IK Multimedia 25th Anniversary Group Buy - Get up to 25 products for the price of 1!

Discuss VST stuff here!
Lotuz2019

22 Aug 2021

If you're thinking about buying a IK Multimedia software product, then do this before then end of August and get many other software products for free.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/25gb/

:clap:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

22 Aug 2021

Now you can all use the Black76 licenses you’ve been sitting on for 2 years :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Loque

22 Aug 2021

Is there anything thats worth a penny and the hardcore PITA of the installation process?
Reason12, Win10

MrFigg
Competition Winner

22 Aug 2021

Loque wrote:
22 Aug 2021
Is there anything thats worth a penny and the hardcore PITA of the installation process?
I bought AmpliTube 5 last night. Great!!!
Got Modo Drum, Modo Bass, HammondB3 , Sunset Studios Verb, AT5 Leslie and Fender 2 Collection for free. Total €185
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Lotuz2019

22 Aug 2021

MrFigg wrote:
22 Aug 2021
Now you can all use the Black76 licenses you’ve been sitting on for 2 years :).
indeed. Now would be the time to use unused serial numbers if you have them. :cool:

Lotuz2019

22 Aug 2021

Loque wrote:
22 Aug 2021
No pain, no gain. :lol:

huggermugger

22 Aug 2021

MrFigg wrote:
22 Aug 2021
Loque wrote:
22 Aug 2021
I bought AmpliTube 5 last night. Great!!!
Got Modo Drum, Modo Bass, HammondB3 , Sunset Studios Verb, AT5 Leslie and Fender 2 Collection for free. Total €185
That's an incredible deal. MODO Drum and MODO Bass aren't cheap, but wow are they ever good.

Lotuz2019

22 Aug 2021

Now seven products for the price of one!

jam-s

22 Aug 2021

Loque wrote:
22 Aug 2021
To be fair the improved the installation process quite a bit recently, but I still don't like that they install all T-Racks or Amplitude stuff by default so you end up cluttering your VST lists with lots of plugins that you don't have a license for unless you go ahead and manually delete all of those.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

22 Aug 2021

jam-s wrote:
22 Aug 2021
Loque wrote:
22 Aug 2021
To be fair the improved the installation process quite a bit recently, but I still don't like that they install all T-Racks or Amplitude stuff by default so you end up cluttering your VST lists with lots of plugins that you don't have a license for unless you go ahead and manually delete all of those.
In T-Racks you can just go to the folder and move all the ones you don't have over to another folder. That means that you can just move them back as and when you buy them and don't have to bother with reinstalling.
With AmpliTube there's a button at the top right which will can toggle to show the stuff you do have or the stuff you don't have or both.
Installation is nothing like I remember it being in the past. Worked quickly and with no problems.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

client6

22 Aug 2021

I did the group buy last time and got Modo Bass, Modo Drum, Hammond B3x, I also have Total Studio Max 2. I love all of them and use Modo Bass and Modo Drum on the majority of tracks.

Is there something else I am overlooking that I can get out of this deal? I don't have the tape or reverb stuff but I also don't want to buy stuff just to buy stuff.

Anybody with other IK stuff to recommend?

Thanks!

huggermugger

22 Aug 2021

client6 wrote:
22 Aug 2021
I did the group buy last time and got Modo Bass, Modo Drum, Hammond B3x, I also have Total Studio Max 2. I love all of them and use Modo Bass and Modo Drum on the majority of tracks.

Is there something else I am overlooking that I can get out of this deal? I don't have the tape or reverb stuff but I also don't want to buy stuff just to buy stuff.

Thanks!
The Syntronik synths sound really good, and there's a lot of different ones to choose from. Big downloads though.

jaeproduced

22 Aug 2021

Question is IK Multimedia Syntronik Free synths any good compared to Arturia Analog Lab V?

MrFigg
Competition Winner

22 Aug 2021

client6 wrote:
22 Aug 2021

Thanks!
The Space Delay and EchoPlex are pretty cool.
There’s a nice LA-2A compressor if you don’t have one of those.
Quad comp and Quad limiter.
Sunset Studios Reverb is cool.
Of course AmpliTube :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Lotuz2019

23 Aug 2021

client6 wrote:
22 Aug 2021
These are the ones why I got into the Group Buy:

MixBox: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/mixbox/

SampleTron 2: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/sampletron2/
client6 wrote:
22 Aug 2021
I don't have the tape or reverb stuff but I also don't want to buy stuff just to buy stuff.
But those are really good and definitely worth getting. Some of my favourite T-Racks effects (that can't also be found in MixBox):

T-Racks Tape Machine 80
T-Racks Tape Machine 440
T-Racks Leslie
T-Racks Space Delay
T-Racks Sunset Sound Studio Reverb

Their T-Racks Dynamics plugins (Comprexxor and Stealth Limiter to name a few) are often highly rated too.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/t ... r#dynamics
Last edited by Lotuz2019 on 25 Aug 2021, edited 1 time in total.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

23 Aug 2021

Lotuz2019 wrote:
23 Aug 2021
client6 wrote:
22 Aug 2021
These are the ones why I got into the Group Buy:

