Reason Studios appears to be silent

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
User avatar
bxbrkrz
Posts: 3825
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 05 Feb 2024

rcbuse wrote:
05 Feb 2024
Yea! something cool like this!

I was happy for 10 seconds watching the video, then I remember...
1K views 4 years ago
757365206C6F67696320746F207365656B20616E73776572732075736520726561736F6E20746F2066696E6420776973646F6D20676574206F7574206F6620796F757220636F6D666F7274207A6F6E65206F7220796F757220696E737069726174696F6E2077696C6C206372797374616C6C697A6520666F7265766572

User avatar
challism
Moderator
Posts: 4653
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Fanboy Shill, Boomertown

Post 05 Feb 2024

gump.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

User avatar
moneykube
Posts: 3449
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 05 Feb 2024

challism wrote:
05 Feb 2024
gump.png
I will remain silent... be afraid... be very afraid :lol:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

User avatar
bxbrkrz
Posts: 3825
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 05 Feb 2024

RS is not quiet on IG by the way. RS team is working pretty hard over there. But if your only gateway is RT, then yeah I can understand how one would believe an infinite void of silence is looking back at them :puf_smile:
757365206C6F67696320746F207365656B20616E73776572732075736520726561736F6E20746F2066696E6420776973646F6D20676574206F7574206F6620796F757220636F6D666F7274207A6F6E65206F7220796F757220696E737069726174696F6E2077696C6C206372797374616C6C697A6520666F7265766572

User avatar
mimidancer
Posts: 666
Joined: 30 Sep 2021

Post 06 Feb 2024

After the insane shitstorm, they had to endure after Reason 12. I don't blame them.

User avatar
dioxide
Posts: 1787
Joined: 15 Jul 2015

Post 06 Feb 2024


avasopht
Competition Winner
Posts: 3943
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 06 Feb 2024

The courtesy of informing people their posts were deleted wouldn't go amiss ;)

Now, I'm sure it's because of the comment I responded to (and leaving my comment but removing the quote would have caused some confusion), ... but it's a common courtesy.

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 11032
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 06 Feb 2024

avasopht wrote:
06 Feb 2024
The courtesy of informing people their posts were deleted wouldn't go amiss ;)

Now, I'm sure it's because of the comment I responded to (and leaving my comment but removing the quote would have caused some confusion), ... but it's a common courtesy.
Yep breaking rules and completely off topic. Carry on.

avasopht
Competition Winner
Posts: 3943
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 06 Feb 2024

Tbh, I just want RS to be acquired by the right company.

It made a lot of good calls early on that are more commonplace today and have superseded what RS did.

For example, Bitwig has JavaScript plugins that can support new hardware. And we all saw what one dedicated PUF user was able to do with Remote scripts (and they didn't even have any prior background in programming).

All they ever needed was followthrough and commitment. Allihoopa had legs. A few tweaks to the licensing could have given us a competitor to Splice. The curated R+ sample packs seem a better approach, but after reading The Lean Startup and seeing how IMVU needed a few adaptations and pivots to gain adoption I can't help but think they "do a Google" far too often.

User avatar
mimidancer
Posts: 666
Joined: 30 Sep 2021

Post 06 Feb 2024

bxbrkrz wrote:
05 Feb 2024
rcbuse wrote:
05 Feb 2024
Yea! something cool like this!

I was happy for 10 seconds watching the video, then I remember...
1K views 4 years ago
the chops are all in the beard

User avatar
antic604
Posts: 1134
Joined: 02 Apr 2020

Post 06 Feb 2024

joeyluck wrote:
06 Feb 2024
avasopht wrote:
06 Feb 2024
The courtesy of informing people their posts were deleted wouldn't go amiss ;)

Now, I'm sure it's because of the comment I responded to (and leaving my comment but removing the quote would have caused some confusion), ... but it's a common courtesy.
Yep breaking rules and completely off topic. Carry on.
Which rule did my comment break?

I understand posts about cup holders are fine, though?
Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

User avatar
bxbrkrz
Posts: 3825
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 06 Feb 2024

mimidancer wrote:
06 Feb 2024
bxbrkrz wrote:
05 Feb 2024

I was happy for 10 seconds watching the video, then I remember...
1K views 4 years ago
the chops are all in the beard
I have seen his beard doing a synth solo by controlling a VST with a mouse. It was amazing.
757365206C6F67696320746F207365656B20616E73776572732075736520726561736F6E20746F2066696E6420776973646F6D20676574206F7574206F6620796F757220636F6D666F7274207A6F6E65206F7220796F757220696E737069726174696F6E2077696C6C206372797374616C6C697A6520666F7265766572

Kypresso
Posts: 16
Joined: 23 Aug 2020

Post 09 Feb 2024

bxbrkrz wrote:
05 Feb 2024
RS is not quiet on IG by the way.
Where or what is IG?

