How does BVX compare to BV512?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
RobC

23 May 2024

I see the BVX is on sale, and I kind of was curious about it anyway.

I mostly wonder about if BVX sounds any better (more accurate) in modern mode, aka. the 512 FFT? Or is it about the same as BV512? (I remember, BV512 used to work correctly only at 44.1 kHz sample rate, while higher ones got all wonky. Is that "fixed" with BVX?)

I'd use it for vocals, mainly. If I need it that is.

joeyluck

23 May 2024

You should really watch this 2 hour livestream :D

You can jump around and view the key moments. There's plenty more with BV-X over BV512 including the multi modes, auto play (no need for MIDI), built-in synth, so many modulation possibilities, spectral spread, effects, and all the patches that make use of the features.

RobC

24 May 2024

joeyluck wrote:
23 May 2024
You should really watch this 2 hour livestream :D

You can jump around and view the key moments. There's plenty more with BV-X over BV512 including the multi modes, auto play (no need for MIDI), built-in synth, so many modulation possibilities, spectral spread, effects, and all the patches that make use of the features.
Thanks, I did when it came out, actually, hence I looked for it. : )

It certainly has convenient and clever features, especially how it can handle 's' sounds.
That said, if the linear phase mode is pretty much the same, then I'll grab it later, even if at full price.
(Sadly, the studio renovation eats up more money than I thought! D : )

• Information