Guess The Synth Challenge

Great fun, great prizes! Good luck!
Mataya
Posts: 544
Joined: 03 May 2019

Post 15 Sep 2023

It's not Noise engineering(to make it easier), nor it's Nostromo.

Thanks.
M

User avatar
CommonSynths
Competition Winner
Posts: 5
Joined: 07 May 2023
Location: United States

Post 15 Sep 2023

HexaTone


User avatar
TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner
Posts: 4245
Joined: 29 Aug 2015
Location: Sweden

Post 16 Sep 2023

Mataya wrote:
16 Sep 2023
Nopy
Could you offer some clues perhaps? As we have noticed earlier in the thread this game is pretty damn hard. :puf_smile:

Mataya
Posts: 544
Joined: 03 May 2019

Post 16 Sep 2023

Sure, but it seems any clue I think off is so revealing. It's free. It has 4 osc ... :) and we're done.

User avatar
jam-s
Posts: 3092
Joined: 17 Apr 2015
Location: Aachen, Germany

Post 16 Sep 2023

Mataya wrote:
16 Sep 2023
Sure, but it seems any clue I think off is so revealing. It's free. It has 4 osc ... :) and we're done.
Those clues in combination with the sound would fit Little LFO

Mataya
Posts: 544
Joined: 03 May 2019

Post 16 Sep 2023

Of course it's Little LFO. My Favorite. :) Congrats!

Now you try one, if you like.

M

User avatar
jam-s
Posts: 3092
Joined: 17 Apr 2015
Location: Aachen, Germany

Post 17 Sep 2023

Sorry, it took a little longer, but here is the next challenge:
Synthchallenge_1.mp3
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.


User avatar
jam-s
Posts: 3092
Joined: 17 Apr 2015
Location: Aachen, Germany

Post 18 Sep 2023

No, it's not Vibro. To make it a tiny bit easier here's the same sound without any external FX:
Synthchallenge_1_no_ext_FX.mp3
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
jam-s
Posts: 3092
Joined: 17 Apr 2015
Location: Aachen, Germany

Post 20 Sep 2023

Hmm, no takers? Here's a hint: This instrument is sample based.

Mataya
Posts: 544
Joined: 03 May 2019

Post 20 Sep 2023

Proton particle accelerator?

WOO
Posts: 362
Joined: 07 Aug 2019

Post 20 Sep 2023

Is this a preset sound of the synth in question? How about another hint.

User avatar
jam-s
Posts: 3092
Joined: 17 Apr 2015
Location: Aachen, Germany

Post 20 Sep 2023

It's also not Proton.

The sound is based on a preset, but I modified it quite a bit so it does not sound like that instrument usually does. Going by the amp envelope of the sound might help in finding out what kind of source sample material was used.


User avatar
jam-s
Posts: 3092
Joined: 17 Apr 2015
Location: Aachen, Germany

Post 21 Sep 2023

it's not grain either, but you're right about it being an instrument from Reason Studios. I think creating the sound basically by only using the built-in FX made it really hard to find out which instrument was used. Sorry for that.

Here's another hint which should make it pretty obvious: Robotic Bean and EKSS are credited for their work on it.


User avatar
crimsonwarlock
Posts: 2467
Joined: 06 Nov 2021
Location: ##########

Post 22 Sep 2023

Mataya wrote:
22 Sep 2023
Algorithm then?
Algorithm isn't sample based.
-------
Reached the breaking-point. CrimsonWarlock has left the forum.

Mataya
Posts: 544
Joined: 03 May 2019

Post 22 Sep 2023

True true. I don't know then. I don't own any other synth from RS that is sample based. Except samplers, but those are not synth in a traditional sense.
I guess it's Scenic then.

tx
M

User avatar
jam-s
Posts: 3092
Joined: 17 Apr 2015
Location: Aachen, Germany

Post 22 Sep 2023

Mataya wrote:
22 Sep 2023
True true. I don't know then. I don't own any other synth from RS that is sample based. Except samplers, but those are not synth in a traditional sense.
I guess it's Scenic then.
It is not a synth in the traditional sense and the rules of the topic allow any instrument (thus I always wrote instrument). I think it falls into the rompler category, as it cannot load samples and can only use the built in ones.

ChulaCoola
Posts: 154
Joined: 25 May 2023
Location: Des Moines, Iowa

Post 22 Sep 2023

jam-s wrote:
21 Sep 2023
it's not grain either, but you're right about it being an instrument from Reason Studios. I think creating the sound basically by only using the built-in FX made it really hard to find out which instrument was used. Sorry for that.

Here's another hint which should make it pretty obvious: Robotic Bean and EKSS are credited for their work on it.
I don't know if it is by Robotic Bean/EKSS, don't know what a rompler is but I It sounds a lot like what Mimic can do which is a Reason sampler

I deleted my answer because i realized my answer loads samples. My bad!
Music lover/explorer extraordinaire, guitar player fair, and still have my hair at 60.

ChulaCoola
Posts: 154
Joined: 25 May 2023
Location: Des Moines, Iowa

Post 22 Sep 2023

Image
jam-s wrote:
22 Sep 2023
Mataya wrote:
22 Sep 2023
True true. I don't know then. I don't own any other synth from RS that is sample based. Except samplers, but those are not synth in a traditional sense.
I guess it's Scenic then.
It is not a synth in the traditional sense and the rules of the topic allow any instrument (thus I always wrote instrument). I think it falls into the rompler category, as it cannot load samples and can only use the built in ones.
Then I quoted:
"jam-s wrote: ↑Yesterday
it's not grain either, but you're right about it being an instrument from Reason Studios. I think creating the sound basically by only using the built-in FX made it really hard to find out which instrument was used. Sorry for that.

Here's another hint which should make it pretty obvious: Robotic Bean and EKSS are credited for their work on it.
I don't know if it is by Robotic Bean/EKSS, don't know what a rompler is but I It sounds a lot like what Mimic can do which is a Reason sampler

Then I said:
"I deleted my answer because i realized my answer loads samples. My bad!"
Music lover/explorer extraordinaire, guitar player fair, and still have my hair at 60."

Then Vinnie Barbarino said:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Music lover/explorer extraordinaire, guitar player fair, and still have my hair at 60.

ChulaCoola
Posts: 154
Joined: 25 May 2023
Location: Des Moines, Iowa

Post 22 Sep 2023

So after review of the previous play,...

Is it Mimic?
Music lover/explorer extraordinaire, guitar player fair, and still have my hair at 60.

User avatar
jam-s
Posts: 3092
Joined: 17 Apr 2015
Location: Aachen, Germany

Post 22 Sep 2023

Ok, last hint before I'll have to give the right answer (by attaching the patch):

No, it's neither Algorithm, Grain, Mimic nor Scenic, but it can be found hiding on this page here. Also don't forget to look at the back of the rack.

Mataya
Posts: 544
Joined: 03 May 2019

Post 23 Sep 2023

Ok, so it's processed pianos.

Nice. I don't own that.

Thanks
M

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests