Synapse The Legend HZ

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Faastwalker

19 Sep 2024

Oh wow! I have not checked the Reason shop for a while. Just went in and spotted this has now dropped as a Rack Extension. Awesome :clap:

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... legend-hz/

Loque

19 Sep 2024

Nice. Finally. Probably no Crossgrade?
Reason13, Win10

geronimo

19 Sep 2024

Why not ?

Kilsane

19 Sep 2024

Great Re

NoisiaTHX

19 Sep 2024

There seems to be no audio input anymore.

eusti

19 Sep 2024

Loque wrote:
19 Sep 2024
Nice. Finally. Probably no Crossgrade?
I had reached out to Synapse when the VST/AU version launched a while back... As I wanted the get the regular Legend VST/AU as a free crossgrade to then update it to Legend HZ. They never got back to me.

As I recall that upgrade was a bit cheaper than the offer I just got for the RE (which is 25% off)... That's almost $90 for the upgrade for me... I'm not sure I'll go for that...

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

19 Sep 2024

As a Legend fan this is of course a very interesting release. This might be the thing that actually makes me upgrade from R11, since I can't buy anything from the shop without breaking my offline authorisation. Though I'm still waiting for RS to bring back favorite lists first. :puf_smile:

I do find it interesting that the old Legend version isn't sold anymore. I mean I get that it's basically the same thing but MORE. But still even if I buy this HZ version I can see myself reaching for the old one as well. I think the simpler version can be preferable at certain times.

joeyluck

19 Sep 2024

Some pretty gnarly sounds! I had played with the demo a bit, but didn't get the full tour of the presets. Amazing :clap:

CaptainBlack

19 Sep 2024

Just got an email offer from Reason for an extra 25% off the intro price as I own the original Legend. It’s a helluva lot cheaper than a Moog Muse.

joeyluck

19 Sep 2024

TritoneAddiction wrote:
19 Sep 2024
I do find it interesting that the old Legend version isn't sold anymore. I mean I get that it's basically the same thing but MORE. But still even if I buy this HZ version I can see myself reaching for the old one as well. I think the simpler version can be preferable at certain times.
Agreed. Looks the VST/AU of the original is also no longer sold?

I like the simplicity of the original for when you only need 3 oscillators and don't need the other features. I also like the color scheme/contrast of the original better, even given that there is a GUI adjustment on the HZ version, the lightest setting is still darker than the original and looks to have less contrast in any of the settings (between knobs and background and text around the knobs). The GUI of the original is just 🤌

joeyluck

19 Sep 2024

Browsing The Legend (original) presets folder, the HZ version uses twice the CPU for the same presets.

Legend CPU.png
Legend CPU.png (468.64 KiB) Viewed 657 times

Even a reset device with one oscillator is using 30% CPU. This can't be right can it?

NoisiaTHX

19 Sep 2024

NoisiaTHX wrote:
19 Sep 2024
I got an answer from Synapse that the audio inputs will be added in an update.

Chi-Individual

19 Sep 2024

joeyluck wrote:
19 Sep 2024
Browsing The Legend (original) presets folder, the HZ version uses twice the CPU for the same presets.

Legend CPU.png

Even a reset device with one oscillator is using 30% CPU. This can't be right can it?
I just downloaded the demo and I can confirm this. Also HZ is a bit louder though the volumes are matched using the legacy patches. Weird seeing %100 more cpu for the same patch.
Attachments
Legend HZ.jpg
Legend HZ.jpg (411.33 KiB) Viewed 595 times

Sargie

19 Sep 2024

Can anyone confirm that you can buy the RE and cross grade to the VST… or not?

eusti

19 Sep 2024

NoisiaTHX wrote:
19 Sep 2024
NoisiaTHX wrote:
19 Sep 2024
This inspired me to resend my original email from May 4 and I got a prompt reply with the crossgrade to Legend VST/AU which I then upgraded to LegendHZ VST/AU for about $10 less than the RE would have been for me. Just throwing it out there! ;)

Thank you @NoisiaTHX and Synapse for their generous crossgrade policy! Not sure if that still works if the HZ version is bought.

Sargie

19 Sep 2024

Just got an email offer from Reason for an extra 25% off the intro price as I own the original Legend. It’s a helluva lot cheaper than a Moog Muse.
Nice.

I also own the Legend but have to receive any email regarding a discount.

EDIT Just came in!
Last edited by Sargie on 19 Sep 2024, edited 1 time in total.

Emian

19 Sep 2024

SO, the intro offer lasts untill Sunday 22nd september, after that it's 189, so the 25% off coupon is already a much lesser deal from next week....

The 25% discount coupon legend RE owners got expires November 1st... so after that us RE supporters can only 'upgrade' our legend for the nice price of 189, compared to 79 for the VST upgrade ,which has been the same price since launch.

i'm sorry but i REALLY think this pricing policy (by Reason Studios, right?) sucks, unless i'm missing something!

Congratz on the release Synapse, i'll be paying you for the VST upgrade with pleasure!!

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

Loque

19 Sep 2024

joeyluck wrote:
19 Sep 2024

Legend CPU.png

Contact him.
Reason13, Win10

Loque

19 Sep 2024

NoisiaTHX wrote:
19 Sep 2024
NoisiaTHX wrote:
19 Sep 2024
YES !!! 👍
Reason13, Win10

joeyluck

19 Sep 2024

Loque wrote:
19 Sep 2024
joeyluck wrote:
19 Sep 2024

Legend CPU.png

Contact him.
I did that and heard back and came here to report. They confirmed that more CPU usage is expected, but not 2x and they said they will look into it :thumbup:

Sargie

19 Sep 2024

I've been talking to a chap at Synapse support about the cross grade who is trying to be helpful... he's currently saying I should buy the VST and they'll give me a cross grade for the RE... but I've pointed out that this is the opposite to how it has worked in the past.

Hopefully will get more clarity soon, because I'd like to have both the RE and the VST if at all possible.

Emian

19 Sep 2024

Sargie wrote:
19 Sep 2024
I've been talking to a chap at Synapse support about the cross grade who is trying to be helpful... he's currently saying I should buy the VST and they'll give me a cross grade for the RE... but I've pointed out that this is the opposite to how it has worked in the past.

Hopefully will get more clarity soon, because I'd like to have both the RE and the VST if at all possible.

The crossgrade used to work both ways for the original Legend & Obsession. I bought the legend as RE first and Obsession as VST first; i crossgraded both to their counterpart.

Anyway thx for this info, time to send Synapse an e-mail !

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

Sargie

19 Sep 2024

Emian: interesting!

Please let me know what you find out! I've been wanting to buy this for a while and have been waiting for the RE version!

CaptainBlack

19 Sep 2024

It's great how you can run a Moroder-ish sequence, press record in Reason and start fiddling with the knobs (there are more on the back) and Reason records every knob separately. Much more flexible than the VST.

moneykube

19 Sep 2024

CaptainBlack wrote:
19 Sep 2024
I have Legend... I received no email for this sale or the last sale on reason 13....
I have been a user since reason 2.5 and rebirth. I am on their subscription list.
I just resubscribed after contacting them about this.
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

• Information