They seem to really need the money: REASON 12 UPGRADE 60% OFF

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
SauceMerchant
Posts: 16
Joined: 27 Dec 2021

Post 17 Jun 2022

I waited until last day of the "May Madness" hurry up and get the upgrade before it's too late sale . . . . and now just 16 days later, they offer 60% off !

Call it whatever floats your boat, but one thing is certain, it is very poor PR and does little to create and maintain good will from customers.

This type of business practice trains their customer base to expect slashed prices, and then shortly after, slashed even better again.

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 8428
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 17 Jun 2022

I guess if you’re on 12 and you’re confident that there’ll be a 13 and you’re confident that you’re going to want to upgrade then now would be the time to do some strategic and cynical purchasing. $70 laid down now in order to get 13 on release.
丰2ॐ

mhj
Posts: 1
Joined: 06 Dec 2018

Post 17 Jun 2022

Whenever there is an Apple M1 Native version of Reason I will upgrade immediately.
I don't care about the Reason DAW, just want to use Reason VST native in Ableton (like all my other Plugins, except Native Instruments...)

Steedus
Posts: 855
Joined: 31 Aug 2015
Location: Melbourne, AU

Post 17 Jun 2022

They're just testing the waters to see people's breaking points. For some it was full price, others it was during the recent MM. For those that still didn't grab it, now they're seeing if 60% off does the trick.

Seems like a good deal to me. I enjoy the HD stuff, even if there is still 1% remaining in SD (random bits of a few devices like Umpf)

User avatar
avasopht
Posts: 3451
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 17 Jun 2022

It's a PROMO.

This is basic marketing 101.

$199 is price anchoring. 60% off of $199 is much more moving than 40% off of $129
---

jamespember
Reason Studios
Posts: 1594
Joined: 05 Feb 2020

Post 17 Jun 2022

mhj wrote:
17 Jun 2022
Whenever there is an Apple M1 Native version of Reason I will upgrade immediately.
I don't care about the Reason DAW, just want to use Reason VST native in Ableton (like all my other Plugins, except Native Instruments...)
To be really clear, native M1 support and VST3 will be added to Reason 12 and be free upgrades for Reason 12 owners. That's where our focus is now.

Jac459
Posts: 481
Joined: 29 Mar 2022
Location: Singapore

Post 17 Jun 2022

jamespember wrote:
17 Jun 2022
To be really clear, native M1 support and VST3 will be added to Reason 12 and be free upgrades for Reason 12 owners. That's where our focus is now.
❤️❤️❤️❤️♥️♥️♥️♥️
Bitwig and RRP fanboy...

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 8428
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 17 Jun 2022

jamespember wrote:
17 Jun 2022
mhj wrote:
17 Jun 2022
Whenever there is an Apple M1 Native version of Reason I will upgrade immediately.
I don't care about the Reason DAW, just want to use Reason VST native in Ableton (like all my other Plugins, except Native Instruments...)
To be really clear, native M1 support and VST3 will be added to Reason 12 and be free upgrades for Reason 12 owners. That's where our focus is now.
Of course they will James. That was one of the things we paid for in R12. Hope the guys on your end are also focusing on getting any remaining bugs fixed in the current version before RS move on to R13 or whatever it may be. In Propellerheads we trust.
丰2ॐ

jamespember
Reason Studios
Posts: 1594
Joined: 05 Feb 2020

Post 17 Jun 2022

MrFigg wrote:
17 Jun 2022
jamespember wrote:
17 Jun 2022


To be really clear, native M1 support and VST3 will be added to Reason 12 and be free upgrades for Reason 12 owners. That's where our focus is now.
Of course they will James. That was one of the things we paid for in R12. Hope the guys on your end are also focusing on getting any remaining bugs fixed in the current version before RS move on to R13 or whatever it may be. In Propellerheads we trust.
That is indeed the plan :)

