Reason latency problem

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
nebraskafire

10 Aug 2022

I have a new notebook (amd Ryzen 5800h, 16gb ram) and reason behaves strange sometimes. I record my guitar with a buffersize of 32 without any plugins. In an blank project with one audio track. I play guitar and suddenly there is a audio dropout and the latency feels like 1 second. I have to close reason, start it again or change the buffersize to get the normal latency back. It's very strange because I also use Cubase and it never happened in Cubase. My interface is a tascam 208i. Does someone have similar problems?

Aquila

10 Aug 2022

potentially patronising answer, but have you made sure you are using the ASIO driver in the audio settings?

If you've accidentally selected the default windows audio devices (MME, DX, etc) you may experience latency like this.

jam-s

10 Aug 2022

Make sure your power settings are set to high performance when doing audio work as dynamic CPU clocking can massively alter the latency and lead to drop outs.

celtking

10 Aug 2022

try Latency Monitor to find out where the latency is.
https://www.resplendence.com/latencymon

nebraskafire

11 Aug 2022

Its really strange. I check everything. Asio driver. High performance setting. It happens just in reason. In Cubase everything runs smoothly.

nebraskafire

19 Sep 2022

I solved the problem. Apparently I had to update my GeForce driver to the latest version and now reason runs like it should. Strange.

• Information