Reason 12 AU Mac plugin nốt working

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
User avatar
Re8et
Posts: 1290
Joined: 14 Nov 2016

Post 03 Aug 2022

TRIED TO REINSTALL.
CANT GET IT to work
Immagine 03-08-22 alle 13.07.jpg
Others AU works. CA 2600 i.e. (AU M1 native)
Immagine 03-08-22 alle 13.14.jpg
I had a previous thread on the same matter
here:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7528403&p=610004&h ... or#p610004

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Re8et on 03 Aug 2022, edited 2 times in total.

Heater
Posts: 691
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 03 Aug 2022

I use R12 with Logic which works. Don’t have GarageBand.

User avatar
Pepin
Posts: 323
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 03 Aug 2022

When you say you reinstalled, do you mean R12 or the RE mentioned in the error message?

User avatar
Re8et
Posts: 1290
Joined: 14 Nov 2016

Post 03 Aug 2022

Heater wrote:
03 Aug 2022
I use R12 with Logic which works. Don’t have GarageBand.
The two are basically identical.
I tried Logic and the same happen.
I assume you are on M1 Mac right?
Last edited by Re8et on 03 Aug 2022, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Re8et
Posts: 1290
Joined: 14 Nov 2016

Post 03 Aug 2022

Pepin wrote:
03 Aug 2022
When you say you reinstalled, do you mean R12 or the RE mentioned in the error message?
I reinstalled Reason 12 completely... BUT.. after reinstall, all RE were already in place, without the need to re sync them...
So Perhaps I have to delete the data.component folder?
I don't know hot to uninstall everything on my M1, I used an app called app deleter...

User avatar
Pepin
Posts: 323
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 03 Aug 2022

Re8et wrote:
03 Aug 2022
I reinstalled Reason 12 completely... BUT.. after reinstall, all RE were already in place, without the need to re sync them...
So Perhaps I have to delete the data.component folder?
I don't know hot to uninstall everything on my M1, I used an app called app deleter...
In that case, it's possible whatever tool you used to uninstall R12 broke the REs without deleting them entirely.
I'd recommend deleting your REs through Authorizer and then re-syncing them.

User avatar
Re8et
Posts: 1290
Joined: 14 Nov 2016

Post 03 Aug 2022

Also, I havn't got around these run in non M1 native mode for Logic or Garage BAnd. I don't see such options.

stillifegaijin
Posts: 151
Contact: Contact stillifegaijin
19 Jun 2022

Re8et wrote: ↑19 Jun 2022

Just to say, how does Rosetta 2 bridge works its still voodoo to me...
I don't fully understand either. But from what I've heard Logic can be opened in Native M1 mode or Intel mode. In Native Mode any non-M1 plugins need to pass through a Rosetta layer inside Logic while if Logic is in Intel mode the entire program, including plugins runs though Rosetta. I've never compared the two modes, maybe you should research that and see if it alters how the Reason plugin behaves. Honestly, I had a trial of Logic that I recently uninstalled. It was cool and Reason RPP definitely opened and ran inside of it. But I use Reason as my exclusive DAW. I was experimenting with Logic but didn't really like it.

User avatar
Re8et
Posts: 1290
Joined: 14 Nov 2016

Post 03 Aug 2022

Pepin wrote:
03 Aug 2022
Re8et wrote:
03 Aug 2022
I reinstalled Reason 12 completely... BUT.. after reinstall, all RE were already in place, without the need to re sync them...
So Perhaps I have to delete the data.component folder?
I don't know hot to uninstall everything on my M1, I used an app called app deleter...
In that case, it's possible whatever tool you used to uninstall R12 broke the REs without deleting them entirely.
I'd recommend deleting your REs through Authorizer and then re-syncing them.
The problem was here from the beginning. It's bc of the problem that I uninstalled and reinstalled RSN 12...
I had not to run Auth after re-install, so clearly, they weren't even touched by the un install procedure...
I would call this a bug...

User avatar
Pepin
Posts: 323
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 03 Aug 2022

Re8et wrote:
03 Aug 2022
The problem was here from the beginning. It's bc of the problem that I uninstalled and reinstalled RSN 12...
I had not to run Auth after re-install, so clearly, they weren't even touched by the un install procedure...
I would call this a bug...
Your old thread showed a different error (not RE related). So something has changed, no?
IMO it makes sense to first solve your current RE error and then see if the problem from your first thread ("Hardware exception") persists.

Does R12 standalone even run currently? Or does it give the same RE error?

Edit:
I just noticed you're using GarageBand, not Logic.
If I try loading the rack plugin in GarageBand (on an Intel mac), it fails to load user locations and login credentials. Only Logic Pro works for me.

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 9902
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 03 Aug 2022

Yeah RRP in GarageBand is not fully supported. You can use it with the built-in devices, but not your separate REs.

