Reason 11.3.9 Release Notes

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
jaeproduced

11 Mar 2021

joeyluck wrote:
11 Mar 2021
jaeproduced wrote:
11 Mar 2021

I've restarted my computer 3times also...
Is this via the auto-update feature inside Reason and after choosing to "restart and install"?

If you continue to have trouble, you can try downloading the update from the website: https://www.reasonstudios.com/en/reason/updates
Yes via auto update it keep saying update failed retry...

anDre

11 Mar 2021

Sample Editor Bug is still not fixed. :thumbs_down:

anDre

11 Mar 2021

It's not in the list.

joeyluck

11 Mar 2021

anDre wrote:
11 Mar 2021
It's not in the list.
Ok just wanted it to be clear because there are several sample related bugs in the fix list and one in particular involving the sample edit window.

EdwardKiy

11 Mar 2021

Noise wrote:
10 Mar 2021
  • Feature: Shift+doubleclick on note in Edit mode selects that note + all following notes until end of clip
A sequencer upgrade. I'm having friends over!

celebration.jpg
celebration.jpg (19.46 KiB) Viewed 4952 times

Rappelled Hero

11 Mar 2021

joeyluck wrote:
11 Mar 2021
anDre wrote:
11 Mar 2021
It's not in the list.
Ok just wanted it to be clear because there are several sample related bugs in the fix list and one in particular involving the sample edit window.
Hi Joey. It's the bug detailed on here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7521891

EnochLight

11 Mar 2021

diminished wrote:
10 Mar 2021
please don't confuse bug fixes with features! that's not what people mean when they speak about core features or functions.. R11 broke something that worked in R10 - months later, they offer a workaround for something that once was working and now isn't anymore.
viewtopic.php?p=547013#p547013
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

pushedbutton

11 Mar 2021

TFW the only added feature is redundant cos your muscle memory overrides it.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

buddard
RE Developer

11 Mar 2021

jaeproduced wrote:
11 Mar 2021
joeyluck wrote:
11 Mar 2021

Is this via the auto-update feature inside Reason and after choosing to "restart and install"?

If you continue to have trouble, you can try downloading the update from the website: https://www.reasonstudios.com/en/reason/updates
I've had the same problem for the last few Reason 11 updates.
The only way it works for me is to download the update inside Reason, but when it's downloaded I choose "Install on Quit".
Then I quit Reason manually and wait for the admin password to pop up.
After I enter the admin password, I wait a couple of minutes before I start Reason again.

When I try to use "Install and restart" I always get the failure message and have to redownload the update.

I've seen this problem on both Sierra (10.12) and Mojave (10.14).

Billy+

11 Mar 2021

jaeproduced wrote:
11 Mar 2021
I've download the update 3 times and Reason 11.3.8 keeps opening up running Reason 11.3..8d11...
If your getting this on Mac and you have Reason pinned to the launch bar!

1) unpin Reason and launch from applications.
2) do the update (install & quit)
3) launch from applications
4) repin to launch bar.

Update hasn't been able to replace the launcher version for ages for me to.

Hope this helps...

buddard
RE Developer

11 Mar 2021

Billy+ wrote:
11 Mar 2021
jaeproduced wrote:
11 Mar 2021
I've download the update 3 times and Reason 11.3.8 keeps opening up running Reason 11.3..8d11...

4) repin to launch bar.

Hope this helps...
Using my method mentioned above you don't have to unpin and repin Reason to the Dock, just choose "Install on Quit", quit Reason manually and then start it again. The shortcut in the Dock will still work afterwards and launch the updated version.

stratatonic

11 Mar 2021

buddard wrote:
11 Mar 2021
Billy+ wrote:
11 Mar 2021

4) repin to launch bar.

Hope this helps...
Using my method mentioned above you don't have to unpin and repin Reason to the Dock, just choose "Install on Quit", quit Reason manually and then start it again. The shortcut in the Dock will still work afterwards and launch the updated version.
Both of these methods do not work for me. Keep getting a Install Failed. Any other ideas?
So far, I have downloaded 4 (or was it 5?) times. At 1.06 gB per download.
And I can’t find the “downloads”. Where are they installed? Nothing in the Mac Download folder.

buddard
RE Developer

11 Mar 2021

stratatonic wrote:
11 Mar 2021
buddard wrote:
11 Mar 2021

Both of these methods do not work for me. Keep getting a Install Failed. Any other ideas?
So far, I have downloaded 4 (or was it 5?) times. At 1.06 gB per download.
And I can’t find the “downloads”. Where are they installed? Nothing in the Mac Download folder.
At which point does it fail: During the download? After the download? Or when you quit Reason? Or when you start Reason again?

stratatonic

11 Mar 2021

After restart. Both ways. Manual restart or automatically with Reason.

stratatonic

11 Mar 2021

stratatonic wrote:
11 Mar 2021
And yet again! $^%$^%$%^!
Fail.jpeg
Fail.jpeg (15.77 KiB) Viewed 4711 times
F*ck it. This is for the beta 11.
Honestly, if they want help identifying bugs, they could at least make the process painless.

