Updating the Reason Browser

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
DaveyG

25 Oct 2021

They just need to give us tags and the ability to search and sort by them.

lowtom

25 Oct 2021

kbard wrote:
25 Oct 2021

I am asking how can you load FXP preset directly from the browser? You can not! In Reason you can.
That's very good! But you are fixated on this one option - loading FXP. Everything else I mentioned is not that awesome.
I am Reason user, Live user and Maschine user. I see differences and would love to have at least similar options available across different software solutions. I'm not saying Live or Maschine browsers are superior, but RS could take some inspiration from both. You can never go wrong with expanding browser capabilities and no one wants to remove anything, just add more options and possibilities.
:reason: :refill: :re:

kbard

25 Oct 2021

lowtom wrote:
25 Oct 2021
No man I am not fixated at anything really. If anything then you are fixated in proving that I am fixated. Nice. You told that there is not anything different in Reason browser vs live. Now you see it is. There are even more different features.

Regards

EnochLight

25 Oct 2021

kbard wrote:
25 Oct 2021
What's there to explain with so simple yet not simple thing let me see (please forgive me my english is not first language). A drag and drop to a DAW is all it need + basic customization (which it have now).
I don't think you have to worry about losing that sort of functionality as Reason's browser matures. Smart folders/tags or whatever they end up doing will likely just "add on" to the current feature set, so your workflow shouldn't change for the most part. :thumbup: I'm just hoping it's made faster, as the way indexed files are handled is nothing short of buggy as we've discovered, and it doesn't even index file folders and keep them in a cache currently. That's a major pain in the ass, IMHO. Everytime I click on the same sample folder I've had for the better part of 20 years in a new song project, it has to index the folder. EVERY. TIME. It's archaic and painful.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

stratatonic

25 Oct 2021

Billy+ wrote:
03 Oct 2021
stratatonic wrote:
01 Oct 2021

:puf_smile: It's OCTOBER ! ! :puf_smile:

Where Is that Browser Update?

Midi Preview as well would make for a decent R12 Browser Update! :)
I would guess that the update will be closer to the end of the month rather than the beginning especially as the latest update was only released a few days ago.
Less than a week to go!

Can't you just feel the excitement?

stratatonic

25 Oct 2021

Creativemind wrote:
20 Oct 2021
stratatonic wrote:
01 Oct 2021

And not just tempo sync'able but also a play on next Bar, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8th, 1/16th, 1/32ndth, 1/64th, 1/128th not that I could see anything smaller than 1/16th being needed myself but they're all the currently available snap options.
Don't forget these! :

Creativemind wrote:
20 Oct 2021

Please please please Reason Studio's make it very smart / advanced. I can think of 27 feature's for it.

* Audio wave display
* Highlight any part of the wave with the mouse and it plays that section
* Auto-Looping
* Also click anywhere in the audio with the mouse cursor and it plays from there
* Tempo match with double speed / half speed
* Tempo and key Display
* Pitch Shift + or - 12 semitones
* Reverse Auditioning
* Play through track
* dB display for the volume slider
* Sync both browsers (on or off)
* Tag and branch searching
* Put dots next to already auditioned samples in a folder
* Refresh button for folders (and any added samples show up in a different colour)
* New section at the top of the browser thumbnails where newly added vst's are listed for 24 hrs after adding (thumbnails can be added after if you so wish)
* Patch auditioning (like you can already do with Dr.Octo.Rex files)
* Midi auditioning (plays with the patch from whatever devices of whichever track is selected in the sequencer)
* Device searching in projects
* Slice audio up by transients and apply all the above to the transients
* Scrub Samples
* All changes applied (pitch shift / tempo match etc) will apply when dropping into the sequencer
* Volume adjustment tick box (ticked will apply volume adjustments to the sample when dropped into sequencer)
* Remember browser state when re-opening project

I hope at least 15 of those are added but would like 20. Lol! I think about 7 could be considered icings on the cake / advanced features.

Billy+

26 Oct 2021

stratatonic wrote:
25 Oct 2021
Billy+ wrote:
03 Oct 2021

I would guess that the update will be closer to the end of the month rather than the beginning especially as the latest update was only released a few days ago.
Less than a week to go!

Um no..... I've removed R12 and am happy to sit this one out :thumbs_up:

I do hope that you all start getting a better experience though....

Oper-8

26 Oct 2021

OK... I was happy with the fix/workaround, but that didn't last... Indexing is sssslllloooowww again. :/
Sync music : Pond5 | Sound design : Vimeo | Ambient, Downtempo : Oper-8 | Shoegaze, Synthwave : Fake Luxury

Creativemind

27 Oct 2021

Billy+ wrote:
26 Oct 2021
stratatonic wrote:
25 Oct 2021

Less than a week to go!

Well if you have a paid Reason 12, you can just install it again?
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Billy+

27 Oct 2021

Creativemind wrote:
27 Oct 2021
Billy+ wrote:
26 Oct 2021

Well if you have a paid Reason 12, you can just install it again?
Thankfully I was trying a cheap subscription so I managed to get a good collection of packs for R11 along with access to R12 without wasting to much money, however that does mean that I don't have an R12 license not that it's a problem as currently I have no wish to reinstall it.

If things start getting better and I see something worth upgrading to then I'm happy to pay the extra but as things stand the roadmap shows me nothing worthy of the price tag.

stratatonic

18 Nov 2021

Billy+ wrote:
03 Oct 2021
stratatonic wrote:
01 Oct 2021

Looks like closer to the end of next year. :(

Billy+

18 Nov 2021

stratatonic wrote:
18 Nov 2021
Looks like closer to the end of next year. :(
I care less and less as each day passes happy in to enjoy what I hold rather than endure the constant disappointment of empty plans for features that matter not......

Liimusic

19 Nov 2021

The new „smart“ browser needs to auto sync long samples to bpm. I mean how hard can it be to develop this…

• Information