Nektar Panorama Remote Maps Thread

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

10 Nov 2020

TheBlackBox wrote:
07 Nov 2020
Hello, is it also possible to request custom maps?

I have made an Excel file as Carly requests in his help-us-to-help-you-video, but with an extra column stating the hardware control I would like to use to control the remotable in question and the manner of switching between the pages, which is a mix of the Nektar mapping with that of PoohBear.

The reason for this is the way I (or maybe everybody?) synthesize using FM synths, namely per operator with the accomanying envelope controls (if that makes sense)

If custom maps are not provided by you guys (which I would perfectly understand regarding the amount of work), would it at least be possible to make such a mapping at all? Because then I am going to try myself, but if it won't work at all it is a waste of time, obviously.

Thanks very much in advance for any info/mappings?!

Best regards,
TheBlackBox
Added, dropbox is has been updated for the T and P series.

Thanks for the excel file.

polysix

11 Nov 2020

Hello poohbear..

I am looking for a synapse audio obsession rack extension support for my p4. That would be a dream to be able to operate directly from the p4. Do you happen to have that in the works?

Thanks a lot for your maps :)

TheBlackBox

12 Nov 2020

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
10 Nov 2020
TheBlackBox wrote:
07 Nov 2020
Hello, is it also possible to request custom maps?

I have made an Excel file as Carly requests in his help-us-to-help-you-video, but with an extra column stating the hardware control I would like to use to control the remotable in question and the manner of switching between the pages, which is a mix of the Nektar mapping with that of PoohBear.

The reason for this is the way I (or maybe everybody?) synthesize using FM synths, namely per operator with the accomanying envelope controls (if that makes sense)

If custom maps are not provided by you guys (which I would perfectly understand regarding the amount of work), would it at least be possible to make such a mapping at all? Because then I am going to try myself, but if it won't work at all it is a waste of time, obviously.

Thanks very much in advance for any info/mappings?!

Best regards,
TheBlackBox
Added, dropbox is has been updated for the T and P series.

Thanks for the excel file.
You're the best, thanks a LOT!! :mrgreen:

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

13 Nov 2020

polysix wrote:
11 Nov 2020
Hello poohbear..

I am looking for a synapse audio obsession rack extension support for my p4. That would be a dream to be able to operate directly from the p4. Do you happen to have that in the works?

I don't own that RE, if you create a Excel spreadsheet per the video I will do a mapping.

polysix

19 Nov 2020

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
13 Nov 2020
polysix wrote:
11 Nov 2020
Hello poohbear..

I don't own that RE, if you create a Excel spreadsheet per the video I will do a mapping.

Thanks a lot for your help. I'm at end of November in holiday if I understand the excel I will do it 😊

polysix

09 Dec 2020

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
13 Nov 2020
polysix wrote:
11 Nov 2020
Hello poohbear..

Hello Poohbear,

Thank you for your offer to help me. I also started creating the Excel. Unfortunately, I believe that an important support is missing in obsession. You can switch between the OSC with a switch and this switch is unfortunately not supported remotely. I am writing the days of Synapse Audio to see if they can incorporate that.

I hope the Google translation manages to translate it understandably :-)

IamFredrik

09 Dec 2020

I have installed my P1, updated the firmware and installed the reason mappings. Everything works fine, but when I download the map from dropbox and try to use it I get no mapping for Europa and all the new RE's I got with Reason 11 suite.

I downloaded the PanoramaP1.remotemap and copied to "C:\ProgramData\Propellerhead Software\Remote\Maps\Nektar".

My firmware version is 01.14.03

Any ideas how I would go about troubleshooting this?

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

09 Dec 2020

polysix wrote:
09 Dec 2020
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
13 Nov 2020

Hello Poohbear,

Thank you for your offer to help me. I also started creating the Excel. Unfortunately, I believe that an important support is missing in obsession. You can switch between the OSC with a switch and this switch is unfortunately not supported remotely. I am writing the days of Synapse Audio to see if they can incorporate that.

I hope the Google translation manages to translate it understandably :-)
Zip up the info file and upload it here, I 'll have a quick look at it....