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 8428
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 17 Jun 2022

jamespember wrote:
17 Jun 2022
MrFigg wrote:
17 Jun 2022


Of course they will James. That was one of the things we paid for in R12. Hope the guys on your end are also focusing on getting any remaining bugs fixed in the current version before RS move on to R13 or whatever it may be. In Propellerheads we trust.
That is indeed the plan :)
Excellent. I knew in Propellerheads we could trust. :)
丰2ॐ

Jac459
Posts: 481
Joined: 29 Mar 2022
Location: Singapore

Post 17 Jun 2022

MrFigg wrote:
17 Jun 2022

Excellent. I knew in Propellerheads we could trust. :)
Propellerheads? What is Propellerheads? 😂
Bitwig and RRP fanboy...

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 3997
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 17 Jun 2022

MrFigg wrote:
17 Jun 2022
Of course they will James. That was one of the things we paid for in R12. Hope the guys on your end are also focusing on getting any remaining bugs fixed in the current version before RS move on to R13 or whatever it may be. In Propellerheads we trust.
jamespember wrote:
17 Jun 2022
That is indeed the plan :)
The plan you say, any chance of a promise
Remember this - freedom of expression does not exist in this dojo.

Popey
Posts: 1498
Joined: 04 Jul 2018

Post 17 Jun 2022

Jac459 wrote:
17 Jun 2022
MrFigg wrote:
17 Jun 2022

Excellent. I knew in Propellerheads we could trust. :)
Propellerheads? What is Propellerheads? 😂
They are the creators of Reason. Now called reason studios.

User avatar
sonicbyte
Posts: 344
Joined: 16 Jan 2015
Location: Argentina

Post 17 Jun 2022

Hi... maybe a stupid question, but I have Reason 10...If I install R12 can I keep both installed at the same time? I'm concerned about all bugs and performance in my system.
Also, in case I have to install only R12, if doesn't work well, can I later uninstall it and rollback to R10 with my old license?

Thanks

User avatar
Oenkenstein
RE Developer
Posts: 643
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 17 Jun 2022

sonicbyte wrote:
17 Jun 2022
If I install R12 can I keep both installed at the same time?
I do not know about Mac OSX, but on a Windows platform you can install both Reason 10 and 12 without any problems.

User avatar
xylyx
Posts: 227
Joined: 11 Feb 2015

Post 17 Jun 2022

jamespember wrote:
17 Jun 2022
mhj wrote:
17 Jun 2022
Whenever there is an Apple M1 Native version of Reason I will upgrade immediately.
I don't care about the Reason DAW, just want to use Reason VST native in Ableton (like all my other Plugins, except Native Instruments...)
To be really clear, native M1 support and VST3 will be added to Reason 12 and be free upgrades for Reason 12 owners. That's where our focus is now.
Can you confirm that VST3 support will include full support for VST midi plugins?

User avatar
avasopht
Posts: 3451
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 17 Jun 2022

xylyx wrote:
17 Jun 2022
Can you confirm that VST3 support will include full support for VST midi plugins?
A lack of response would suggest to me that they're working on it but will release without if it's not ready on time or causes unexpected conflicts, ... otherwise they'd just say that feature is not planned.
---

DJMaytag
Posts: 568
Joined: 17 Jun 2015
Location: Madison, WI

Post 17 Jun 2022

sonicbyte wrote:
17 Jun 2022
Hi... maybe a stupid question, but I have Reason 10...If I install R12 can I keep both installed at the same time? I'm concerned about all bugs and performance in my system.
Also, in case I have to install only R12, if doesn't work well, can I later uninstall it and rollback to R10 with my old license?

Thanks
I have R10, R12, and R12 Beta installed on my system (macOS 10.14.x). I can launch any of them as I please.

