Reason High Resolution Graphics: Join the Testing Team!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
tronam

17 Apr 2021

This long awaited high resolution update is coinciding nicely with the deterioration of my vision. Perfect timing.
Last edited by tronam on 17 Apr 2021, edited 2 times in total.
Music is nothing else but wild sounds civilized into time and tune.

Billy+

17 Apr 2021

Creativemind wrote:
17 Apr 2021
I have been quoted according to my notifications by Dogcat but when I click it, nothing to be seen. Has it been removed?
zoidkirb wrote:
17 Apr 2021
Looks like quite a few posts were deleted. Maybe some server issues or something as none of it was controversial.

Unfortunately it looks like dogcat was banned and the posts have all been removed.

Steedus
Competition Winner

17 Apr 2021

I love the fact they're poking fun at themselves slightly when Ryan says "huh .. wonder how long that's been out of focus?" This was purely aimed at the current fans who have been calling it out for years. :clap:

Btw I hope those new wood panel side pieces are in the final version.

guitfnky

17 Apr 2021

someone posted something that would've been covered by the beta NDA. presumably, that's why it was removed.
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

joeyluck

18 Apr 2021

Hey everybody, so just a few reminders:
  • This thread and ReasonTalk are not the place to discuss details of the beta. There is a specific forum for testers to use on the Reason Studios website.
  • This is early testing, so don't make assumptions or claims. Read the information available to testers in the beta lounge on the Reason Studios website and ask your questions there in that forum.
  • Don't waste time asking tons of questions here of testers that they can't address instead of just signing up and testing it yourself.
Thanks!

EdGrip

18 Apr 2021

I mean, the thread can only get so long when the moderators of this unofficial and unaffiliated Reason forum do all Propellerheads' NDA policing for them, as if it were a real official forum like Propellerheads famously don't have. Boom micdrop sigh.

helmutson

18 Apr 2021

The beta is open for R11Standard and R+ owners, not for R11Suite owners !?
Is this really true ? :puf_unhappy:

Steedus
Competition Winner

18 Apr 2021

Yeah I thought that too, but I’m on Suite and I’m in the beta. Just sign up and it should go through eventually.

SalvadorDeluxe

18 Apr 2021

Go get the beta and be prepared to be extremely underwhelmed.
Nintendo 64 // Minesweeper // Rotary Telephones

Billy+

18 Apr 2021

helmutson wrote:
18 Apr 2021
The beta is open for R11Standard and R+ owners, not for R11Suite owners !?
Is this really true ? :puf_unhappy:
It's open to anyone with an active subscription and or a version 11 standard license, remember that suite was discontinued as a product and ultimately replaced in all but name with the plus service.

helmutson

18 Apr 2021

OK, thanx ...

Creativemind

18 Apr 2021

zoidkirb wrote:
17 Apr 2021
Creativemind wrote:
17 Apr 2021
I have been quoted according to my notifications by Dogcat but when I click it, nothing to be seen. Has it been removed?
Looks like quite a few posts were deleted. Maybe some server issues or something as none of it was controversial.
Thanks.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

joeyluck

18 Apr 2021

EdGrip wrote:
18 Apr 2021
I mean, the thread can only get so long when the moderators of this unofficial and unaffiliated Reason forum do all Propellerheads' NDA policing for them, as if it were a real official forum like Propellerheads famously don't have. Boom micdrop sigh.
Unlike other forums we have moderators and Reason is the central focus of our forum. We can't control what happens in other forums. Also, the majority of our moderators are testers who understand the rules. We wouldn't turn a blind eye to it. It's really as simple as that.

guitfnky

18 Apr 2021

it’s a good thing to keep random beta comments out of here. people assume too much based on too little—if they stopped moderating stuff that’s based on early builds (meaning we can’t know what the actual end result will look like yet), the speculation we all enjoy would get way too far out of hand.

deeplink
Competition Winner

18 Apr 2021

Seems like people are disappointed though.. perhaps the grass isn't always beta on the other side

;)
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

tronam

18 Apr 2021

deeplink wrote:
18 Apr 2021
Seems like people are disappointed though.. perhaps the grass isn't always beta on the other side

;)
People are always disappointed. You new here bro?
Music is nothing else but wild sounds civilized into time and tune.

Billy+

18 Apr 2021

Yeah it very much sounds like there's more than just one beta, and the ones being tested buy voluntary testers isn't necessarily the same as the internal version of the next release. Which does seem like a lot of extra work for the developers and could explain the time it takes to make a release.

