Reason File Locations: a handy reference

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
paiyaan8

22 Dec 2022

Does anyone know the location of the Song Samples folder in R10 Mac?

paiyaan8

30 Jan 2023

i wish that Reason Studios would sort out being able to install / locate REs on external (or other non system) drives. Such a basic requirement these days. Ive been asking for it for 2 years now, but no progress. mobdro 2022

fuego

09 May 2023

EnochLight wrote:
24 Oct 2019
Remote
  • macOS: /Library/Application Support/Propellerhead Software/Remote
Is there any documentation around what folder structure should be inside the "Remote" folder in that directory of mac? This is for multiple brands, self programmed remote files.

EnochLight

09 May 2023

fuego wrote:
09 May 2023
EnochLight wrote:
24 Oct 2019
Remote
  • macOS: /Library/Application Support/Propellerhead Software/Remote
Is there any documentation around what folder structure should be inside the "Remote" folder in that directory of mac? This is for multiple brands, self programmed remote files.
Sorry - no clue.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

demt

14 May 2023

VST folders that Reason scans at launch , every launch
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

fuego

17 May 2023

EnochLight wrote:
09 May 2023
fuego wrote:
09 May 2023

Sorry - no clue.
Trial & Error =
/Library/Application Support/Propellerhead Software/Remote/ OR ~/Library/Application Support/Propellerhead Software/Remote/

You need two folders in there one called "Codecs" one called "Maps" inside Codecs you need to create a folder called "Midi Codecs" and "Lua Codecs"

/Library/Application Support/Propellerhead Software/Remote/Codecs/Midi Codecs/
/Library/Application Support/Propellerhead Software/Remote/Codecs/Lua Codecs/
/Library/Application Support/Propellerhead Software/Remote/Maps/MAKEOFDEVICE/

all best.

ChulaCoola

20 Jan 2024

I have a new computer I installed Reason 12 onto. I want to use mklink to move my instruments and anything else off to an external harddrive. I did this with my previous computer, but only partially. I was able to move my instruments offboard. Can I now do a mklink to the same drive/folders from my new computer? Or do I have to delete the moved folders and reinstall the instruments?
If I can do the mklink, do I have to cut the folders from my new computer to the offboard drive and will it break the link to the old computer? I know poohbear has a tutorial on using mklink, I have already watched that.
Music lover/explorer extraordinaire, guitar player fair, and still have my hair at 60.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

21 Jan 2024

ChulaCoola wrote:
20 Jan 2024
I have a new computer I installed Reason 12 onto. I want to use mklink to move my instruments and anything else off to an external harddrive. I did this with my previous computer, but only partially. I was able to move my instruments offboard. Can I now do a mklink to the same drive/folders from my new computer? Or do I have to delete the moved folders and reinstall the instruments?
If I can do the mklink, do I have to cut the folders from my new computer to the offboard drive and will it break the link to the old computer? I know poohbear has a tutorial on using mklink, I have already watched that.
If I read this correctly you now have a new PC and you have moved your external drive over to that new PC.
To use the directories already on the external drive you will have to delete (or move) the folder on your new PC to be able to make the link from your new PC to the external drive. (you will have to reauthorise your licenses).
If you move the external drive back to your old PC before turning it on, I think the links will still work as they are held on the host and not the remote.
You might be able to get away with mapping the same drive letter from your old PC to your new PC's external drive and then the links may just work, it depends on the switches you used to set them up with in the first place.

ChulaCoola

21 Jan 2024

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
21 Jan 2024
ChulaCoola wrote:
20 Jan 2024
If I read this correctly you now have a new PC and you have moved your external drive over to that new PC.
To use the directories already on the external drive you will have to delete (or move) the folder on your new PC to be able to make the link from your new PC to the external drive. (you will have to reauthorise your licenses).
If you move the external drive back to your old PC before turning it on, I think the links will still work as they are held on the host and not the remote.
You might be able to get away with mapping the same drive letter from your old PC to your new PC's external drive and then the links may just work, it depends on the switches you used to set them up with in the first place.

Yes, you read that right. Thanks poohbear.
Music lover/explorer extraordinaire, guitar player fair, and still have my hair at 60.

Steedus
Competition Winner

02 Apr 2024

EDIT --- found it! Sorry, delete this if you want (I can't apparently) :redface:

• Information