News from Noise Engineering: free REs, new/updated REs

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
WasteLand

18 Nov 2021

NoiseEng wrote:
18 Nov 2021
Specifics (apologies, I should have spelled this out in the initial post):
Basimilus is free to owners of Basimilus Iteritas.
Cursus Vereor is free to owners of Cursus Iteritas Vereor.
Desmodus is new so is not a freebie.

Does that clear it up?
so if you own bundle 1, you get Basimilus and Cursus Vereor, but Desmodus is a seperate product, there will be a new Bundle 1.

Desmodus will not be a freebie, even if you have bundle 1 (no prob!), so that is only one to buy, if you have the old bundle 1 & 2?
Win 10 Pro. R11 suite + R12. Nektar Panorama p1. Ryzen 9 5900X. Cubase Pro 11, Bitwig Studio 4.4, Reaper 6.68, Ableton Live 11 Suite. RME Hammerfall DSP Multiface.

https://soundcloud.com/sada-exposada

https://soundcloud.com/user-873737123

Emian

19 Nov 2021

Thx for the freebies !!

Fantastic GUI's as well !!! :thumbs_up:

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

doze

19 Nov 2021

NoiseEng wrote:
18 Nov 2021
  • If you already own some of the NE REs, you may notice that a couple of familiar names have an updated look and a slightly different sound. You should be getting the new versions as free upgrades shortly! They are named differently and will NOT replace the old versions in your rack. The core functionality will be the same, but in some corner cases, you'll find the products sound slightly different, and we think, better.

If you don't own these yet, they are on sale now, 50% off, through the end of November! Bundle page coming soon (sale also applies to that). Get them at the Noise Engineering page in the shop.
    https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/brow ... ngineering
Confused on this part, which is going to be free update for old users? The 3 new ones on sale at the moment? or ones that' haven't been updated in the shop yet.

Thanks

lowtom

19 Nov 2021

I love your work NE! Thank you.
:reason: :refill: :re:

rorystorm

19 Nov 2021

NoiseEng wrote:
18 Nov 2021

Does that clear it up?
so, sorry to be THAT GUY. But I own Basimilus Iteritas Vereor and Cursus Iteritas Vereor - but Basimilus and Cursus Vereor are coming up in the shop with a price on them for me.

I'm missing something here, aren't I?

but looking forward to playing with the other ones in the meantime, they look awesome.

Loque

19 Nov 2021

rorystorm wrote:
19 Nov 2021
NoiseEng wrote:
18 Nov 2021

Does that clear it up?
so, sorry to be THAT GUY. But I own Basimilus Iteritas Vereor and Cursus Iteritas Vereor - but Basimilus and Cursus Vereor are coming up in the shop with a price on them for me.

but looking forward to playing with the other ones in the meantime, they look awesome.
I think you are missing some patience :-)

Give them a few days to sort everything...
Reason12, Win10

rorystorm

19 Nov 2021

Loque wrote:
19 Nov 2021
rorystorm wrote:
19 Nov 2021

I think you are missing some patience :-)

Give them a few days to sort everything...
Ha. Completely fair comment.

In the meantime Desmodus is fckg AMAZING, 15 minutes and its my new favourite. Highly recommend.

olive6741

19 Nov 2021

Thank you very much! Very nice move! These are great devices! Love Ruina too...

dusan.cani

19 Nov 2021

Hi, thanks for the REs!

Is there some option to turn off the velocity for the synths ?

WasteLand

19 Nov 2021

NoiseEng wrote:
18 Nov 2021
Are you saying that the Basimilus Iteritas and Cursus Iteritas Vereor no longer work for you? If so, this was not the intent and I'll work with Reason on this right away. Please confirm -- I believe I was told that removing them from the store would not remove them from racks.

You will get the new versions separately, but the shop admin needs to run a separate script to make that happen since these are not a plain update and as explained at the top of the thread, they will not replace the old ones in your rack, you'll just get a new, second version.
checked it now, of course there will be more reactions, if they didn't work anymore. yes the Basimilus Iteritas and Cursus Iteritas Vereor still work, nice... because i still need them.... for projects i am working on...

as i said, it is good to have also the old versions, they sometimes have some differences... o well not all new ones are there, only the freebies...

there is still confusement, but think this it, i have bundle 1 & 2, but for now it applies only for bundle 1,

Basimilus Iteritas and Cursus Iteritas Vereor, you get the new versions added to your account and of course Reason..

Desmodes you 'have' to buy. which i certainly will do....

and sinc vereor is available as a free RE, which replaces Sinc Iter Vereor...

i see that the shops adapts... there is now a bundle for the 3 free RE's....
Win 10 Pro. R11 suite + R12. Nektar Panorama p1. Ryzen 9 5900X. Cubase Pro 11, Bitwig Studio 4.4, Reaper 6.68, Ableton Live 11 Suite. RME Hammerfall DSP Multiface.

ekss
RE Developer

19 Nov 2021

Couldn’t resist and got all the new ones. Looking forward to play around with them! Thanks NE for bringing such cool devices to the rack!

