Kushview Element - free open source VST3 to VST2 bridge for Reason

Discuss VST stuff here!
Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

07 Dec 2022

dvdrtldg wrote:
07 Dec 2022
So if I've got this right, I can use Element to get Scaler 2 playing other instruments in Reason? Can someone explain how to set this up? I've been futzing around with it, but can't get it to work
I have used Scaler 2 and I have had multiple midi channels working from it..

it will be along the lines of..

For Multi channels it will be along this line.

dvdrtldg

07 Dec 2022

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
07 Dec 2022
dvdrtldg wrote:
07 Dec 2022
So if I've got this right, I can use Element to get Scaler 2 playing other instruments in Reason? Can someone explain how to set this up? I've been futzing around with it, but can't get it to work

Thanks for this - I've nearly got it working, but for some reason my instrument outside Element can't see the MIDI loopback.

Like at 4.05 in your first video, you right click on Kraft and the dropdown menu shows the loopback as an option - I'm not getting this option (I'm on a Mac, using IAC Driver which I've enabled and restarted Reason)

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

07 Dec 2022

dvdrtldg wrote:
07 Dec 2022
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
07 Dec 2022

Thanks for this - I've nearly got it working, but for some reason my instrument outside Element can't see the MIDI loopback.

Like at 4.05 in your first video, you right click on Kraft and the dropdown menu shows the loopback as an option - I'm not getting this option (I'm on a Mac, using IAC Driver which I've enabled and restarted Reason)
In the 2nd video about 3:24, you need to setup a surface controller for the midi port.

EnochLight

07 Dec 2022

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
07 Dec 2022
I would say mainly on the Midi side of things, also yes for VST3 as well however that point will be mute for a lot of people soon, I will still need\use it as I just stated for the midi side of things.
Billy+ wrote:
07 Dec 2022
Even when vst3 gets implemented in Reason we are still going to have to rely on using 3rd party wrappers for certain vst's even vst3 devices as again midi support will be missing.
;)

My question was really just to attempt to generate a dialog with QVadis since it was their very first post to the forum. Looks like they bailed, though. :lol:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

drno
RE Developer

08 Dec 2022

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
07 Dec 2022
drno wrote:
07 Dec 2022
I have get an error in Reason, if I open a midi port and assign a channel with Elements, and try to open the same midi port with Reason's Midi Out device on another channel it throws a midi port busy error. Does anyone have the same thing?
Works for me, I think this is what you are doing? (I'm running 1.46.6)
8s2YNneacr.jpg
I see, but I get the error:
bussyMidiPort.png
bussyMidiPort.png (591.57 KiB) Viewed 1184 times

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

09 Dec 2022

drno wrote:
08 Dec 2022
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
07 Dec 2022

Works for me, I think this is what you are doing? (I'm running 1.46.6)
8s2YNneacr.jpg
I see, but I get the error:
bussyMidiPort.png
Arh, you are getting an error as you are trying to lock the same midi out port to 2 different devices, Windows likes to lock the ports.
But in Kushview you should able to merge ports.

drno
RE Developer

09 Dec 2022

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
09 Dec 2022
Arh, you are getting an error as you are trying to lock the same midi out port to 2 different devices, Windows likes to lock the ports.
But in Kushview you should able to merge ports.
Right, I merge different channels into the same port only on Element, but not if I mix the Reason Midi Out with Element over the same port.

ProfessaKaos

10 Dec 2022

This such a great plugin/standalone app.

Outside of using this inside a DAW I've been using it on my PC's whole audio output so I can use Slate Audio VSX on my whole PC's audio output. This enables me to watch videos, listen to music, any computer audio through VSX without starting up a DAW to use VSX.

I also use it to create a processing chain for the whole computers audio output for when watch movies so I can load up some plugins to control the movies dynamics for when there are quieter parts making them more audible and less of a level difference when there are louder sections.

Really is a great plugin.
Reason 12 & 11.3 Suite PC- Windows 10, AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus ROG CROSSHAIR Dark Hero VIII, 64GB G.Skill 3600C16 RAM, 980 Pro Samsung M.2, RTX3060.

https://soundcloud.com/juo-jual
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwNLcE ... DjhSI16TqQ

challism

27 Dec 2022

Riffer won't work unless Element's "play" button is pressed. But it's annoying to have it playing all the time. Is there a way to sync Element's transport to Reason's? Thanks in advance for any help.

EDIT: Never mind, I just figured it out. The "EXT" button on the upper left side links the transport to the DAW. dAwesome!

OK, another question: You know how you can reset a device in Reason's rack (right click, reset device). Is there any way to reset a device that's inside of Element?
Attachments
element.jpg
element.jpg (112.62 KiB) Viewed 954 times
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

27 Dec 2022

challism wrote:
27 Dec 2022
Riffer won't work unless Element's "play" button is pressed. But it's annoying to have it playing all the time. Is there a way to sync Element's transport to Reason's? Thanks in advance for any help.

EDIT: Never mind, I just figured it out. The "EXT" button on the upper left side links the transport to the DAW. dAwesome!

OK, another question: You know how you can reset a device in Reason's rack (right click, reset device). Is there any way to reset a device that's inside of Element?
I think the closest you are going to get to that option is to right click, select replace and select the same device.

challism

27 Dec 2022

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
27 Dec 2022
challism wrote:
27 Dec 2022

I think the closest you are going to get to that option is to right click, select replace and select the same device.
Kind of what I was thinking. Not a big deal, just requires rewiring. Thanks for answering.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

• Information