(Electronic / Ambient / Jazz) No Turning Back (feat. Johnny Russell)

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
summon.exe

23 Dec 2022

I've recently started collaborating with other people more frequently. This track features Seattle multi-instrumentalist Johnny Russell. It will be on my next album, which will be my 20th (excluding some older albums which are no longer available).

Chizmata

28 Dec 2022

summon.exe wrote:
23 Dec 2022

I've recently started collaborating with other people more frequently. This track features Seattle multi-instrumentalist Johnny Russell. It will be on my next album, which will be my 20th (excluding some older albums which are no longer available).
very interesting composition that progresses through rather different elements but is kept together by the vocoder voice and later the drum kit. there are many overlapping frequencies so i suppose it was quite hard to mix, but you managed it well to a degree. i just feel like it gets a bit muddy when the kickdrum is present. layering a high tone like a slap or closed HH on top of it might solve the problem by adding definition and shifting the focus.

summon.exe

28 Dec 2022

Chizmata wrote:
28 Dec 2022
summon.exe wrote:
23 Dec 2022

very interesting composition that progresses through rather different elements but is kept together by the vocoder voice and later the drum kit. there are many overlapping frequencies so i suppose it was quite hard to mix, but you managed it well to a degree. i just feel like it gets a bit muddy when the kickdrum is present. layering a high tone like a slap or closed HH on top of it might solve the problem by adding definition and shifting the focus.
Thanks very much for listening and for the advice - I'll consider adding a higher frequency layer to the BD.

Update: I added a bit of noise to the BD and it sounds a lot crisper now. :thumbup:

Chizmata

28 Dec 2022

summon.exe wrote:
28 Dec 2022
Chizmata wrote:
28 Dec 2022

Thanks very much for listening and for the advice - I'll consider adding a higher frequency layer to the BD.

Update: I added a bit of noise to the BD and it sounds a lot crisper now. :thumbup:
great :thumbup:

summon.exe

30 Dec 2022

For this song, I used CoagulaLight to produce audio samples from images generated by Midjourney. If you play back the song in a media player that has a spectrogram, like Foobar2000, you can see the embedded art.

I also used https://magenta.tensorflow.org/ddsp-vst and a "speech synth" that I made myself by loading all the phonemes of English, spoken by me, into an NN-XT and triggering them randomly.

Popey
Competition Winner

08 Jan 2023

some cool tracks here. really like when the drums programming in no turning back. good work.

summon.exe

11 Jan 2023

Popey wrote:
08 Jan 2023
some cool tracks here. really like when the drums programming in no turning back. good work.
Thanks

Here's a new one:

summon.exe

25 Jan 2023

I used Mimic Creative Sampler on this one pretty heavily. I loaded some other songs I was working on and played them back as stabs, automating the start point.

summon.exe

27 Jan 2023

Mimic Creative Sampler chopping up https://beta.elevenlabs.io/ reading the beginning of chapter 5 in David Copperfield by Charles Dickens

summon.exe

04 Apr 2023

New album with some of the above tracks available for pre-order:

summon.exe

20 Apr 2023

Album's out now.

Here are two codes to get the album for free at https://summonexe.bandcamp.com/yum

dwct-j8k8
ukud-3dzm

bossa
Competition Winner

22 Apr 2023

I like the cover. I would guess this has an AI calculated? It reminds me a bit of Stargate.

moalla

22 Apr 2023

Prodigal Sun nice tune and trap tetris vibeish sound, but so bright sounding crazy,
big thanks for the redeem code, the sax song sounds really promising,
good music making Summon :thumbup:
https://soundcloud.com/user-594407128
Reason12.5, Yamaha EG112, Ibanez PF10, RhythmWolf, Miniak, Ipad+SparkLE
SE2200t :arrow: VAS micpre MOTO:better repair-mod well made stuff than buy the next crap

summon.exe

24 Apr 2023

bossa wrote:
22 Apr 2023
I like the cover. I would guess this has an AI calculated? It reminds me a bit of Stargate.
Yeah, I used both Midjourney and Dall-E for the cover. The strange, unrealistic limbs added to the sci-fi feeling of it... ghosts leading people through a portal from one desert to another desert.
moalla wrote:
22 Apr 2023
Prodigal Sun nice tune and trap tetris vibeish sound, but so bright sounding crazy,
big thanks for the redeem code, the sax song sounds really promising,
good music making Summon :thumbup:
Thank you! Glad you like it.

summon.exe

21 Jun 2023

new track made with grimesai in 2 days and 14 hours

https://droplink.io/summon.exe/what's-real

• Information