Setting up Kong to always play samples at 100% velocity

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
Paralytik

07 May 2022

So, I recently got an Akai MPD and I've been fiddling around a bit trying to set up Kong to play samples at 100% velocity, regardless of how hard you hit the pads. So far, I have been unsuccessful. I looked up the Kong section in the manual, but didn't find any info there.

What I want is to load up Kong with piano chops from live piano recordings I've done, then play and record the hits live with full velocity every time, like on an MPC.

In my head, this shouldn't be hard to set up, but so far I haven't gotten the result I want. So I guess I'm doing something wrong, hehe.

Anyone care to share their thoughts on this?

MrFigg
Competition Winner

07 May 2022

Paralytik wrote:
07 May 2022
So, I recently got an Akai MPD and I've been fiddling around a bit trying to set up Kong to play samples at 100% velocity, regardless of how hard you hit the pads. So far, I have been unsuccessful. I looked up the Kong section in the manual, but didn't find any info there.

What I want is to load up Kong with piano chops from live piano recordings I've done, then play and record the hits live with full velocity every time, like on an MPC.

In my head, this shouldn't be hard to set up, but so far I haven't gotten the result I want. So I guess I'm doing something wrong, hehe.

Isn’t there a setting for fixed velocity in the internal menu of the Akai? If not there’s REs you can use to give you full velocity.
Like this one:
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... -modifier/
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

DaveyG

07 May 2022

MrFigg wrote:
07 May 2022
Paralytik wrote:
07 May 2022

Isn’t there a setting for fixed velocity in the internal menu of the Akai? If not there’s REs you can use to give you full velocity.
Like this one:
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... -modifier/
It's not an internal menu setting. It's a button on the front panel of the MPD called "Full Level". When that button is lit, you always get max velocity. Simples and elegants, but not elephants. :thumbup:

Paralytik

07 May 2022

DaveyG wrote:
07 May 2022
It's not an internal menu setting. It's a button on the front panel of the MPD called "Full Level". When that button is lit, you always get max velocity. Simples and elegants, but not elephants. :thumbup:
Jeez... I'm dumb lol. Tried it now and it works, thanks. :D

• Information