May Madness sales 2022

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Synthopathe

18 May 2022

Just want to thank Lectric Panda for the generous reductions. Picked up Fritz and Torsion (from the rewards shop). I've wanted these two for a long time, so a big 👍

1Andrew1

19 May 2022

Love the store, the amount of FX and combo possibilities have always surprised me.
Funny because back in the day, I'd never be able to even assume that I'd be going off the good old classic valve and plugging my Gibson Explorer into a PC.
But I guess things have gone a long way in the digital world and investing into conventional gear is not only unnecessary but also extremely expensive.
Plus, it's always easier to just go online and have the FX ready to play within a few minutes.
As for the sales — I think the store deserves a lot of shoppers all year round, not just in May. Maybe they should just do some more sales funnel marketing.
Last edited by 1Andrew1 on 24 May 2022, edited 5 times in total.

Billy+

19 May 2022

rcbuse wrote:
18 May 2022
I didn't join the sale but I did just lower all my permanent prices to match the lowest sale price my devices have ever been sold at. Some of them even lower!

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/brow ... +Panda+LLC
That's awesome - and those prices are amazing value :thumbup:
I already have PSQ and Evolution I might just have to add the other two players to my kit...

boosto23

19 May 2022

Was able to get a few items I’ve been waiting to get:
Chenille BBD Chorus
Photon Particle Splitter

Setting up a combinator for guitar playing:
Compression: Cakewalk La2a or Synapse’s 160x
Blamsoft’s Pultec: For EQ and a tiny bit of saturation
JP’s Chenille
Photon

Now I have some really fun LA Studio/Landau/“schmoo” sounds that I can just loose time with playing. Mind you, I’m a millennial that grew up hating the 90’s studio guitar sound, but now I love it. It’s incredible how technology nowadays lets regular household consumers (as opposed to big studios or musicians) get the same “big studio” sound, with even more tweakability, convenience, and cost-effectiveness.

dvdrtldg

20 May 2022

Just noticed The Animus at $15

Anybody loving this one? I trialled it ages ago but didn't get a chance to really put it through its paces. I've got Valhalla Shimmer which I use quite a lot, I guess this looks a lot more tweakable

*EDIT - OK just watched some videos and checked the original thread on the forum. I'm grabbing this thing!

Will leave the post here, in case anyone needs to know that the mighty ANIMUS SHIMMERVERB IS $15.00

Steedus
Competition Winner

20 May 2022

dvdrtldg wrote:
20 May 2022

Anybody loving this one? I trialled it ages ago but didn't get a chance to really put it through its paces. I've got Valhalla Shimmer which I use quite a lot, I guess this looks a lot more tweakable

*EDIT - OK just watched some videos and checked the original thread on the forum. I'm grabbing this thing!

Will leave the post here, in case anyone needs to know that the mighty ANIMUS SHIMMERVERB IS $15.00
Yeah everyone loves it ... except me :twisted:

strangers
Competition Winner

20 May 2022

Steedus wrote:
20 May 2022
dvdrtldg wrote:
20 May 2022

Yeah everyone loves it ... except me :twisted:
Add me to that one man boat. I wanted to like it and thoroughly demoed it. It didn't scratch the itch so I passed on buying it.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

20 May 2022

Bought it when it came out. I like it but I usually just load it and use the initial patch. Never tweaked it or done much else with it.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

dvdrtldg

20 May 2022

Seems like if anyone's into drones and atmospheres and the more "ambient soundscape"' side of things, it's a very useful tool. Probably not the go-to reverb for club bangers

Jagwah

20 May 2022

I use Animus more as a subtle effect and it is excellent at what it does!

phuzzed

21 May 2022

I find these sales put me in a difficult-to-resolve situation, somewhat, and send me exploring competitors options:

I don't like software subscriptions on principal, and so am inclined to own everything - especially given the infrequent patten of hobby usage I can manage these days. Yet the relatively high cost of buying plugins etc vs Reason + sends me down a path of looking at the bigger picture, and wondering if I shouldn't be saving my coins towards owning something more complete from the (purchase) outset like Komplete Ulitimate Collectors Edition. If I'm to do that - then I definitely don't want to be putting any more money into the Reason ecosystem. Not that I don't like Reason - its great! - I've been there a very long time. But I'm itching somewhat to explore the big world out there... NI seem to have successfully convinced me that Komplete Ultimate CE is indeed a most comprehensive package, and I'll want for nothing more.

