If Reason Studios went bankruput...

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
Popey
Competition Winner
Posts: 2081
Joined: 04 Jul 2018

Post 01 Feb 2024

Overtherainbow wrote: ↑
01 Feb 2024
Popey wrote: ↑
01 Feb 2024
Mm currently we authorise for a year
You can use version 12.5.3.d5 - it still authorizes "forever". That's a little loophole I found. Sucks for apple users because the loophole was patched in the following update along with making the M chips "native" to Reason. But for Windows users - v12.5.3.d5 is the bunker version. Previous and consecutive versions only authorize for a year.
I personally don't think i will need it but good to know, thank you

User avatar
DaveyG
Posts: 2527
Joined: 03 May 2020

Post 01 Feb 2024

If they went bankrupt and just vanished, would we still spend our time arguing on this forum?
I mean, we could argue about what happened to them, what they did wrong and what they should have done (and how we told them so...)
Then we could argue about what the next version of Reason would have been like and what the future could have brought.

User avatar
antic604
Posts: 1134
Joined: 02 Apr 2020

Post 01 Feb 2024

DaveyG wrote: ↑
01 Feb 2024
If they went bankrupt and just vanished, would we still spend our time arguing on this forum?
I mean, we could argue about what happened to them, what they did wrong and what they should have done (and how we told them so...)
Then we could argue about what the next version of Reason would have been like and what the future could have brought.
Image
Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

User avatar
BRIGGS
Posts: 2136
Joined: 25 Sep 2015
Location: the reason rack

Post 01 Feb 2024

"If Reason Studios went bankruput..."

I wiil cry.

Image
r11s

Bes
Competition Winner
Posts: 1128
Joined: 22 Feb 2017

Post 01 Feb 2024

ok ok so if they release financial statetments with the next roadmap maybe we can argue about how to prevent the crying
- Certified Reason expert

User avatar
guitfnky
Posts: 4411
Joined: 19 Jan 2015

Post 01 Feb 2024

DaveyG wrote: ↑
01 Feb 2024
If they went bankrupt and just vanished, would we still spend our time arguing on this forum?
I like to think so. πŸ˜†
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

User avatar
BRIGGS
Posts: 2136
Joined: 25 Sep 2015
Location: the reason rack

Post 02 Feb 2024

Bes wrote: ↑
01 Feb 2024
ok ok so if they release financial statetments with the next roadmap maybe we can argue about how to prevent the crying
lol :lol:
r11s

User avatar
bxbrkrz
Posts: 3824
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 02 Feb 2024



Reason is fine.
757365206C6F67696320746F207365656B20616E73776572732075736520726561736F6E20746F2066696E6420776973646F6D20676574206F7574206F6620796F757220636F6D666F7274207A6F6E65206F7220796F757220696E737069726174696F6E2077696C6C206372797374616C6C697A6520666F7265766572

User avatar
fullforce
Posts: 849
Joined: 18 Aug 2018

Post 10 Feb 2024

I hope Broadcom doesn't buy them.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

User avatar
bxbrkrz
Posts: 3824
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 10 Feb 2024

fullforce wrote: ↑
10 Feb 2024
I hope Broadcom doesn't buy them.
Image

:puf_smile:
757365206C6F67696320746F207365656B20616E73776572732075736520726561736F6E20746F2066696E6420776973646F6D20676574206F7574206F6620796F757220636F6D666F7274207A6F6E65206F7220796F757220696E737069726174696F6E2077696C6C206372797374616C6C697A6520666F7265766572

User avatar
fullforce
Posts: 849
Joined: 18 Aug 2018

Post 10 Feb 2024

bxbrkrz wrote: ↑
10 Feb 2024
fullforce wrote: ↑
10 Feb 2024
I hope Broadcom doesn't buy them.
Image

:puf_smile:
Yeah. Broadcom. The company that destroys companies. What are you, an idiot?
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

User avatar
bxbrkrz
Posts: 3824
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 10 Feb 2024

fullforce wrote: ↑
10 Feb 2024
bxbrkrz wrote: ↑
10 Feb 2024


Image

:puf_smile:
Yeah. Broadcom. The company that destroys companies. What are you, an idiot?
Quick death or slow death?

Image
757365206C6F67696320746F207365656B20616E73776572732075736520726561736F6E20746F2066696E6420776973646F6D20676574206F7574206F6620796F757220636F6D666F7274207A6F6E65206F7220796F757220696E737069726174696F6E2077696C6C206372797374616C6C697A6520666F7265766572

User avatar
dakta
Posts: 171
Joined: 30 Aug 2021

Post 10 Feb 2024

If reason announced they were going bankrupt, I would expect a communal outcry followed by a boycott for deviating from the roadmap

User avatar
dvdrtldg
Posts: 2396
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 11 Feb 2024

If RS went bankrupt, the most terrible thing about it would be that all the bedwetters who've been doomcasting The End of Reason for the past 20 years would finally be proven right. I don't think I could take that


User avatar
bxbrkrz
Posts: 3824
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 11 Feb 2024

Wow!
What a plot twist!
Damn you bankruput!

