What did you just buy yourself?

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
Rising Night Wave

22 Apr 2022

Hi ya all!

Here is a thought that we could have a theme where we all would write what we just bought to ourselves.

I find this theme as an opprtunity to see what people like and somehow as a guidance and inspiration.

So, if you all do not mind, please, I would go first.
But of course, we must stick to music related stuff. REs, VSTs, HW, SW, ReFills, WAV samples, PC/Mac, furniture, cables, instruments, ...

1st: Four days ago I bought my self a one month subscription to Reason+ for 1.00€ hehe. After that I will extend it each month for 19.99€ for some short time since at the moment I can not afford a one year subscrition. So I am back on line!

2nd: Yesterday I bought my self four synth REs from DNA Labs Software since they are all at INSANE discount!
- Glacius X Hybrid Wave Synthesizer,
- Helium,
- Hydronexius Workstation ROM and
- Aquios X4 Workstation ROM.

Here are the pictures:
Image Image
Image Image

3rd: Also yesterday I bought two female vocal WAV packs:
- Code Sounds - Sarah de Warren Chill Vocals @ ADSR Sounds and
- Function Loops - Hypnotic Female Vocals @ Producer Loops.

Here are the previews:

These two vocal packs are just amazing! OMG what a nice vocals do these ladies have. Mmmmm...

Well, this is all for now from me. When more, here I will write.

And please do not hesistate to write what did you just buy yourself. :thumbup:
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

dvdrtldg

03 May 2022

16 inch MacBook Pro with the M1 Pro chip and 1TB SSD. To be delivered this week. Oh boy oh boy oh boy

Rising Night Wave

03 May 2022

hehe. cool. i would also like to have Apple's devices but... i am poor. god damn it.
i would like to have apple's mac book since it is not like PCs are and Window OS is. - to be compatible with everything. such a mess.
apple has a build and that's it. dedicated OS and dedicated HW. no complications at all. fast ,reliable and so.
PCs with Windows are living mess.

thumbs up for you dvdrtldg!
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400

MrFigg
Competition Winner

03 May 2022

Digitech Whammy. MXR Phase 95.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

rorystorm

03 May 2022

Zoom h2n. Its really good.

selig
RE Developer

03 May 2022

ASM Hydrasynth - doing my first live performance with it this weekend @ Mt Skies in Black Mountain NC (if anyone is local come say hi!).
Selig Audio, LLC

rorystorm

03 May 2022

rorystorm wrote:
03 May 2022
Also, a bottle of whiskey.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

03 May 2022

rorystorm wrote:
03 May 2022
rorystorm wrote:
03 May 2022
What sort?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

guitfnky

03 May 2022

MrFigg wrote:
03 May 2022
the Whammy is the best. I freaking love that thing. I have a line of pedals going into my audio interface and that’s one I’m always reaching (stomping) for.
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

MrFigg
Competition Winner

03 May 2022

guitfnky wrote:
03 May 2022
MrFigg wrote:
03 May 2022
the Whammy is the best. I freaking love that thing. I have a line of pedals going into my audio interface and that’s one I’m always reaching (stomping) for.
The chorus you can get out of it is magic.
I got the DT version.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

selig
RE Developer

03 May 2022

MrFigg wrote:
03 May 2022
guitfnky wrote:
03 May 2022

I got the DT version.
Wow, I TOTALLY mis-read that…
I thought you were talking about the whisky at first, since it's a well known lubricant for song ideas…and every version of whisky is a potential DT version… ;)
Backstory: friends of mine used to call beer "chorus in a can". In context you would use the phrase in a songwriting session where you have a verse but are stuck on the chorus, so one would say something along the lines of "go to the store and get a six pack of Chorus in a Can, please".

And to add to that, by some strange coincidence I JUST purchased some whisky as a gift to my hosts in NC, where I'm performing this weekend, so I guess my mind is totally on the wrong track today!
Selig Audio, LLC

MrFigg
Competition Winner

03 May 2022

selig wrote:
03 May 2022
MrFigg wrote:
03 May 2022

I got the DT version.
I thought you were talking about the whisky at first, since it's a well known lubricant for song ideas…and every version of whisky is a potential DT version… ;)
Backstory: friends of mine used to call beer "chorus in a can". In context you would use the phrase in a songwriting session where you have a verse but are stuck on the chorus, so one would say something along the lines of "go to the store and get a six pack of Chorus in a Can, please".

And to add to that, by some strange coincidence I JUST purchased some whisky as a gift to my hosts in NC, where I'm performing this weekend, so I guess my mind is totally on the wrong track today!
What sort?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

selig
RE Developer

03 May 2022

MrFigg wrote:
03 May 2022
selig wrote:
03 May 2022

What sort?
An expensive one I heard they like (Woodford Reserve Double Oaked) and a local one from just down the road (Mine Hill). I'm more familiar with Jameson Irish Whiskey thanks to a month long project I did up in Canada in the dead of winter and shots in the hotel bar every evening (almost every evening, I can't do stuff like that for long!).
Selig Audio, LLC

MrFigg
Competition Winner

03 May 2022

selig wrote:
03 May 2022
MrFigg wrote:
03 May 2022

What sort?
An expensive one I heard they like (Woodford Reserve Double Oaked) and a local one from just down the road (Mine Hill). I'm more familiar with Jameson Irish Whiskey thanks to a month long project I did up in Canada in the dead of winter and shots in the hotel bar every evening (almost every evening, I can't do stuff like that for long!).
Aah!!! American Whiskey. Not a fan. Jamesons is the first whiskey I drank by myself. I’d moved up to a wee village on the east coast of Scotland. Grey, depressing, dreech, cold and unfriendly. Walked by a shop window every day and the bottle was shouting my name every time. Eventually I went in and got it and tanned it. Always felt that with the Irish stuff the first mouthful taste like the smell of cat pee but it gets better the more you drink.
I haven’t drunk a drop of alcohol for over 5 years now but if I was to choose a favourite whisky itd be close between Laphroaig (normal 10yr old. Tastes like Scotland in a glass) and Old Pulteney which is a little bit smoky and smooth as honey. :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

selig
RE Developer

03 May 2022

MrFigg wrote:
03 May 2022
selig wrote:
03 May 2022

Aah!!! American Whiskey. Not a fan. Jamesons is the first whiskey I drank by myself. I’d moved up to a wee village on the east coast of Scotland. Grey, depressing, dreech, cold and unfriendly. Walked by a shop window every day and the bottle was shouting my name every time. Eventually I went in and got it and tanned it. Always felt that with the Irish stuff the first mouthful taste like the smell of cat pee but it gets better the more you drink.
I haven’t drunk a drop of alcohol for over 5 years now but if I was to choose a favourite whisky itd be close between Laphroaig (normal 10yr old. Tastes like Scotland in a glass) and Old Pulteney which is a little bit smoky and smooth as honey. :).
I'm not a big drinker either these days, so if I'm going to do it I want it to be special! Still, I'd love to try the ones you mention, especially the last one sounds like something I may like on occasion.
I guess one could argue Scottish whisky is THE whisky…
Selig Audio, LLC

MrFigg
Competition Winner

03 May 2022

selig wrote:
03 May 2022
MrFigg wrote:
03 May 2022

I'm not a big drinker either these days, so if I'm going to do it I want it to be special! Still, I'd love to try the ones you mention, especially the last one sounds like something I may like on occasion.
I guess one could argue Scottish whisky is THE whisky…
The Japanese aren’t so bad at it either.
When I lived in Glasgow a lifetime ago there was an off-license chain called Oddbins. Every Sunday they had a whisky tasting where you could go down and get a free dram of all the malts before you made a choice of which bottle you wanted to buy. Me and my girlfriend at the time knew of a little shop right out of the way in a suburb about 20 minutes walk from where we stayed. The girl and guy who worked there were bored out of their skulls as they never got any customers so every Sunday we took a stroll and hung out with them all afternoon drinking the finest malts Scotland had to offer before rolling home via the Indian takeaway :). Happy days :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

plaamook

03 May 2022

A lottery ticket...
Thank god I can still
Afford to dream
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