SebAudio

18 Apr 2021

guitfnky wrote:
18 Apr 2021
it’s a good thing to keep random beta comments out of here. people assume too much based on too little—if they stopped moderating stuff that’s based on early builds (meaning we can’t know what the actual end result will look like yet), the speculation we all enjoy would get way too far out of hand.
Speculation ? Reason with an HD graphics rack is just that : the same devices with crisp graphics instead of blurry ones. I’d have understood if it was new features…

DaveyG

18 Apr 2021

deeplink wrote:
18 Apr 2021

;)
It's probably because the HD part of the Beta omits almost as many devices than it includes. What's the point in that?

ryanharlin
Reason Studios

18 Apr 2021

Steedus wrote:
17 Apr 2021
I love the fact they're poking fun at themselves slightly when Ryan says "huh .. wonder how long that's been out of focus?" This was purely aimed at the current fans who have been calling it out for years. :clap:

Btw I hope those new wood panel side pieces are in the final version.
1.) I was 100% poking fun at us and it was 100% aimed at fans who have been calling it out (myself included) for years. If you can't laugh at yourself...

2.) Those wood panels won't be in the program. They're the actual wood panels from my own rack of outboard gear. I took a photo of them to composite them into the shot for the focus adjust gag because the actual wood panel graphics weren't ready yet when I was making this video.

guitfnky

18 Apr 2021

SebAudio wrote:
18 Apr 2021
guitfnky wrote:
18 Apr 2021
Speculation ? Reason with an HD graphics rack is just that : the same devices with crisp graphics instead of blurry ones. I’d have understood if it was new features…
that's exactly my point--there are people who think the high-res graphics beta is a disappointment, because they've only seen the part they're testing. like, okay, cool, it doesn't have xyz-related feature now, but it's a beta. basing our disappointment on an unfinished piece of software would be kinda dumb.

it's like if my car dealer sent me new tires to test for the next model and being upset that my brakes still suck.

guitfnky

18 Apr 2021

DaveyG wrote:
18 Apr 2021
deeplink wrote:
18 Apr 2021

;)
It's probably because the HD part of the Beta omits almost as many devices than it includes. What's the point in that?
to make sure when users fire up Reason, it doesn't crash, so they don't end up adding a bunch of broken code to all the devices at once, if there are problems. implement it for some devices, and make sure nothing's broken, then implement for others. it's a standard testing/release approach.

PhillipOrdonez

18 Apr 2021

Billy+ wrote:
18 Apr 2021
Yeah it very much sounds like there's more than just one beta, and the ones being tested buy voluntary testers isn't necessarily the same as the internal version of the next release. Which does seem like a lot of extra work for the developers and could explain the time it takes to make a release.
It is pretty obvious that this is true. Obviously they've got a separate beta with all the new features that are coming in 12 and for whatever devices that haven't announced. This is a public beta and the point is just to test the graphics thing. Thinking otherwise would suggest this is the only feature for 12 and thinking that this could be the case is totally ridiculous. Who would think that the only feature for a big version is a graphics update? 😂

I've got an hypothesis though. This is just speculation from my part, but would it be so crazy to think that the beta version actually holds more features? Maybe even all Reason 12 features, but they're hidden and impossible to use for us, though they are there and the testing helps them see if those new features break compatibility with the old features?

🤷‍♂️

joeyluck

18 Apr 2021

ryanharlin wrote:
18 Apr 2021
2.) Those wood panels won't be in the program. They're the actual wood panels from my own rack of outboard gear. I took a photo of them to composite them into the shot for the focus adjust gag because the actual wood panel graphics weren't ready yet when I was making this video.
They should use your wood panels! That would be a fun easter egg of sorts. They also look really nice. I like the color and having them be a little wider.

Billy+

18 Apr 2021

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
18 Apr 2021
Billy+ wrote:
18 Apr 2021
It is pretty obvious that this is true. Obviously they've got a separate beta with all the new features that are coming in 12 and for whatever devices that haven't announced. This is a public beta and the point is just to test the graphics thing. Thinking otherwise would suggest this is the only feature for 12 and thinking that this could be the case is totally ridiculous. Who would think that the only feature for a big version is a graphics update? 😂

I've got an hypothesis though. This is just speculation from my part, but would it be so crazy to think that the beta version actually holds more features? Maybe even all Reason 12 features, but they're hidden and impossible to use for us, though they are there and the testing helps them see if those new features break compatibility with the old features?

🤷‍♂️
Well I'm still hoping that we get a V11.4 with vst midi routing......

• Information