(Prodigy covers) Roma

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Jagwah

24 May 2023

Superology wrote:
23 May 2023
Jagwah wrote:
23 May 2023

Curious to know what you actually did, it sounds extremely midi filey.
Oh yeah? :-) :clap: :thumbup: :reason:
I'm not trying to be rude just trying to understand and your response isn't helping. I am genuinely curious to know what you did, I can explain why it sounds like a midi file to me, or perhaps you can enlighten me?

Superology

24 May 2023

Jagwah wrote:
24 May 2023
Superology wrote:
23 May 2023

Oh yeah? :-) :clap: :thumbup: :reason:
I'm not trying to be rude just trying to understand and your response isn't helping. I am genuinely curious to know what you did, I can explain why it sounds like a midi file to me, or perhaps you can enlighten me?
It is like a midi track. The same kind. No need to explain why you think so.

Jagwah

24 May 2023

Superology wrote:
24 May 2023
Jagwah wrote:
24 May 2023

I think there's a blurred line that gets crossed when someone makes an easy edit / edits to someone else's work then calls it their own or their own remix. I know how a midi file works in a DAW and how easy it is to edit things, or even one thing. I don't think it's OK to generate a midi file of a masterly crafted song and then swap the default sounds for Serum Presets then put your name on it. Might be cool and useful to experiment with that stuff, but putting your name on it is unethical unless it was done completely. Just my opinion.

Superology

24 May 2023

Ok.

Superology

24 May 2023

Jagwah wrote:
24 May 2023
Superology wrote:
24 May 2023

I think there's a blurred line that gets crossed when someone makes an easy edit / edits to someone else's work then calls it their own or their own remix. I know how a midi file works in a DAW and how easy it is to edit things, or even one thing. I don't think it's OK to generate a midi file of a masterly crafted song and then swap the default sounds for Serum Presets then put your name on it. Might be cool and useful to experiment with that stuff, but putting your name on it is unethical unless it was done completely. Just my opinion.
You just don't know the rules of naming the songs. That's it. And don't be jealous.

Chizmata

25 May 2023

Jagwah wrote:
24 May 2023
Superology wrote:
24 May 2023

uh im with jagwah here

Superology

25 May 2023

Chizmata wrote:
25 May 2023
Jagwah wrote:
24 May 2023

uh im with jagwah here
If so, look how Prodigy put their name on Fuel My Fire track and relax. In the fashion of electronic punk it's ok. But you try to piss me so gfymf.

Superology

25 May 2023

Superology

25 May 2023

Superology

25 May 2023

Superology

25 May 2023

Popey
Competition Winner

26 May 2023

Superology wrote:
25 May 2023
Chizmata wrote:
25 May 2023

uh im with jagwah here
If so, look how Prodigy put their name on Fuel My Fire track and relax. In the fashion of electronic punk it's ok. But you try to piss me so gfymf.
In all likelihood Prodigy would have sorted a deal with the original artists to use their work and I have no issue with covers if the original artists agree on some remuneration to do so.

Superology

26 May 2023

Popey wrote:
26 May 2023
Superology wrote:
25 May 2023

In all likelihood Prodigy would have sorted a deal with the original artists to use their work and I have no issue with covers if the original artists agree on some remuneration to do so.
Listen. Everybody knows who the prodigy are. And I don't care about the rest. Even the logo of the ant is well known. By the way I did not put my name in the track like you say. I mentioned Prodigy in the description. And read the topic name carefully cause there is written "Prodigy cover". You can even tell me that the band's official name is "THE Prodigy" and not just "Prodigy". The main question is: "Who the fuck cares about it?". Only lawyers. The reason why I don't write "Superology - Smack My batch Up (The Prodigy cover)" in the name of the track is because: 1. it looks ugly 2. it's not a problem if people know who the artist is 3. I don't get money for it. So stfu and do your job. Seems like it's much safier to make your own stuff because you don't waste your time copying work of somebody else. But reality is different. Again don't be jealous. Watch yourself. If that will be a problem I will edit the name. Untill don't disturb me please. You know you're wrong but you troll me. :puf_wink:

Superology

26 May 2023

And what kind of agreements you expect me to make with the prodigy. You're so funny, dude. :-D

Jackjackdaw

26 May 2023

Lol

EnochLight

26 May 2023

Superology wrote:
26 May 2023
But you try to piss me so gfymf.
Superology wrote:
26 May 2023
So stfu and do your job.
/mod note: Whoa whoa whoa there Superology - can I ask you to calm down? Please keep things respectful. Thanks
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Jagwah

27 May 2023

Superology wrote:
26 May 2023
Listen. Everybody knows who the prodigy are. And I don't care about the rest. Even the logo of the ant is well known. By the way I did not put my name in the track like you say. I mentioned Prodigy in the description. And read the topic name carefully cause there is written "Prodigy cover". You can even tell me that the band's official name is "THE Prodigy" and not just "Prodigy". The main question is: "Who the fuck cares about it?". Only lawyers. The reason why I don't write "Superology - Smack My batch Up (The Prodigy cover)" in the name of the track is because: 1. it looks ugly 2. it's not a problem if people know who the artist is 3. I don't get money for it. So stfu and do your job. Seems like it's much safier to make your own stuff because you don't waste your time copying work of somebody else. But reality is different. Again don't be jealous. Watch yourself. If that will be a problem I will edit the name. Untill don't disturb me please. You know you're wrong but you troll me. :puf_wink:
I don't know why you are being so aggressive, but I'm more interested in why you claim people are jealous?

This is an interesting topic we have come across and it's definitely debatable. Can you answer my initial question about what you actually did to the midi file?

challism

27 May 2023

Superology wrote:
26 May 2023

Listen. Everybody knows who the prodigy are.
I would wager that these people never heard of Prodigy.
rice farmers.jpg
rice farmers.jpg (184.09 KiB) Viewed 1614 times
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Superology

31 May 2023

Jagwah

01 Jun 2023

I don't like it because I sense it's very much a midi file with a few simple alterations if any, but as they say each to their own.

Just don't put your name on i..... oh wait. Um yeah, cool man. :ugeek:

Superology

05 Jun 2023

Jagwah wrote:
01 Jun 2023
I don't like it because I sense it's very much a midi file with a few simple alterations if any, but as they say each to their own.

Is it better now?

Jagwah

05 Jun 2023

Superology wrote:
05 Jun 2023
Jagwah wrote:
01 Jun 2023

Is it better now?
I like it a lot more that way :)

Superology

08 Jun 2023

Billy+

08 Jun 2023

I'm very interested in your reasons for midi styles of The Prodigy.

for starters where did you get a mindfield midi "PM me with the midi file, i would love a copy"

and why are you doing it ?

Superology

08 Jun 2023

Billy+ wrote:
08 Jun 2023
I'm very interested in your reasons for midi styles of The Prodigy.

for starters where did you get a mindfield midi "PM me with the midi file, i would love a copy"

and why are you doing it ?
:-)

• Information