User avatar
Loque
Moderator
Posts: 11186
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 09 Feb 2024

Kypresso wrote:
09 Feb 2024
bxbrkrz wrote:
05 Feb 2024
RS is not quiet on IG by the way.
Where or what is IG?
InstaGrab...no, wait...InGodsname...no....moment...InstaGrave...yea, that must it be...
Reason12, Win10

User avatar
jam-s
Posts: 3043
Joined: 17 Apr 2015
Location: Aachen, Germany

Post 09 Feb 2024

Kypresso wrote:
09 Feb 2024
Where or what is IG?
Just some irrelevant former hipster service acquired by the evil facebook/meta empire some years ago. Don't bother to look it up it's already waaaaay past its prime.

User avatar
Loque
Moderator
Posts: 11186
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 09 Feb 2024

jam-s wrote:
09 Feb 2024
Kypresso wrote:
09 Feb 2024
Where or what is IG?
Just some irrelevant former hipster service acquired by the evil facebook/meta empire some years ago. Don't bother to look it up it's already waaaaay past its prime.
True...just X it out :thumbup:
Reason12, Win10

User avatar
bxbrkrz
Posts: 3825
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 09 Feb 2024

Kypresso wrote:
09 Feb 2024
bxbrkrz wrote:
05 Feb 2024
RS is not quiet on IG by the way.
Where or what is IG?
Instagram :puf_smile:

This question is for the thread: Where should RS be doing there promo if *no one* here is using IG? TikTok?

I don't use IG myself, I joined to keep in touch and support ONE friend. It felt such a waste of an app I followed RS and Ableton too, getting their short and fun notifications. That's it. If not for that insignificant anecdote I never would have known RS was not appearing to be silent.
I may have to check TikTok and find out if RS is using the platform. That would be smart if they do.
757365206C6F67696320746F207365656B20616E73776572732075736520726561736F6E20746F2066696E6420776973646F6D20676574206F7574206F6620796F757220636F6D666F7274207A6F6E65206F7220796F757220696E737069726174696F6E2077696C6C206372797374616C6C697A6520666F7265766572

User avatar
DaveyG
Posts: 2527
Joined: 03 May 2020

Post 09 Feb 2024

You folks do realize that forums are mostly frequented by old codgers who don't really use social media right?
I mean, just look around. All the Reason kidz are somewhere else. That's why RS ignore most of what is said on here. They are chasing the young 'uns and waiting for us to die off. :shock:

User avatar
Loque
Moderator
Posts: 11186
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 09 Feb 2024

DaveyG wrote:
09 Feb 2024
You folks do realize that forums are mostly frequented by old codgers who don't really use social media right?
I mean, just look around. All the Reason kidz are somewhere else. That's why RS ignore most of what is said on here. They are chasing the young 'uns and waiting for us to die off. :shock:
Well, maybe thats true. You wont find young ppl on forums, not on X, not on frightbook, not on instagrave, not on youpoop...maybe on tiktik... does that mean Reason gets video support in the next release? And even a Selfie-Mode-With-AI-Music-Generator-Player?

Can i haz a fancy mode where artificial cat ears wobble on my head, banging to the AI beat?
ezgif.com-optimize(2).gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Reason12, Win10

Bes
Competition Winner
Posts: 1128
Joined: 22 Feb 2017

Post 09 Feb 2024

i just don't think the current style of advertising hype fits the product or the industry
- Certified Reason expert

User avatar
Loque
Moderator
Posts: 11186
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 09 Feb 2024

Bes wrote:
09 Feb 2024
i just don't think the current style of advertising hype fits the product or the industry
What hype?
Reason12, Win10

Bes
Competition Winner
Posts: 1128
Joined: 22 Feb 2017

Post 09 Feb 2024

they started putting exclamation points on the youtube thumbnails
- Certified Reason expert

User avatar
DaveyG
Posts: 2527
Joined: 03 May 2020

Post 09 Feb 2024

Bes wrote:
09 Feb 2024
they started putting exclamation points on the youtube thumbnails
Oh, that's just too much.

avasopht
Competition Winner
Posts: 3943
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 09 Feb 2024

Bes wrote:
09 Feb 2024
they started putting exclamation points on the youtube thumbnails
All we need now is someone gasping while holding an intriguing object

User avatar
luckygreen
Posts: 107
Joined: 24 Jul 2023
Location: Germany

Post 10 Feb 2024

DaveyG wrote:
09 Feb 2024
You folks do realize that forums are mostly frequented by old codgers who don't really use social media right?
I mean, just look around. All the Reason kidz are somewhere else. That's why RS ignore most of what is said on here. They are chasing the young 'uns and waiting for us to die off. :shock:
At least this forum seems good enough to be asked for beta testing.
Reason 12 perpetual | Ableton Live 11 Suite
Lectric Panda Kompulsion, Nostromo, mDSQ, Shape | PinkNoise Maia Bundle | Reason Studios Objekt | Rob Papen Go2 | UJAM some RE | Synapse Audio AF-4, RE-160, Obsession | Andrew Russell Double Dry/Wet | Murf Valley Plateau

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests