Fairlight R2X *release*

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
bitley

27 Nov 2021

Hi friends,

I am so sorry to get reminded of the "PX7 bug" which makes some patches in here non working but please don't forget the + 600 Mb sample content (naturally that is above 1 Gb before packing) as well as all the additional refills :-)

I will sit down today and take a serious look on building an extra refill that calls on this content but if you have already started and want to share your work I would enjoy adding your sounds as signature patch additions.

As I have PX7 myself I have not realised what a glitch it is if a missing RE dialogue comes up so I will see what I can do here.

Thank you for your patience and if you want to add patches please email them to me and I will take a look.

Reason Studios: If you would add a PX7 player device without editing that would be so helpful.

All the best
P

moneykube

27 Nov 2021

bitley wrote:
27 Nov 2021
Hi friends,

I am so sorry to get reminded of the "PX7 bug" which makes some patches in here non working but please don't forget the + 600 Mb sample content (naturally that is above 1 Gb before packing) as well as all the additional refills :-)

I will sit down today and take a serious look on building an extra refill that calls on this content but if you have already started and want to share your work I would enjoy adding your sounds as signature patch additions.

As I have PX7 myself I have not realised what a glitch it is if a missing RE dialogue comes up so I will see what I can do here.

Thank you for your patience and if you want to add patches please email them to me and I will take a look.

Reason Studios: If you would add a PX7 player device without editing that would be so helpful.

All the best
P
I have PX7 and your refills.... Have not noticed a problem yet( but must admit I have not had time to check all the content)...
Is this a problem for those that don't have PX7? I am a bit confused by this post.
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

bitley

27 Nov 2021

Yeah exactly that's the thing.

The ultimate irony being:

1. "Hey bitley you must add RE patches"
2. Goes and adds RE patches and works my ass off.
3. "Hey bitley your RE patches don't work"
4. RE removed permanently for all.
5. But OK some of us were lucky to not miss out.
6. PX7 I miss u and you are the best RE I ever saw.
7. By removing PX7 Reason has actually gotten a permanent hole in the chassis as it goes right against the very foundational rules of what Reason always has been which is backwards compatible. A new FM synth was introduced but it wasn't free & automatically available to all of us who paid expensively for PX7. Bang Bang you shot me down bang bang.

NostraDAWmus

28 Nov 2021

Sort out all the patches using REs and pack ´em in different labeled, the the RE related, folders.
You might sell these optional packs separately and for a small fee to RE owners and charge a base price for Fairlight R2X pack not containing any RE patches.

P.

bitley

28 Nov 2021

Inventor by nature, not REdoer ;)

moneykube

28 Nov 2021

bitley wrote:
27 Nov 2021
Yeah exactly that's the thing.
6. PX7 I miss u and you are the best RE I ever saw.
7. By removing PX7 Reason has actually gotten a permanent hole in the chassis as it goes right against the very foundational rules of what Reason always has been which is backwards compatible. A new FM synth was introduced but it wasn't free & automatically available to all of us who paid expensively for PX7. Bang Bang you shot me down bang bang.
That removal left a bad taste in my mouth as well... it was sad beginnings of a number of racks being no longer supported. Backwards compatibility seems to be on the chopping block. It started with the removal of line 6 amps quite a ways back. This did not impress me much either. I also have Ujam racks no longer supported or upgraded in rack format. It is unacceptable that PX7 was totally removed for whatever reason ( something about licensing I think)>>> I understand your dilemma... It is quite outrageous to me that such decisions affect refill makers... I also have 1000's of line 6 patches now useless to me that I spent hours collecting and sorting them for productions. Wasted time I'll never get back... Again some sort of licensing issue affecting backwards compatibility once again ( well I think that was the first occurrence anyway) I love the PX7... I have not had time to experiment with it's replacement yet which at least I got a reduced price by using my reward points before they disappear. I wish they would add more racks in the rewards section... have points to use but there is nothing there I want that I don't already have. I'm not impressed with the newer approach reason studios seems to be implementing on a large number of issues talked to death here on the forum. I have not even been vaguely tempted by the reason 12 mess. I use reason 11suit, and reason 10 for Rewire... ( another thing removed that affects backward compatibility>>> yet again!!!!!)

bitley

29 Nov 2021

Yeah they should create a playback device that supports all abandoned REs and call it REstinpeace and give it the gui of a graveyard ;)

moneykube

30 Nov 2021

bitley wrote:
29 Nov 2021
Yeah they should create a playback device that supports all abandoned REs and call it REstinpeace and give it the gui of a graveyard ;)

great idea :lol: :exclamation:
Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 8.jpeg
Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 8.jpeg (169.68 KiB) Viewed 1329 times
My bad... this example :re: is not in HD "yet" :puf_wink:

rootwheel

02 Dec 2021

bitley wrote:
28 Nov 2021
It's a fair point but I likewise also think you'd be better off eventually separating all non-stock .repatch files out into a dedicated ReFill you bundle with WBF R2 (you could call it WAY BEYOND FACTORY RACK! - WBFR Bonus) and have your core ReFill product only contain patches that use factory rack devices so that everything contained therein always 100% works on every Reason user's setup.

The fact that PX7 has now disappeared for new customers reinforces this point further - you never know if a non-factory rack RE you've used for patches might disappear from the shop at some point and reduce the compatibility of your core product.

Up to you though Bitley; your product, your call :)

moneykube

02 Dec 2021

rootwheel wrote:
02 Dec 2021
bitley wrote:
28 Nov 2021
It's a fair point but I likewise also think you'd be better off eventually separating all non-stock .repatch files out into a dedicated ReFill you bundle with WBF R2 (you could call it WAY BEYOND FACTORY RACK! - WBFR Bonus) and have your core ReFill product only contain patches that use factory rack devices so that everything contained therein always 100% works on every Reason user's setup.

The fact that PX7 has now disappeared for new customers reinforces this point further - you never know if a non-factory rack RE you've used for patches might disappear from the shop at some point and reduce the compatibility of your core product.

Up to you though Bitley; your product, your call :)
I have to agree with rootwheel on this, if people are complaining to you about this... otherwise ...and to the point > I feel sorry for the many other companies that made commercial refills for the discontinued devices... instant reduction or completion of all sales on those products.(there are quite a few, a long list) Since I own most of them, I imagine many that have the devices in their account already own said refills. All sales are now coming from those that own the discontinued devices, that don't already own the refills ( a rather small cross section of people IMO) There are some devices in Bitley's Re patches that I don't own. It really never bothered me much because there are plenty of patches to choose from with devices I own. I have a few refills like that. I can indeed see how a discontinued Re would bother those that took the time to make and sell refills geared to those devices. I wouldn't be very happy about it anyway.

• Information