Image
757365206C6F67696320746F207365656B20616E73776572732075736520726561736F6E20746F2066696E6420776973646F6D20676574206F7574206F6620796F757220636F6D666F7274207A6F6E65206F7220796F757220696E737069726174696F6E2077696C6C206372797374616C6C697A6520666F7265766572

User avatar
BRIGGS
Posts: 2136
Joined: 25 Sep 2015
Location: the reason rack

Post 12 Feb 2024

bxbrkrz wrote: ↑
11 Feb 2024
Wow!
What a plot twist!
Damn you bankruput!

Image
wtf??? lol :lol:
r11s

User avatar
DaveyG
Posts: 2527
Joined: 03 May 2020

Post 12 Feb 2024

I suppose they could go morally bankrupt...

User avatar
bxbrkrz
Posts: 3824
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 12 Feb 2024

BRIGGS wrote: ↑
12 Feb 2024
bxbrkrz wrote: ↑
11 Feb 2024
Wow!
What a plot twist!
Damn you bankruput!

Image
wtf??? lol :lol:
A "bankroopoot" sounds like a fascinating and imaginary creature. Let's conjure up an image of what it might look like. Given the unique name, I imagine a bankroopoot as a whimsical animal, perhaps with the body structure reminiscent of a kangaroo, indicating agility and the ability to leap great distances. The prefix "bank" might suggest some kind of richness or perhaps an affinity for collecting objects, so it could have large, pouch-like pockets, not unlike a kangaroo's pouch, but used for storing treasures it finds on its travels.

Its fur could be an array of vibrant colors, making it a visually striking creature. The "poot" part of the name gives it a playful, perhaps even magical quality, so maybe it has the ability to perform small feats of magic, like changing the color of its fur or creating small illusions to entertain itself or ward off predators.

For its habitat, the bankroopoot might prefer environments rich in resources, such as dense, lush forests or near riverbanks where it can find shiny stones and other objects to hoard in its pouches. Its diet could be omnivorous, allowing it to thrive in various ecosystems by adapting its diet based on availability, from fruits and nuts to small creatures and fish.

Socially, bankroopoots could be solitary creatures with a strong sense of territory, only coming together during certain seasons for communal gatherings where they display their collected treasures, compete in leaping contests, and engage in complex, melodious calls to communicate and socialize.

Let's bring this imaginative creature to life with an illustration.

:puf_wink:
757365206C6F67696320746F207365656B20616E73776572732075736520726561736F6E20746F2066696E6420776973646F6D20676574206F7574206F6620796F757220636F6D666F7274207A6F6E65206F7220796F757220696E737069726174696F6E2077696C6C206372797374616C6C697A6520666F7265766572

User avatar
fullforce
Posts: 849
Joined: 18 Aug 2018

Post 12 Feb 2024

Well it's certainly not a kakaboot!
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 11032
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 12 Feb 2024

Maybe the typo was actually a bigger typo than we think. Perhaps the question intended was...

1. "What if Reason Studios went BeatRepeat?" with a new beat repeater.

2. "What is Reason Studios went Bank Erupt?" with a sound bank update that is explosive with new content.

3. "What if Reason Studios went Bacharach?" with a new signature ReFill by Burt Bacharach.

4. "What if Reason Studios went bonkers, brah?" with an XR version of Reason.

User avatar
MirrorEyEs
Posts: 107
Joined: 16 Jan 2015
Location: UK

Post 12 Feb 2024

Well let's hope not. For all it's faults Reason is a solid DAW and you can get good results out of it.
Reason 12 - Horrible plastic M-Audio Oxygen 49 and a battered pair of Sony MDR V6 cans

Bes
Competition Winner
Posts: 1128
Joined: 22 Feb 2017

Post 12 Feb 2024

Image

i do want that refill though
- Certified Reason expert


User avatar
challism
Moderator
Posts: 4653
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Fanboy Shill, Boomertown

Post 12 Feb 2024

joeyluck wrote: ↑
11 Feb 2024
What is "bankruput"?
You can follow them on IG, if you are so inclined.

https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/bankruput/

MirrorEyEs wrote: ↑
12 Feb 2024
Well let's hope not. For all it's faults Reason is a solid DAW and you can get good results out of it.
I disagree. You can get AMAZING results!
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: TritoneAddiction and 6 guests