Reason 12 plugin rack does not appear as a VST3 plugin in Ableton 11

This forum is for discussing the Reason Rack Plugin, the version of the Reason rack that runs as a VST3, AU, AAX in other DAWs.
dimkarolidis

06 May 2022

Greets from Greece.
I am experiencing the following issue:
I have installed the latest version of Ableton 11 and the latest version of Reason 12 on MacOs (Mac Mini, 2020_M1_16GB).
Ableton runs smoothly AND Reason 12 runs smoothly as well.
When in Ableton, the Reason plugin rack fails to appear under the VST3 folder but it appears under the AudioUnit folder.
Although the reasonpluginrack.vst3 is installed within the VST3 directory in my MacMini (i can see it inside Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3/) it does not show under the VST3 folder when Ableton is running.
I reinstalled both Ableton and Reason but still the reasonpluginrack.vst3 is not working.
Also, the reason rack plugin shows under the AUDIOUNITS folder BUT is not functioning properly with Ableton 11 (i cannot use the Beat Drum sequencer with a midi vst instrument).
Has anyone experienced a similar problem AND/or found a solution to this?
Any advice or suggestion will be welcome!

Thank you

jam-s

06 May 2022

I suppose if you run Ableton Live in Rosetta2 mode then the VST3 will show up.

Thoww

30 Jun 2022

That is exactly my issue right now. No .VST3 and the AU seems to be unable to send midi to other tracks.. Any ideas how to solve this? Especially since we now have the Chord Sequencer...

Grimlucky

03 Jul 2022

It's a case of running Ableton (at a lower performance level) using Rozetta until RS add M1 support, not sure where they are on the roadmap with this.
All my other plugins are M1 native so the Reason Plugin is sitting unused for now.

Jac459

03 Jul 2022

I am using Bitwig in M1 native. It loads RRP in Rosetta with no issue and excellent performance...

But then Bitwig has a sophisticated plugin management system that ableton hasn't, maybe it explains why.
Bitwig and RRP fanboy...

kpayson

23 Jul 2022

Same here - has this been fixed yet? My Reason Rack shows up fine in the VST3 folder in Live 10, but not Live 11. I've sent support queries to both Reason and Ableton but they pretend to know nothing about this issue. Very frustrating.

sofine

04 Aug 2022

I am also experiencing this issue on Win 10

carvingcode

29 Aug 2022

Only the AU versions of RRP shows in Studio One 5.5.2. And the AU won’t pass on MIDI from Players…. I am sad.

{Mac mini M1, MacOS 15.{latest}}

deojorge

06 Oct 2022

Same Here, is there any answer by the developers?

Tiny Montgomery

13 Dec 2022

Got an M1 MacBook Pro at weekend and have been stung by this. I start most Ableton projects sending midi from the RRP into midi tracks in Ableton. Not going to downgrade the machine to Rosetta after a weekend or more setting things up.

Would love an update from RS on this.

Tiny Montgomery

13 Dec 2022

Tiny Montgomery wrote:
13 Dec 2022
Got an M1 MacBook Pro at weekend and have been stung by this. I start most Ableton projects sending midi from the RRP into midi tracks in Ableton. Not going to downgrade the machine to Rosetta after a weekend or more setting things up.

Would love an update from RS on this.
OK, discovered that Ableton can be launched in Rosetta mode and despite waiting quite a long time for the plugin scan to complete it appears to have worked, RRP is now visible as a VST3 and I can route audio from it yay.

But concerned it made me reauthorise Ableton but I assume it will be ok when I move back. Guessing there will be a performance hit in Ableton? I may not notice as I haven't done anything in it yet apart from set up plugins and download Packs.

Tiny Montgomery

21 Dec 2022

IS it possible to start Reason in Rosetta mode (instead of Ableton) and get the RRP to appear in Ableton running in silicon?

Or will I need to stick to Rosetta Ableton to run the RRP VST until RS updates? Im loath to try it myself as Ableton will almost certainly re-authorise and Im hoping to save this spare authorisation for the "final" fix (I know their helpdesk will help out on this but they aren't the quickest to respond).

niants

27 Sep 2023

heyo, i was having the same issue on FL Studio 20 and tried re-installing reason but this time checking the VST3 and AAX check boxes on the installation window.
hope this helps !

• Information