Audio Clip - Tempo automate sync issue

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
wereMole88

19 Dec 2021

Hello,

I'm trying to automate my projects BPM to match a drum track recording. I currently have 8 drumtracks and an mp3 backing track. The drummer played to the backing track so everything is synced.

I wanted to mess around within Reason a bit with this material - so I'm trying to automate the BPM manually so that for example a player can play with the recording. The problem arises when I try to stretch the audio. All the drum tracks stretch synchronised but the backing track goes out of sync.

Everything is stretch disabled - I don't understand why the backing track is stretched disproportionally over the grid. I manually cutted all the audio takes and backing track so the clips are exactly the same length.

Before stretch: recording and backing tracks start at the same bar. It's a little to the left of the play position marker.

After stretch: backing track now starts earlier than the recording tracks. Tracks start at the play position marker.

deeplink
Competition Winner

19 Dec 2021

Right click the backing track and select bounce to new recordings
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

wereMole88

19 Dec 2021

Thanks - I will try!

wereMole88

19 Dec 2021

Bad luck - same problem persists

deeplink
Competition Winner

19 Dec 2021

I think I saw your (or another user) post a similar question on Reddit sometime ago.

I'm genuinely interested in providing some useful feedback, would you mind sharing the project file as a link so I can take a look?
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

wereMole88

20 Dec 2021

Absolutely - I'll try to share it today. Thanks for the help.

https://www.reddit.com/r/reasoners/comm ... ing_audio/

This guy has the same issue - its not me however.

wereMole88

20 Dec 2021

https://ufile.io/hqmdfntx

Here is the project -

Jolla

20 Dec 2021

wereMole88 wrote:
20 Dec 2021
you need to make sure that the timestretch is enabled on all clips.

wereMole88

20 Dec 2021

They move synchronised then yes - but aren't they just going to speed up/slow down with the transport BPM when automating/fitting it to the tracks.

Maybe I understand it wrong but I have to disable stretch of the audio clips in order to fit reasons' BPM to (imperfect) audio tracks BPM.

wereMole88

20 Dec 2021

SOLVED! - I exported all the audio tracks to disc without tempo information. Then imported them all back in a new project. It all scales properly now.

Apparently what went wrong is that during the recorded I imported the backing track - disabled stretch and then set BPM from 120 -> 140 (to accomdate the drummer with a click). So the backup track was at a different BPM than the recordings.

But thanks for taking the time to help me out :thumbs_up:

• Information