FruityLoops is updates free for life. I don't have Fruity Loops (yet), and not necessarily so excited about that product, but in this race to the bottom - I keep this in mind, because I like that customer-agreement. Of course it is not so with Native Instruments, but I tend to think my lust for more might at least be satisfied for 5+ years after making the possible jump.

The market is indeed a race to the bottom. All products are converging towards comprehensive awesome perfection of more capability than we could ever explore. Realising this (as perhaps Fruity Loops has) might guide software makers in their decisions to capture customer loyalty and market share.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

21 May 2022

JPS Harmonic Synth. Awesome. Come on now...are you buying or are you crying?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

hamsterfactor

21 May 2022

purchased, thanks! :thumbs_up:
dvdrtldg wrote:
20 May 2022
:reason: Suite 11  |  :reason: 12 perpetual license  |  :re::refill: |  macOS Ventura  |  Mac Studio M1 Max

arnigretar

21 May 2022

MrFigg wrote:
21 May 2022
I just tried today. First time... what a synth! Amazed. Always learning something new... never tried it, but did so after reading this comment. Thanks for the heads up.
https://futuregrapher.bandcamp.com/

Reason 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite, Roland Cloud, Arturia V9, Korg Legacy 3, Soundtoys 5, Waves Mercury, Sonic Charge Bundle, N.I.: Massive, Reaktor 6, FM8. + a lot of Hardware. Windows 7/10.

crimsonwarlock

22 May 2022

MrFigg wrote:
21 May 2022
OK, because of this comment, I trialed it. Took me about 5 minutes to realize it is not for me. I don't care much for the sound, but it also seems to be the most DSP hungry RE synth I've seen so far. Some presets hit almost full bars with only one note played. I admit this is not the most powerful computer, but even ReSpire doesn't get that high on this machine.
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

challism

22 May 2022

crimsonwarlock wrote:
22 May 2022

OK, because of this comment, I trialed it. Took me about 5 minutes to realize it is not for me. I don't care much for the sound, but it also seems to be the most DSP hungry RE synth I've seen so far. Some presets hit almost full bars with only one note played. I admit this is not the most powerful computer, but even ReSpire doesn't get that high on this machine.
I see myself doing lots bouncing in any future projects using JPS.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

MrFigg
Competition Winner

22 May 2022

challism wrote:
22 May 2022
crimsonwarlock wrote:
22 May 2022

Can’t say I noticed a huge CPU hit and my PC isn’t exactly high spec.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

challism

22 May 2022

MrFigg wrote:
22 May 2022
challism wrote:
22 May 2022

I took the time to make this Combi2 patch for JPS effects. So I pretty much have to buy it. JPS sounds great and as we know with great sound there often comes a price in DSP.
JPS.JPG
JPS.JPG (87.35 KiB) Viewed 1861 times

MrFigg
Competition Winner

22 May 2022

challism wrote:
22 May 2022
MrFigg wrote:
22 May 2022

I took the time to make this Combi2 patch for JPS effects. So I pretty much have to buy it. JPS sounds great and as we know with great sound there often comes a price in DSP.
JPS.JPG
Don’t often download patches but I downloaded that one. Thanks :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

dvdrtldg

23 May 2022

challism wrote:
22 May 2022
JPS.JPG
Got a link for this one?

arnigretar

23 May 2022

Are there only 14 items in the reward store? Or am I missing something :)

Reason 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite, Roland Cloud, Arturia V9, Korg Legacy 3, Soundtoys 5, Waves Mercury, Sonic Charge Bundle, N.I.: Massive, Reaktor 6, FM8. + a lot of Hardware. Windows 7/10.

arnigretar

23 May 2022

dvdrtldg wrote:
23 May 2022
challism wrote:
22 May 2022
JPS.JPG
Got a link for this one?
Oh yes please, need that links as well. Since I'm now a proud owner of that great synth.

Steedus
Competition Winner

23 May 2022

arnigretar wrote:
23 May 2022
Are there only 14 items in the reward store? Or am I missing something :)
When REs go on sale they get removed from the rewards store (automatically). Once the sales finish they should go back in.

challism

23 May 2022

dvdrtldg wrote:
23 May 2022
challism wrote:
22 May 2022
JPS.JPG
Got a link for this one?
viewtopic.php?f=69&t=7528042

dvdrtldg

24 May 2022

Thanks mate

• Information