User avatar
Eprom
Posts: 116
Joined: 24 Sep 2017

Post 17 Jun 2022

jamespember wrote:
17 Jun 2022
To be really clear, native M1 support and VST3 will be added to Reason 12 and be free upgrades for Reason 12 owners. That's where our focus is now.
People would be very upset if this wasn’t the case. It was the selling point of V12. (And with “people” I mean myself 😁)
Glad you took the time to confirm it.
:reason: Reason user since Ver. 1.01(2001) :reason:
- I read everything, but rarely post on forums -

[Mac Mini M1/Macbook Pro M1/MacOS 12.4 - Reason 12]

User avatar
Gardinski
Posts: 340
Joined: 04 Feb 2015

Post 17 Jun 2022

Creativemind wrote:
16 Jun 2022
MrFigg wrote:
16 Jun 2022
$70.31 on JRRShop with code FORUM at checkout.
:thumbs_up:

That's - £56.95 in British money.

Pretty cheap but not sure it's worth it for the updated graphics and Combinator and a browser that searches as you type but I could open the Reaper projects that use the Reason 12 RRP that I saved when doing the 3 months for £3 thing in September last year I suppose too.

I do think as others have said this, this massive price reduction is kind of alarming yes.
Honestly, to my mind, it's worth that for Mimic alone. If Mimic had been a standalone RE, it would most likely have been priced at £99 (which I wouldn't have paid, cos I'm a cheapskate) - but I'd have jumped at it as soon as it came up for £63 in a sale. So for £56, it would have been a no-brainer.

I didn't think I'd be that bothered about the Hi-Res, as I'd managed perfectly well before it, but having now lived with it for however many months, I'd never want to go back. I recently booted up the 11 Suite, which I still have installed for 'emergencies', and it felt very weird and squinty by comparison.

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 8428
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 17 Jun 2022

Anybody else thinking of getting it now as a cheap upgrade path to R13?
丰2ॐ

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 3997
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 17 Jun 2022

MrFigg wrote:
17 Jun 2022
Anybody else thinking of getting it now as a cheap upgrade path to R13?
Why is it a cheap path to R13?

I'm on R11 and will be able to skip R12 and just upgrade to the next major if I want without buying R12 at all, has there been some kind of announcement?
Remember this - freedom of expression does not exist in this dojo.

User avatar
QVprod
Moderator
Posts: 3315
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 17 Jun 2022

Billy+ wrote:
16 Jun 2022
motuscott wrote:
16 Jun 2022
teetering
That happened to me for a whole minute but the bugs pulled me out :lol:

I'm waiting for the new progression player before letting loose the wallet even though it's probably the best deal we will see for awhile I'm just waiting for the feeling of wanting to use it rather than oh it's cheap.
Just think... you'd get to finally use all those combinator patches from the newer REs :puf_bigsmile:

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 3997
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 17 Jun 2022

QVprod wrote:
17 Jun 2022
Billy+ wrote:
16 Jun 2022


That happened to me for a whole minute but the bugs pulled me out :lol:

I'm waiting for the new progression player before letting loose the wallet even though it's probably the best deal we will see for awhile I'm just waiting for the feeling of wanting to use it rather than oh it's cheap.
Just think... you'd get to finally use all those combinator patches from the newer REs :puf_bigsmile:
As things stand I'm fine with waiting and happier to purchase the next version when it has features that I feel are of benefit to me or actually in the daw, please remember that we are still waiting nothing has changed it's only a sale.

Unfortunately hidpi/CMBv2/mimic/vst3 just isn't on my wish list and although £80 sounds reasonable it's £80 I don't need to spend as I can continue with R11 while waiting for features that I value to actually be available in the product.
Remember this - freedom of expression does not exist in this dojo.

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 8428
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 17 Jun 2022

Billy+ wrote:
17 Jun 2022
MrFigg wrote:
17 Jun 2022
Anybody else thinking of getting it now as a cheap upgrade path to R13?
Why is it a cheap path to R13?

I'm on R11 and will be able to skip R12 and just upgrade to the next major if I want without buying R12 at all, has there been some kind of announcement?
It’s a cheap path because you buy it now for $70 then register it during the grace period when R13 is announced.
丰2ॐ

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: mcatalao, zoidkirb and 5 guests