NoiseEng
RE Developer

19 Nov 2021

WasteLand wrote:
18 Nov 2021
NoiseEng wrote:
18 Nov 2021

Does that clear it up?
so if you own bundle 1, you get Basimilus and Cursus Vereor, but Desmodus is a seperate product, there will be a new Bundle 1.

Desmodus will not be a freebie, even if you have bundle 1 (no prob!), so that is only one to buy, if you have the old bundle 1 & 2?
If you have both of the old Bundles, Desmodus is the only one that will not be free, that is correct. :) Shop is working on it!
Kris
Noise Engineering
Doer of the Things
Two of Seven

WasteLand

19 Nov 2021

NoiseEng wrote:
19 Nov 2021
WasteLand wrote:
18 Nov 2021

If you have both of the old Bundles, Desmodus is the only one that will not be free, that is correct. :) Shop is working on it!
than i will buy Desmodus! yeah! thanks, great modules, extreme modules, me like, me like... and waiting for the new versions, o well... enough to do...

EDIT: and bought!

DJMaytag

19 Nov 2021

NoiseEng wrote:
18 Nov 2021
I have long said we wanted to get back to making Rack Extensions. The Reason audience is fantastically supportive and we can't thank you enough, so consider this step one to doing that. We have a very long list of things we want to accomplish in this space and we're just getting started.
OMG! This is awesome and amazing! Next time you're at Knobcon, lunch or dinner is on me as a way of saying thanks!

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

19 Nov 2021

Thanks NE. Very generous of you. :puf_smile:

moneykube

19 Nov 2021

NoiseEng wrote:
18 Nov 2021
moneykube wrote:
18 Nov 2021

Basimilus video mentions a bundle 1 for the 3 new ones... says there is a link to the bundle... I do not see the link...anyone have said link or has bundle gone away? THANKS for the freebees and thank you Panda
edit "If you already own some of the NE REs, you may notice that a couple of familiar names have an updated look and a slightly different sound. You should be getting the new versions as free upgrades shortly!" hmmmm sounds cool. Does this mean Basimilus will be a free upgrade if I own Basimilus Iteritas Vereor, Cursus Iteritas Vereor,Manis Iteritas Vereor,and Sinc Iter Vereor 2018,10.15????( or just a new download of the new ones)>>>Before I hit the purchase button, I thought I should double check this. I did buy the original bundle 1>I do understand Desmodus is a different animal but I am also confused.
Hi there,
The bundle page is not posted yet -- we're hoping the Reason team can get to it soon, but as you can imagine, they are extremely busy getting ready for Black Friday. Please be patient and I'm sure it will be posted as soon as they can get it done. (I don't know how much visibility there is among the forum users, but as a dev, I can build pages for individual products, but I can't build a bundle page, or even see them in the back end. Bundles exist only as an entity within the Reason side of things, so I have zero control over a lot of that side of things.) That said, the shop folks have been amazingly helpful through all of this (and our time difference makes communication slow since we're in California) so I can only say the best possible things about them. :) They are slogging through their workload right now and will also get to the licenses for everyone.

Does that clear it up?
awesome... fully clear about it all now... THANK YOU once again :clap: :exclamation: Will likely get Desmodus at the sale price !
I see the bundle is now there btw.
Last edited by moneykube on 20 Nov 2021, edited 2 times in total.
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

Mataya

19 Nov 2021

The fact that these are all stereo now, makes me so happy. They sound amazing!

M

phithegoldenratio

20 Nov 2021

DaveyG wrote:
18 Nov 2021
challism wrote:
18 Nov 2021

Is this your way of saying "thanks for the free REs"? ;)

BTW, thanks for the free REs, Noise Engineering!
I've added them to my account and not bothered downloading them. I have too much stuffz already but I can't resist a freebie, even if I'll never use it. :thumbup:
I just think they could drop the arsey parts of the product names and perhaps avoid turning off potential customers.

For example, instead of calling a product "Cursus Vereor" and with a summary line of "Digital VCO", you could choose to call it "Cursus" and give it a summary of "Wavetable Synth". One is way more memorable and helpful than the other. But it's not something I'm going to lose sleep over. Their product, their choice.

what a way ass boring philosophy. :|

thx NE for the weirdness. glad we have some leftfielders around... :clap:

friday

20 Nov 2021

I already have all of your previous RE and be pretty sure that they have less or more sonicall overlaps. But he, it is such a joy to see how RE supportive you are, it was immediately clear for me, just to buy the new bundle, without testing, just to support you and say thanks for your loyalty!

Happy Weekend

moofi

20 Nov 2021

Thank you very much :-)

Trefor

20 Nov 2021

Great to see NE giving some love to REs. Love your work guys!

VariableX

22 Nov 2021

awesome bought demodus without even trying it just to support :thumbs_up:

Libraquaricorn

22 Nov 2021

Thank you so much, NE, for doing this for us Reason users. It's highly appreciated! I own all your previous stuff and I use it all the time. Also, I need to thank you for the awesome expansions you brought to my Arturia Mikrofreak. Buying Desmodus now!

🖤

thyme12

22 Nov 2021

these are the best rack extensions for free

• Information