2BS - Dual Band Bass Saturator [Stock Devices]

This forum is for sharing patches created with the updated Combinator, as well as backdrops and any backdrop assets.
Forum rules
This forum is for sharing patches created with the updated Combinator, as well as backdrops and any backdrop assets. If you would like to share a patch here as an attachment, you must zip it first. Otherwise you can host your patches elsewhere and share the links here.
Quarmat
Competition Winner

27 Mar 2023

Hello.
This combi is for splitting the bass into two bands and applying saturation separately on thel lower and upper band. I use it because 80% of my basses are bass guitars (real or plugin) and I need to saturate the upper band in order to give it more presence and to make it perceptible on small speakers and mobile phones. I use Scream 4's Tape distortion setting but with little wiring you can replace Scream 4 with any device you like, although the "Body" and "Body Reso" knob and button won't make sense anymore.

The default settings are what I use all the time almost without touching the knobs.

I am sure all the above can be achieved in better ways and maybe with even less stock devices, but it's what i use very often and I get decent results. Pretty lightweight on the cpu also.

Here's the dowload link. I hope you may find it useful, have a nice day!

crimsonwarlock

27 Mar 2023

Nice one. Downloaded :thumbup:

I'm working on a track with emulated bass guitar. Do you use this before or after the amp?
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

Quarmat
Competition Winner

27 Mar 2023

crimsonwarlock wrote:
27 Mar 2023
I'm working on a track with emulated bass guitar. Do you use this before or after the amp?
It depends a lot on the track and the context. Generally I put it before the amp, sometimes after, sometimes I don't put the amp at all! Thank you for downloading :thumbup:

crimsonwarlock

27 Mar 2023

Quarmat wrote:
27 Mar 2023
crimsonwarlock wrote:
27 Mar 2023
It depends a lot on the track and the context. Generally I put it before the amp, sometimes after, sometimes I don't put the amp at all! Thank you for downloading :thumbup:
Thanks for the combi and your reply. I'm going to try it out tonight. The track is an eighties inspired mix of symphonic/progrock/new wave :puf_wink:
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

Quarmat
Competition Winner

27 Mar 2023

crimsonwarlock wrote:
27 Mar 2023
I'm going to try it out tonight. The track is an eighties inspired mix of symphonic/progrock/new wave :puf_wink:
Cool! Let me hear the results on your track if you like and if you found the combi helpful

challism

12 Apr 2023

Thanks for sharing!
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Mikasa23

05 Jan 2024

I downloaded this combi for splitting and saturating the bass, and it has exceeded my expectations. The default settings are spot-on,pokedoku providing a quick and effective solution for enhancing the presence of bass guitars.

moneykube

06 Jan 2024

cool... thank you :thumbs_up:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

NMHindman

06 Jan 2024

Thanks Quarmant. Straight-forward and well-designed.

Quarmat
Competition Winner

19 Jan 2024

Mikasa23 wrote:
05 Jan 2024
I downloaded this combi for splitting and saturating the bass, and it has exceeded my expectations. The default settings are spot-on,pokedoku providing a quick and effective solution for enhancing the presence of bass guitars.
Happy to hear that!
moneykube wrote:
06 Jan 2024
cool... thank you :thumbs_up:
My pleasure!
NMHindman wrote:
06 Jan 2024
Thanks Quarmant. Straight-forward and well-designed.
Thank you!

• Information