(Prodigy covers) Roma

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
User avatar
Jagwah
Posts: 2549
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 24 May 2023

Superology wrote:
23 May 2023
Jagwah wrote:
23 May 2023


Curious to know what you actually did, it sounds extremely midi filey.
Oh yeah? :-) :clap: :thumbup: :reason:
I'm not trying to be rude just trying to understand and your response isn't helping. I am genuinely curious to know what you did, I can explain why it sounds like a midi file to me, or perhaps you can enlighten me?

User avatar
Superology
Posts: 215
Joined: 24 Nov 2022

Post 24 May 2023

Jagwah wrote:
24 May 2023
Superology wrote:
23 May 2023


Oh yeah? :-) :clap: :thumbup: :reason:
I'm not trying to be rude just trying to understand and your response isn't helping. I am genuinely curious to know what you did, I can explain why it sounds like a midi file to me, or perhaps you can enlighten me?
It is like a midi track. The same kind. No need to explain why you think so.

User avatar
Jagwah
Posts: 2549
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 24 May 2023

Superology wrote:
24 May 2023
Jagwah wrote:
24 May 2023


I'm not trying to be rude just trying to understand and your response isn't helping. I am genuinely curious to know what you did, I can explain why it sounds like a midi file to me, or perhaps you can enlighten me?
It is like a midi track. The same kind. No need to explain why you think so.
I think there's a blurred line that gets crossed when someone makes an easy edit / edits to someone else's work then calls it their own or their own remix. I know how a midi file works in a DAW and how easy it is to edit things, or even one thing. I don't think it's OK to generate a midi file of a masterly crafted song and then swap the default sounds for Serum Presets then put your name on it. Might be cool and useful to experiment with that stuff, but putting your name on it is unethical unless it was done completely. Just my opinion.

User avatar
Superology
Posts: 215
Joined: 24 Nov 2022

Post 24 May 2023

Ok.

User avatar
Superology
Posts: 215
Joined: 24 Nov 2022

Post 24 May 2023

Jagwah wrote:
24 May 2023
Superology wrote:
24 May 2023


It is like a midi track. The same kind. No need to explain why you think so.
I think there's a blurred line that gets crossed when someone makes an easy edit / edits to someone else's work then calls it their own or their own remix. I know how a midi file works in a DAW and how easy it is to edit things, or even one thing. I don't think it's OK to generate a midi file of a masterly crafted song and then swap the default sounds for Serum Presets then put your name on it. Might be cool and useful to experiment with that stuff, but putting your name on it is unethical unless it was done completely. Just my opinion.
You just don't know the rules of naming the songs. That's it. And don't be jealous.

User avatar
Chizmata
Posts: 925
Joined: 21 Dec 2015

Post 25 May 2023

Jagwah wrote:
24 May 2023
Superology wrote:
24 May 2023


It is like a midi track. The same kind. No need to explain why you think so.
I think there's a blurred line that gets crossed when someone makes an easy edit / edits to someone else's work then calls it their own or their own remix. I know how a midi file works in a DAW and how easy it is to edit things, or even one thing. I don't think it's OK to generate a midi file of a masterly crafted song and then swap the default sounds for Serum Presets then put your name on it. Might be cool and useful to experiment with that stuff, but putting your name on it is unethical unless it was done completely. Just my opinion.
uh im with jagwah here

User avatar
Superology
Posts: 215
Joined: 24 Nov 2022

Post 25 May 2023

Chizmata wrote:
25 May 2023
Jagwah wrote:
24 May 2023


I think there's a blurred line that gets crossed when someone makes an easy edit / edits to someone else's work then calls it their own or their own remix. I know how a midi file works in a DAW and how easy it is to edit things, or even one thing. I don't think it's OK to generate a midi file of a masterly crafted song and then swap the default sounds for Serum Presets then put your name on it. Might be cool and useful to experiment with that stuff, but putting your name on it is unethical unless it was done completely. Just my opinion.
uh im with jagwah here
If so, look how Prodigy put their name on Fuel My Fire track and relax. In the fashion of electronic punk it's ok. But you try to piss me so gfymf.

User avatar
Superology
Posts: 215
Joined: 24 Nov 2022

Post 25 May 2023


User avatar
Superology
Posts: 215
Joined: 24 Nov 2022

Post 25 May 2023


User avatar
Superology
Posts: 215
Joined: 24 Nov 2022

Post 25 May 2023


User avatar
Superology
Posts: 215
Joined: 24 Nov 2022

Post 25 May 2023


Popey
Competition Winner
Posts: 2133
Joined: 04 Jul 2018

Post 26 May 2023

Superology wrote:
25 May 2023
Chizmata wrote:
25 May 2023


uh im with jagwah here
If so, look how Prodigy put their name on Fuel My Fire track and relax. In the fashion of electronic punk it's ok. But you try to piss me so gfymf.
In all likelihood Prodigy would have sorted a deal with the original artists to use their work and I have no issue with covers if the original artists agree on some remuneration to do so.