MixBox: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/mixbox/

SampleTron 2: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/sampletron2/
client6 wrote:
22 Aug 2021
I don't have the tape or reverb stuff but I also don't want to buy stuff just to buy stuff.
But those are really good and definitely worth getting. Some of my favourite T-Racks effects (that can't also be found in MixBox):

T-Racks Tape Machine 80
T-Racks Tape Machine 440
T-Racks Leslie
T-Racks Space Delay

Their T-Racks Dynamics plugins (Comprexxor and Stealth Limiter to name a few) are often highly rated too.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/t ... r#dynamics
Are the modules in MixBox the same as their T-Racks counterparts or are they cut down versions?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Lotuz2019

23 Aug 2021

MrFigg wrote:
23 Aug 2021
Are the modules in MixBox the same as their T-Racks counterparts or are they cut down versions?
They are slightly cut down versions, but they're still very useful if you don't care about M/S, separate L/R.

WaxTrax

23 Aug 2021

As someone who didn't own any IK products yet, this seemed like too good of a deal to pass up. Hard to beat 7 for 1! I looked at previous Black Friday deals for comparison and saw an average of 60% off, so this is a far superior deal right now. I was mostly interested in SampleTank and Syntronik. I purchased and registered SampleTank, and after that the Deluxe version of Syntronik became available in the free promo products, because after registering SampleTank, the price of Syntronik Deluxe went down to $269.

I also got MODO Drum, T-Racks 5 Deluxe, and MixBox. I haven't decided on the last two yet, but I'll probably go with MODO Bass and Amplitube. I wish they had a trial of SampleTron because I might consider that. I also wish MODO Bass had built-in grooves like MODO Drum does -- then it would be an easier decision for me.

I might do the deal again to get some of the less-expensive SampleTank packs too. Not ready yet to pony up for the total studio max package :-)

Steedus
Competition Winner

23 Aug 2021

The last time I dealt with IK they had a very anti-consumer policy in place where you had a certain number of days, and a certain number of downloads before you had to buy more "download" credits in order to re-download your software. Is that still the case? It always turned me off them.

In fact I'm sure I have an Amplitube license from years ago, but have upgraded computers a couple of times since then and no longer have the files. I've just accepted that it's lost to me now because I refuse to do the "buy more download credits" crap.

jam-s

23 Aug 2021

Steedus wrote:
23 Aug 2021
The last time I dealt with IK they had a very anti-consumer policy in place where you had a certain number of days, and a certain number of downloads before you had to buy more "download" credits in order to re-download your software. Is that still the case? It always turned me off them.
For all sample tank and syntronik libraries that's still the case. So you should keep a backup of those somewhere safe after downloading them.

Lizard

24 Aug 2021

Steedus wrote:
23 Aug 2021

In fact I'm sure I have an Amplitube license from years ago, but have upgraded computers a couple of times since then and no longer have the files. I've just accepted that it's lost to me now because I refuse to do the "buy more download credits" crap.
That still remains the same however I believe it is only limited to the "sounds" to download. The large libraries for sample based stuff. Sample Tank, Sampletron, etc. However the software is always available with no time limit. These are things like the MODO set, Amplitube, T-Racks, Hammond and so on. Looks like they give 10 authorizations for each product. Yes limiting still but I would hope that a purchaser wouldn't burn through that too fast. For sounds you can buy the card to reset the 180 day clock. But looks like if you buy one for 10usd it resets all your products. Not for only one. Still a turn off for some.

I had a good bit of their stuff including the additional compressors and amp models. I upgraded Amplitube to 5 and used JamPoints towards it. Oddly, after registering each of the free items it kept adding JamPoints back to my account and I ended up having more than I started. So.... yay. It says you can buy multiple products and get two sets of free items in the group buy. So I decided to get the software upgrade to ARC System 3 which is $99 and when I did it gave me a $50 credit. I don't know why however it then allowed me to chose any of the free product of $99 or less. So all in all I spent just under $200 and got 14 products. I cannot complain about that. Only thing I'm concerned about at this time is it now only shows my latest promotional items. The previous one does not show. Hoping at next round I will see two more. Fingers crossed.

Lotuz2019

24 Aug 2021

WaxTrax wrote:
23 Aug 2021
I wish they had a trial of SampleTron because I might consider that.
Is there anything in particular you'd like to know about SampleTron 2?

WaxTrax

24 Aug 2021

Lotuz2019 wrote:
24 Aug 2021
Is there anything in particular you'd like to know about SampleTron 2?
Making electronic music is just a hobby for me, so I am mostly preset-driven at the moment. I listened to the demonstrations on the SampleTron page, but I was just kind of curious what the full range of built-in sounds are (and MIDI patterns).

That's okay though, I ended up getting MODO Bass and Amplitube, so I'm out of free products now. But if the next tier is reached, I might grab SampleTron 2 anyway :puf_smile:

Thanks

Lotuz2019

24 Aug 2021

:thumbup:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

24 Aug 2021

Lotuz2019 wrote:
24 Aug 2021
:thumbup:

Think the GForce REs do the job better. Guess they’re not free though.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

• Information