Copy Pattern To Track - Drum Machines

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
EugeniusMaximus

05 Oct 2022

Good Morning,

* Reason and RE drums-related products to have the "Copy To Track Pattern" functions.

DNA's Morphine 8 Drum Module has a built-in sequencer but doesn't have a "Copy To Track Pattern" function. The Redrum & Dr.OctoRex have that function, but Reason's RYTMIK Drum Machine doesn't. It would be nice to have some consistency.

Thank you,

Eugenius Maximus
Reason 10

deeplink
Competition Winner

05 Oct 2022

DNA Morphine is a RE, unlike Dr OctoRex and ReDrum.

I don't think REs have access to that function in the SDK
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

Pepin

05 Oct 2022

Are you talking about automating pattern changes or copying the notes within a pattern to a MIDI clip?
- Redrum supports both, because it has a sequencer and multiple patterns
- Rytmik supports neither, because it has no sequencer or notion of patterns

The RE you mention doesn't support multiple patterns, so pattern automation wouldn't do anything.
For sending notes to a MIDI clip, that's only supported by Players.

huggermugger

05 Oct 2022

I got excited about Morphine until I realized that its sequencer is completely self contained. No, there's no way in the device to get those patterns out (although I suppose you could use a dozen or so audio>cv converters). The only CV/Gate access you have is two inputs, allowing you to play Morphine from another device. Afaik, you can't even load your own samples.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2022-10-05 at 1.08.24 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-10-05 at 1.08.24 PM.png (868.31 KiB) Viewed 1172 times

EugeniusMaximus

09 Oct 2022

Thanks deeplink, Pepin & huggermugger for your valuable input. Reason Studios should think about implementing that function onto RE's which have sequencers; not doing so is limiting the creative process.

EugeniusMaximus

09 Oct 2022

Pepin wrote:
05 Oct 2022
Are you talking about automating pattern changes or copying the notes within a pattern to a MIDI clip?
- Redrum supports both, because it has a sequencer and multiple patterns
- Rytmik supports neither, because it has no sequencer or notion of patterns

The RE you mention doesn't support multiple patterns, so pattern automation wouldn't do anything.
For sending notes to a MIDI clip, that's only supported by Players.
It's too bad; it would be nice to have Reason Studios implement that function to RE's with sequencers: it would open up a ton of
creative possibilities.

EugeniusMaximus

09 Oct 2022

huggermugger wrote:
05 Oct 2022
I got excited about Morphine until I realized that its sequencer is completely self-contained. No, there's no way in the device to get those patterns out (although I suppose you could use a dozen or so audio>cv converters). The only CV/Gate access you have is two inputs, allowing you to play Morphine from another device. Afaik, you can't even load your own samples.
Same here; I love some of the sequences & sounds that Morphine has, but it was disappointing not being able to extract the sequences onto midi. It really limits the creative possibilities.

• Information