They seem to really need the money: REASON 12 UPGRADE 60% OFF

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
OldGoat

16 Jun 2022

From a promotional email:

"We wanna give you the best discount we've ever had on an upgrade... 60% off*!
Upgrade to Reason 12 today for just $79.6. Simply enter coupon code VIP60 at checkout. But hurry, this offer won't last long!
[...]
*The campaign is valid until midnight 21/06/2022 CET and cannot be combined with coupon codes or any other offer."

I think I will skip this, money is not the reason I am not upgrading, but maybe this is relevant for someone...

Threpus

16 Jun 2022

I hope I'm wrong... but this seems like a BAD omen- an indication that they are desperate. Time will tell.

helmutson

16 Jun 2022

I upgraded some weeks back (may madness) and thought 133.- instead of 199 is a good deal and now that !
Unbelievable, I'm very pi.... :thumbs_down: :x

MrFigg
Competition Winner

16 Jun 2022

$70.31 on JRRShop with code FORUM at checkout.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Loque

16 Jun 2022

PPL are always moaning or complaining.too expensiv, too cheap, bad move, bad sign... Yadda Yadda...

Just upgrade if you want. it's a good offer. That's it.
Reason12, Win10

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

16 Jun 2022

That's a good deal.
Just wondering, for those of you who are already on R12, is it bug free at this point? Is there anything in R12 that is working worse compared to earlier versions? That's kind of a deal breaker for me.

Oenkenstein
RE Developer

16 Jun 2022

Desperate or not, it is awesome that Reasonstudios reduced the upgrade price.
On the other hand, this offer should have been active during the whole May Madness period.

helmutson

16 Jun 2022

Oenkenstein wrote:
16 Jun 2022
Desperate or not, it is awesome that Reasonstudios reduced the upgrade price.
On the other hand, this offer should have been active during the whole May Madness period.
:clap:

Synthopathe

16 Jun 2022

I don't usually express my opinion on these things but here we go...

Maybe this is just a sign of a more pragmatic business model. By now the chances of any abstainers buying the upgrade at full price are close to zero and this new price is significant enough to sway some I would say.

So for me, its less a sign of desparation and more a sign of who is making these decisions.

Also R12 had a lot of teething problems so maybe the initial uptake was lower than hoped so this will help even that out?

Popey
Competition Winner

16 Jun 2022

This is a good offer imo and personally would have been tempted if I hadn't just bought the weiss comp/limiter and an eq. Totally understand people's frustration if they paid £130 in May though.

I am hoping this means future similar sales down the line when I have the disposable funds.

bangaio

16 Jun 2022

Count me in for the 130 squad who are annoyed here. I really do worry about this company's business strategy. Everyone else has reliable predictable clear pricing and sale periods. Not impressed.

Billy+

16 Jun 2022

Sounds like a great deal :clap:

Eprom

16 Jun 2022

Oenkenstein wrote:
16 Jun 2022
Probably not enough people fell for the "We raise the price first and than offer a discount above the original price", so they are lowering it even further to get at least some income.
:reason: Reason user since Ver. 1.01(2001) :reason:
- I read everything, but rarely post on forums -

avasopht
Competition Winner

16 Jun 2022

Nothing out of the ordinary here tbh.

This is standard marketing.

No need for premature speculation 💦

Jac459

16 Jun 2022

Loque wrote:
16 Jun 2022
PPL are always moaning or complaining.too expensiv, too cheap, bad move, bad sign... Yadda Yadda...

I am relatively new to this forum and still surprised as how many people are complaining.
I bought many things full price 1 month before May madness and I have no regrets as the products I bought are good and I am happy to support the life of Reason and its ecosystem with a bit more money.

I am a developer myself and developed a free open source system few years ago with a PayPal link for coffee. You would be surprised to know how much I received. Multiple thousands of dollars. Some people paying 400USD just in recognition of my work.

I don't know why for Reason, it seems to be cool to criticise...
Bitwig and RRP fanboy...

Jac459

16 Jun 2022

Synthopathe wrote:
16 Jun 2022
I don't usually express my opinion on these things but here we go...

Maybe this is just a sign of a more pragmatic business model. By now the chances of any abstainers buying the upgrade at full price are close to zero and this new price is significant enough to sway some I would say.

So for me, its less a sign of desparation and more a sign of who is making these decisions.

Also R12 had a lot of teething problems so maybe the initial uptake was lower than hoped so this will help even that out?
I think for them it is good to have less scattered user base. Having to support a lot of reason 11 is an headache. It is better for them if the vast majority is on the same version.
Bitwig and RRP fanboy...

Mint

16 Jun 2022

Loque wrote:
16 Jun 2022

+1 :thumbs_up:

PhillipOrdonez

16 Jun 2022

I have been using 12 since release. This sale totally offends me!!!! How dare they give out the product for such a cheap price when I paid full price!!!!! This is outrageous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Reason studios are on a path to destruction treating loyal users like garbage!!!!!!! I need to speak to THE MANAGER!!!

😂😂😂😂

This thread is peak Karen.

This is a great offer, I hope more of you join us on the latest version 🤗

Harpuia

16 Jun 2022

I snagged it.

Been hoping for a sale (or R13), because the current features didn't justify the higher price tag, but I think with the deal there's enough there to justify it.

Really looking forward to playing with the new Combinator, I've been eyeing all the cool stuff you've all been building.

strangers
Competition Winner

16 Jun 2022

Sounds like a tough crowd to go grocery shopping or any kind of shopping with...

"Hey, those bananas were $2 more last week when I bought them!" [insert banana peeling rage]
"Hey, those shoes were not on sale last week when I bought them!" [insert shoelace tangling rage]
"Hey, I bought Apple stock last week and now it's cheaper?!" [insert economic rage]
"Hey, that toaster was not $39.99 when I bought it!" [insert Bombtrack by Rage Against the Machine]

I had no intention of upgrading from 11 Suite to 12. This deal seemed like a no-brainer so I bought it. When will I apply the upgrade? Time will tell.

Lost Dog

16 Jun 2022

Great timing RS.
Over the last few weeks, Ableton had an offer on, I was very tempted as I had a trial version from years ago, so the upgrade would of been a good deal, I talked myself out of it as I'm not a huge user, mainly make music as a hobby. The day after my decision not to go down the Ableton route Kilohearts gave away most of their effect catalog, plus a synth, and today while ill in bed I receive the email about the 60% off.
Thank you, this really cheered me up!!!

motuscott

16 Jun 2022

teetering
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

Billy+

16 Jun 2022

motuscott wrote:
16 Jun 2022
teetering
That happened to me for a whole minute but the bugs pulled me out :lol:

I'm waiting for the new progression player before letting loose the wallet even though it's probably the best deal we will see for awhile I'm just waiting for the feeling of wanting to use it rather than oh it's cheap.

selig
RE Developer

16 Jun 2022

Loque wrote:
16 Jun 2022

I was just going to say similar:
Reason raises the price - they must really need the money.
Reason lowers the price - they must really need the money.
;)
Selig Audio, LLC

Jac459

16 Jun 2022

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
16 Jun 2022
This thread is peak Karen.
This joke made my day...

Thanks !
Bitwig and RRP fanboy...

• Information