User avatar
Superology
Posts: 215
Joined: 24 Nov 2022

Post 26 May 2023

Popey wrote:
26 May 2023
Superology wrote:
25 May 2023


If so, look how Prodigy put their name on Fuel My Fire track and relax. In the fashion of electronic punk it's ok. But you try to piss me so gfymf.
In all likelihood Prodigy would have sorted a deal with the original artists to use their work and I have no issue with covers if the original artists agree on some remuneration to do so.
Listen. Everybody knows who the prodigy are. And I don't care about the rest. Even the logo of the ant is well known. By the way I did not put my name in the track like you say. I mentioned Prodigy in the description. And read the topic name carefully cause there is written "Prodigy cover". You can even tell me that the band's official name is "THE Prodigy" and not just "Prodigy". The main question is: "Who the fuck cares about it?". Only lawyers. The reason why I don't write "Superology - Smack My batch Up (The Prodigy cover)" in the name of the track is because: 1. it looks ugly 2. it's not a problem if people know who the artist is 3. I don't get money for it. So stfu and do your job. Seems like it's much safier to make your own stuff because you don't waste your time copying work of somebody else. But reality is different. Again don't be jealous. Watch yourself. If that will be a problem I will edit the name. Untill don't disturb me please. You know you're wrong but you troll me. :puf_wink:

User avatar
Superology
Posts: 215
Joined: 24 Nov 2022

Post 26 May 2023

And what kind of agreements you expect me to make with the prodigy. You're so funny, dude. :-D

User avatar
Jackjackdaw
Posts: 1400
Joined: 12 Jan 2019

Post 26 May 2023

Lol

User avatar
EnochLight
Moderator
Posts: 8439
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Imladris

Post 26 May 2023

Superology wrote:
26 May 2023
But you try to piss me so gfymf.
Superology wrote:
26 May 2023
So stfu and do your job.
/mod note: Whoa whoa whoa there Superology - can I ask you to calm down? Please keep things respectful. Thanks
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

User avatar
Jagwah
Posts: 2549
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 27 May 2023

Superology wrote:
26 May 2023
Listen. Everybody knows who the prodigy are. And I don't care about the rest. Even the logo of the ant is well known. By the way I did not put my name in the track like you say. I mentioned Prodigy in the description. And read the topic name carefully cause there is written "Prodigy cover". You can even tell me that the band's official name is "THE Prodigy" and not just "Prodigy". The main question is: "Who the fuck cares about it?". Only lawyers. The reason why I don't write "Superology - Smack My batch Up (The Prodigy cover)" in the name of the track is because: 1. it looks ugly 2. it's not a problem if people know who the artist is 3. I don't get money for it. So stfu and do your job. Seems like it's much safier to make your own stuff because you don't waste your time copying work of somebody else. But reality is different. Again don't be jealous. Watch yourself. If that will be a problem I will edit the name. Untill don't disturb me please. You know you're wrong but you troll me. :puf_wink:
I don't know why you are being so aggressive, but I'm more interested in why you claim people are jealous?

This is an interesting topic we have come across and it's definitely debatable. Can you answer my initial question about what you actually did to the midi file?

User avatar
challism
Moderator
Posts: 4687
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Fanboy Shill, Boomertown

Post 27 May 2023

Superology wrote:
26 May 2023

Listen. Everybody knows who the prodigy are.
I would wager that these people never heard of Prodigy.
rice farmers.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

User avatar
Superology
Posts: 215
Joined: 24 Nov 2022

Post 31 May 2023


User avatar
Jagwah
Posts: 2549
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 01 Jun 2023

I don't like it because I sense it's very much a midi file with a few simple alterations if any, but as they say each to their own.

Just don't put your name on i..... oh wait. Um yeah, cool man. :ugeek:

User avatar
Superology
Posts: 215
Joined: 24 Nov 2022

Post 05 Jun 2023

Jagwah wrote:
01 Jun 2023
I don't like it because I sense it's very much a midi file with a few simple alterations if any, but as they say each to their own.

Just don't put your name on i..... oh wait. Um yeah, cool man. :ugeek:
Is it better now?

User avatar
Jagwah
Posts: 2549
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 05 Jun 2023

Superology wrote:
05 Jun 2023
Jagwah wrote:
01 Jun 2023
I don't like it because I sense it's very much a midi file with a few simple alterations if any, but as they say each to their own.

Just don't put your name on i..... oh wait. Um yeah, cool man. :ugeek:
Is it better now?
I like it a lot more that way :)

User avatar
Superology
Posts: 215
Joined: 24 Nov 2022

Post 08 Jun 2023


User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 4193
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 08 Jun 2023

I'm very interested in your reasons for midi styles of The Prodigy.

for starters where did you get a mindfield midi "PM me with the midi file, i would love a copy"

and why are you doing it ?

User avatar
Superology
Posts: 215
Joined: 24 Nov 2022

Post 08 Jun 2023

Billy+ wrote:
08 Jun 2023
I'm very interested in your reasons for midi styles of The Prodigy.

for starters where did you get a mindfield midi "PM me with the midi file, i would love a copy"

and why are you doing it ?
:-)

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests