Quadelectra System 9 Pattern Sequencer Song Mode

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Mattvank

08 Apr 2022

Hello,

To bad that is not possible to automate the device itself for pattern change. Is there a device that offers a real Song mode?

okaino

09 Apr 2022

Man just use redrum....i wanted system 9 to be it too but redrum does everything.

4 banks of 8 patterns all automatable by even a click
With up to 64 steps....

The system 9 idea is great but its poorly executed even down to how the cv gate works. System 9 should do everything redrum does + more.....system 9 has functionality that redrum doesnt have but its base of use doesnt cover what redrum does

Mattvank

10 Apr 2022

Man, you should read carefully my question. ;)
I want to automat inside the rack so that the combinator plays a whole arrangement when i switch to Ableton and only use Reasonrack.

okaino

12 Apr 2022

I gave u the answer.

phithegoldenratio

19 Apr 2022

don*t know what you are talking bout.

you CAN automate pattern changes in System 9. You just have to be in the correct mode, which is SONG mode (see upper right button)

if you are in song mode you can change patterns with the up and down arrows of the pattern selector in the midddle.

having said that, I wish Quadelectra would be around and update the device.
I feel it has some awesome features,... really diggin the 3 layers of Velocity.
please QUadelectra, make a player device out of it and add variation feature, variable lenght per row etc...

phithegoldenratio

19 Apr 2022

okaino wrote:
12 Apr 2022
I gave u the answer.
that*s an answer which stinks :D

okaino

23 Apr 2022

phithegoldenratio wrote:
19 Apr 2022
okaino wrote:
12 Apr 2022
I gave u the answer.
that*s an answer which stinks :D
Not at all. Youd just have to accept that redrum is the best pattern sequencer in reason...i thought system 9 was it, but it has issues with the cv gate thats fixable to a degree, but not straight forward i dont think quadelectra is planning on fixing anything either.

So redrum is the way. You can program the patterns on redrum while playing live.... with 32 pattern options using up to 64 steps... what else are we talking about???

The 16 cv outs on system 9 is cute....the displays of players like drum seq and polystep are cute but they arent capable of what i just explained.

• Information