User avatar
Re8et
Posts: 1290
Joined: 14 Nov 2016

Post 03 Aug 2022

Same stuff happens to me too


Last edited by Re8et on 03 Aug 2022, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Re8et
Posts: 1290
Joined: 14 Nov 2016

Post 03 Aug 2022

joeyluck wrote:
03 Aug 2022
Yeah RRP in GarageBand is not fully supported. You can use it with the built-in devices, but not your separate REs.
it doesn't even load... and, Logic PRO does the same exact thing...

User avatar
Pepin
Posts: 323
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 03 Aug 2022

Re8et wrote:
03 Aug 2022
Same stuff happens to me too


This video is showing Reason 11 but the thread title says Reason 12.
Are you on macOS Monterey?
Only Reason 12.2.4 and later are supported:
https://help.reasonstudios.com/hc/en-us ... -statement

But either way, I think that video is a different issue than yours. Because it's only showing errors for the built-in content REs (Klang, Pangea, Humana, Radical Piano).
The poster of that video describes how he fixed in the comments (just reinstalling that content).

User avatar
Re8et
Posts: 1290
Joined: 14 Nov 2016

Post 03 Aug 2022

Pepin wrote:
03 Aug 2022
Re8et wrote:
03 Aug 2022
Same stuff happens to me too


This video is showing Reason 11 but the thread title says Reason 12.
Are you on macOS Monterey?
Only Reason 12.2.4 and later are supported:
https://help.reasonstudios.com/hc/en-us ... -statement

But either way, I think that video is a different issue than yours. Because it's only showing errors for the built-in content REs (Klang, Pangea, Humana, Radical Piano).
The poster of that video describes how he fixed in the comments (just reinstalling that content).

I'm on Rsn 12. and Monterey latest patch. The Errors shown are the same. An infinite loop of broken Re's... hardware exceptions...
and then sometimes it launch just to quickly quit....
The guy in the video said it solved the issue by deleting its RE's. Here is the transcription.

Yes, I finally got it to work thanks. To no help from reason at all, Still to this date they never contact me to fix the problem. So this is the last Daw I will ever buy from them. To fix the problem. you have to click on the window tab at top of the browser. scroll down to manage content then Reinstall all the content from there. It was an issue when big sur came out and I just installed Mac Os Monterey and seems to be fine but didn't load one instrument At boot up. But seems to be ok. on the 2020 mac mini m1 with the chip. Thanks again for tuning in.

I however, thought it would work with RSn uninstall.
I have no idea how the delete from Authorizer works.
Do I have to uninstall the Authorizer, or delete all RE's one by one? Delete one folder?
Multiple folders? Location of folders? Never had to try correct RSN installation before,
so I don't know exactly how this could work...

User avatar
Re8et
Posts: 1290
Joined: 14 Nov 2016

Post 03 Aug 2022

OK, I deleted ALL re's from Authorizer manually, one by one (hundreds of clicks)
And it LOADED!!!

I haver now another problem: The window size is not resizeable.
When I opened the settings, I was unable to close. I had to quit GarageBand.
Rezooming to 80% and the Window as a Plugin fits just barely on my 960p monitor.
On a 720p Monitor it wouldn't fit at all...

But... it's ok as of now... I just have to figure out how to re-download every RE's without breaking
compatibility and have to restart the process again...
I am re-downloading the whole RE library... sigh...

Garage band and RSN 12 (stock) can confirm it's working, with sound!

4.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Pepin
Posts: 323
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 03 Aug 2022

Re8et wrote:
03 Aug 2022
Garage band and RSN 12 (stock) can confirm it's working, with sound!
Just to be clear, the rack plugin itself will load, but I'm pretty sure REs won't work in GarageBand.
There are also some other issues (saved settings and user locations don't appear to load).
It all works in Logic Pro though.

User avatar
Re8et
Posts: 1290
Joined: 14 Nov 2016

Post 03 Aug 2022

Pepin wrote:
03 Aug 2022
Re8et wrote:
03 Aug 2022
Garage band and RSN 12 (stock) can confirm it's working, with sound!
Just to be clear, the rack plugin itself will load, but I'm pretty sure REs won't work in GarageBand.
There are also some other issues (saved settings and user locations don't appear to load).
It all works in Logic Pro though.
It stopped working again, as I redownloaded RE's...
I don't understand why RE's don't work.
I tried Logic Pro, and it didn't work for me.
Same Monterey, same M1 mac mini 8gb.
I don't like Logic, I use GB bc it's free.

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 9902
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 04 Aug 2022

GarageBand is not supported and REs will not work in the RRP in GarageBand. If you try to update your license via GarageBand (which it will prompt you to do every time), and perhaps it's failing when doing so, that could be what is corrupting the RE license each time you do that. If you use GarageBand, choose to continue without REs.

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: Chi-Individual and 3 guests