IK Multimedia Humble Bundle

Discuss VST stuff here!
WaxTrax

18 Sep 2024

https://www.humblebundle.com/software/i ... e-software

Quite a deal here (if you have the disk space for all the sampled instruments). You get the full version of SampleTank 4 and several of the sampled instruments, plus $100 JamPoints, all for $30. Even if you already own all this stuff, it might be worth it just for the JamPoints to use on something in the future (like the next version of Total Studio Max).

jaeproduced

28 Sep 2024

Question, I have Kontakt so is this the same thing, better or worse. And how does it work in Reason 13 and is Sampletank 4 a CPU Hog?

WaxTrax

28 Sep 2024

jaeproduced wrote:
28 Sep 2024
Question, I have Kontakt so is this the same thing, better or worse. And how does it work in Reason 13 and is Sampletank 4 a CPU Hog?
Similar in many ways to Kontakt. Kontakt is the superior platform, in my opinion, but both are very good at basic "ROMpler" duties with the included libraries. It works just fine in R13, and does not seem to be a CPU hog on my system (Mac Studio M1). YMMV.

esme

28 Sep 2024

sampletank is disk hog not cpu hog

jaeproduced

28 Sep 2024

WaxTrax wrote:
28 Sep 2024
jaeproduced wrote:
28 Sep 2024
Similar in many ways to Kontakt. Kontakt is the superior platform, in my opinion, but both are very good at basic "ROMpler" duties with the included libraries. It works just fine in R13, and does not seem to be a CPU hog on my system (Mac Studio M1). YMMV.
So is SampleTank 4 worth the headache for $1 even thought I have Kontakt with Komplete 14?

jaeproduced

28 Sep 2024

esme wrote:
28 Sep 2024
What's the difference?

WaxTrax

28 Sep 2024

jaeproduced wrote:
28 Sep 2024
So is SampleTank 4 worth the headache for $1 even thought I have Kontakt with Komplete 14?
It is definitely worth $1 even if you never touch it because it is a full version, and there is a decent chance IKM will give you some kind of cross-grade discount to something else you may be interested in during future sales.

The full $30 bundle is worth it just for the $100 JamPoints if you are interested in other IKM products. For example, until Sept 30, IKM is running a promo where you can get their Total Studio Max for $199, and then you can apply $60 of those JamPoints to it. https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?item_id=16343

I swear I don't work for IKM but this seems like a pretty decent deal to me.

jaeproduced

28 Sep 2024

WaxTrax wrote:
28 Sep 2024
jaeproduced wrote:
28 Sep 2024
It is definitely worth $1 even if you never touch it because it is a full version, and there is a decent chance IKM will give you some kind of cross-grade discount to something else you may be interested in during future sales.

The full $30 bundle is worth it just for the $100 JamPoints if you are interested in other IKM products. For example, until Sept 30, IKM is running a promo where you can get their Total Studio Max for $199, and then you can apply $60 of those JamPoints to it. https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?item_id=16343

I swear I don't work for IKM but this seems like a pretty decent deal to me.
Yeah 3hrs later and Sampletank 4 still downloading there's Always a catch I knew it for $1 something had to be off...smh

Mataya

29 Sep 2024

I bought this few months ago. You get all the sounds for Sample Tank 4, entire Syntronik 2 library with a dedicated plugin for that and it all works once you set it up correctly. You have to download soundbanks separately from your IK account and not from the plugin...it will stuck.
For the price I am happy. Tons of sounds...Miroslav Vitous, Pianos, Bass, Drums whatever you can think of and also Syntronik 2 plugin with the entire Vintage Synths library.
I say go for it and forget about 100 points and a few random libraries. Just get it all.

I also bought MixBox which is also a great collection of processing plugins in a 500 launchbox format.

https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... NTYxNzk0NQ..

tx
M

avasopht
Competition Winner

29 Sep 2024

They're also offering SampleTank 4 Max v2 for £50 directly from their website.

Not sure if it's any different from what's on Plugin Boutique.

The Humble Bundle doesn't have SampleTron.

This looks like a pass for me. Maybe I'll feel differently later. It's got some good stuff and it's all accessible through one plugin. It has brilliant range of sounds with a workstation-like interface that is better than the Komplete bundles because some of those are VSTs and not even optimized for Maschine or the NI keyboards.

I just don't feel it has the power to truly add.

And I'm not sure it really offers anything over the Sonic Reality Gold Refill (for the sounds I want).

joeyluck

29 Sep 2024

I picked up the Brandenburg Piano for free (limited time at Audio Plugin Deals), but haven't installed it or Sampletank yet. I had issues with installing their stuff before. https://audioplugin.deals/product/brand ... ultimedia/

Mataya

29 Sep 2024

avasopht wrote:
29 Sep 2024
They're also offering SampleTank 4 Max v2 for £50 directly from their website.

Not sure if it's any different from what's on Plugin Boutique.

The Humble Bundle doesn't have SampleTron.

This looks like a pass for me. Maybe I'll feel differently later. It's got some good stuff and it's all accessible through one plugin. It has brilliant range of sounds with a workstation-like interface that is better than the Komplete bundles because some of those are VSTs and not even optimized for Maschine or the NI keyboards.

I just don't feel it has the power to truly add.

And I'm not sure it really offers anything over the Sonic Reality Gold Refill (for the sounds I want).
Oh, it's 50 again...Great! Buy from them, it's a bit cheaper.
Just don't forget, when you create an account, you'll be able to download all the sounds separately from their page and add it to sample tank. Don't download trough the plugin. Also Syntronik 2 MAX is available for you as a separate plugin with more control, but you can load them trough sample tanks either. Also, most of the sounds I tried are really great. Syntronik MAX alone is a great product and you get 600GB on top of that.
And also, I don't work form them either, just like the sounds you get for 50 bucks.

I own Komplete and use it not as often.

tx
M

jaeproduced

Yesterday

esme wrote:
28 Sep 2024
I agree 100GB of sounds is ridiculous if you don't have a external hard drive to store those sounds forget it...

jaeproduced

Yesterday

I agree for $1 SampleTank 4 is worth it I have Kontakt Komplete also so I'm set on instruments and sounds...

• Information