At least they fixed two bugs that I reported in this 11.3.9 update. Hoo-ray.

Billy+

11 Mar 2021

stratatonic wrote:
11 Mar 2021
stratatonic wrote:
11 Mar 2021
Fail.jpeg
Honestly, if they want help identifying bugs, they could at least make the process painless.

If you're a beta tester I think you should be contacting them via the dedicated channels!

stratatonic

11 Mar 2021

Billy+ wrote:
11 Mar 2021
stratatonic wrote:
11 Mar 2021

Fail.jpeg

If you're a beta tester I think you should be contacting them via the dedicated channels!
I send off issues via their support. Is there a beta forum I am not aware of - here or there?

jaeproduced

12 Mar 2021

buddard wrote:
11 Mar 2021
jaeproduced wrote:
11 Mar 2021

I've had the same problem for the last few Reason 11 updates.
The only way it works for me is to download the update inside Reason, but when it's downloaded I choose "Install on Quit".
Then I quit Reason manually and wait for the admin password to pop up.
After I enter the admin password, I wait a couple of minutes before I start Reason again.

When I try to use "Install and restart" I always get the failure message and have to redownload the update.

I've seen this problem on both Sierra (10.12) and Mojave (10.14).
Yep I'm running Sierra 10.12 same problem but I went to the Reason Support website and downloaded 11.3.9 directly...

moneykube

12 Mar 2021

Billy+ wrote:
10 Mar 2021
Quite a few bugs associated with licensing and a Rack Extension licensing retry option - MoneyKube you out there? Does this fix your licensing issue?
Yes indeed... this made my day ... I shouted in glee... that bug went on far too long and drove me bonkers... now functioning as it should.... since the 2nd bug fix mentioned is Reason now falls back to Authorizer for updating licences, if Companion has been uninstalled, even for active Reason+ subscribers> a moderator writing it off as not a thing and locking threads about it, is quite unsettling. It did make him appear to be a paid off shill...."we all have opinions" lolol... MUD in your face! "drama"??? OR WAS IT TRUTH ? :lol: It is obvious it was a major bug :!: ... It is ALSO blatantly obvious that an apology for bad moderation is not in this rule breakers playbook :thumbs_up: .... oh well ... some people can't admit when they are wrong EVEN when it was so damn obvious, with so many people on social media extremely angry and disgusted by the bug>> which wasted many hours of my time and made me not even want to open reason ! Next time perhaps he will learn to read what the problem is before shitting on people affected by it. MAYBE????? Can an OLD dog learn new tricks? I guess we will see.
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

Billy+

12 Mar 2021

moneykube wrote:
12 Mar 2021
Billy+ wrote:
10 Mar 2021
Quite a few bugs associated with licensing and a Rack Extension licensing retry option - MoneyKube you out there? Does this fix your licensing issue?
Yes indeed... this made my day ... I shouted in glee... that bug went on far too long and drove me bonkers... now functioning as it should.... since the 2nd bug fix mentioned is Reason now falls back to Authorizer for updating licences, if Companion has been uninstalled, even for active Reason+ subscribers> a moderator writing it off as not a thing and locking threads about it, is quite unsettling. It did make him appear to be a paid off shill...."we all have opinions" lolol... MUD in your face! "drama"??? OR WAS IT TRUTH ? :lol: It is obvious it was a major bug :!: ... It is ALSO blatantly obvious that an apology for bad moderation is not in this rule breakers playbook :thumbs_up: .... oh well ... some people can't admit when they are wrong EVEN when it was so damn obvious, with so many people on social media extremely angry and disgusted by the bug>> which wasted many hours of my time and made me not even want to open reason ! Next time perhaps he will learn to read what the problem is before shitting on people affected by it. MAYBE????? Can an OLD dog learn new tricks? I guess we will see.
That's excellent news :thumbs_up:

dusan.cani

15 Mar 2021

Is it possible to install two versions of Reason simultaneously ? version 10 and 11. Would be the installation without conflicts ?

jam-s

15 Mar 2021

Yes, you can have R10 and R11 (and even R9, R8) installed at the same time.

joeyluck

15 Mar 2021

For anybody interested, I counted the features, fixes and improvements of Reason 11.0 - 11.3.9

It is over 30 features and over 90 fixes and general improvements. A total of over 120 things added or addressed.

guitfnky

15 Mar 2021

joeyluck wrote:
15 Mar 2021
For anybody interested, I counted the features, fixes and improvements of Reason 11.0 - 11.3.9

It is over 30 features and over 90 fixes and general improvements. A total of over 120 things added or addressed.
what are the features?
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

• Information