Rising Night Wave

03 May 2022

hehe

rorystorm

03 May 2022

MrFigg wrote:
03 May 2022
rorystorm wrote:
03 May 2022

What sort?
Just Johnny Walker. Nothing special but it does the job. :-)

jam-s

03 May 2022

NI Kontrol S88 mk2. Now it's really time to get the small studio room finished...

miyaru

04 May 2022

On the 27th of april, I ordered a new HiFi amp for myself. Monday it arrived and man what a nice piece of equipment!

It is a NAD D 3045 hybrid DAC amp with a class D power amplifier. It is my first class D device, but man do I love it!!!!!

It is paired with my trusted Dali Suite 2.8 floorstanding speakers, and it sounds fast and dynamic compared to my old amp, also a NAD - the C 352.

There are two optical inputs, one coax, HDMI, two line, one phono and bi directional bluetooth. And as caking on the ice there is an USB input for connecting computers to it……

It is an mid powered amp with two times sixty watts at four ohm.

Check it out and be thrilled!

https://nadelectronics.com/product/d-3 ... amplifier/
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason12, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8 and Monitor Station V2, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Yamaha RM1x :thumbup:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

04 May 2022

miyaru wrote:
04 May 2022
On the 27th of april, I ordered a new HiFi amp for myself. Monday it arrived and man what a nice piece of equipment!

It is a NAD D 3045 hybrid DAC amp with a class D power amplifier. It is my first class D device, but man do I love it!!!!!

It is paired with my trusted Dali Suite 2.8 floorstanding speakers, and it sounds fast and dynamic compared to my old amp, also a NAD - the C 352.

There are two optical inputs, one coax, HDMI, two line, one phono and bi directional bluetooth. And as caking on the ice there is an USB input for connecting computers to it……

I've had my C 370 for years. Bought a Rega Planar 3 turntable and a Rega Phone Stage recently and was wanting to upgrade my NAD. Seems now that nearly all amps have a built in phone stage so it feels like I threw away a good amount of money which puts me off buying new amp.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

miyaru

04 May 2022

MrFigg wrote:
04 May 2022
miyaru wrote:
04 May 2022

I've had my C 370 for years. Bought a Rega Planar 3 turntable and a Rega Phone Stage recently and was wanting to upgrade my NAD. Seems now that nearly all amps have a built in phone stage so it feels like I threw away a good amount of money which puts me off buying new amp.
Yeah, that sucks….. but turntables are in fashion again, so true, you find phono stages on most new amps…… I have a Project Expierce in transparent acryl and used to use a simple project phono pre amp on my old C352.
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason12, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8 and Monitor Station V2, Lexicon MPX1,

MrFigg
Competition Winner

04 May 2022

miyaru wrote:
04 May 2022
MrFigg wrote:
04 May 2022

Yeah, that sucks….. but turntables are in fashion again, so true, you find phono stages on most new amps…… I have a Project Expierce in transparent acryl and used to use a simple project phono pre amp on my old C352.
Same. Had a NAD turntable with s projekt preamp. Really pissed off I bought that Rega phono stage without thinking things through. Guy in the shop assures me that the stand-alone preamps are better than the integrated ones. Not sure myself.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

miyaru

04 May 2022

Oh, they might be better, but it is another box and then some cables and powersupply….. i want my HiFi tidy these days, nomcable clutter. For both my internetradio and tv, I use opticfibre to save clutter.

Imfound myself listening not on loud volumes anymore, and my listening enviroment is nod ideal too. So I do not care about the phono stage LOL.
Greetings from Miyaru.

• Information