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

09 Dec 2020

IamFredrik wrote:
09 Dec 2020
I have installed my P1, updated the firmware and installed the reason mappings. Everything works fine, but when I download the map from dropbox and try to use it I get no mapping for Europa and all the new RE's I got with Reason 11 suite.

I downloaded the PanoramaP1.remotemap and copied to "C:\ProgramData\Propellerhead Software\Remote\Maps\Nektar".

When you go into the Control Surface I take it the P1 has green ticks for it? (are other instruments working?)
Both Nektar and the mappings you downloaded include Europa (note I can't remember what from the suite has been mapped as I don't use those instruments that much) so that is a weird one.

IamFredrik

09 Dec 2020

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
09 Dec 2020
IamFredrik wrote:
09 Dec 2020

When you go into the Control Surface I take it the P1 has green ticks for it? (are other instruments working?)
Both Nektar and the mappings you downloaded include Europa (note I can't remember what from the suite has been mapped as I don't use those instruments that much) so that is a weird one.
Thank you for your reply.

Yes, it has a green tick. I opened the remotemap file and and Europa is mapped. It seems like it doesn't load the file.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

10 Dec 2020

These are the last few things that were mapped do any of them work?
Note for the Effects and players to show you have to click on the midi focus tab thingee..

Scope Propellerhead Software se.propellerheads.QuadNoteGenerator
Scope Propellerhead Software se.propellerheads.Quartet
Scope Propellerhead Software se.propellerheads.MasterCompressor
Scope Propellerhead Software se.propellerheads.ChannelDynamics
Scope Propellerhead Software se.propellerheads.ChannelEQ
Scope Propellerhead Software se.propellerheads.Sweeper
Scope UVI vst.UVIW.UVIWorkstationVSTx64
Scope UVI vst.Flcn.FalconVSTx64
Scope Propellerhead Software se.propellerheads.BeatMap
Scope Synapse Audio vst.DNE3.DUNE 3
Scope Andrew Russell net.andrewrussell.DualCV
Scope Ekssperimental Sounds se.ekssperimentalsounds.ES400
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (31.38 KiB) Viewed 22697 times

IamFredrik

11 Dec 2020

None of them works. I just get the no mapping screen. Older RE's works like thor and subtractor. I've double checked the file and I can see mappings for the RE's, but no go.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

11 Dec 2020

IamFredrik wrote:
11 Dec 2020
None of them works. I just get the no mapping screen. Older RE's works like thor and subtractor. I've double checked the file and I can see mappings for the RE's, but no go.
Can you do a print-screen of C:\ProgramData\Propellerhead Software\Remote\Maps\Nektar

Do you have any Nektar stuff here "C:\Program Files\Propellerhead\Reason Suite 11\Remote\DefaultMaps"

IamFredrik

11 Dec 2020

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
11 Dec 2020
IamFredrik wrote:
11 Dec 2020
Can you do a print-screen of C:\ProgramData\Propellerhead Software\Remote\Maps\Nektar

Do you have any Nektar stuff here "C:\Program Files\Propellerhead\Reason Suite 11\Remote\DefaultMaps"
First of all, thank you for all your help!

I was about to take a screenshot of my C:\ProgramData\Propellerhead Software\Remote\Maps\Nektar directory when I saw I had saved my orginal remotemap in a folder called backup in that directory. I deleted it and now it works!

Again, thank you for your help!

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

11 Dec 2020

IamFredrik wrote:
11 Dec 2020
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
11 Dec 2020

I was about to take a screenshot of my C:\ProgramData\Propellerhead Software\Remote\Maps\Nektar directory when I saw I had saved my orginal remotemap in a folder called backup in that directory. I deleted it and now it works!

Excellent, glad you are working, there is a note to say not to backup in place and this was also a reason I wanted to see a screenshot, it has caught me out many a time as I work with different version etc. so you are not alone on that one :)

IamFredrik

11 Dec 2020

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
11 Dec 2020
IamFredrik wrote:
11 Dec 2020

Excellent, glad you are working, there is a note to say not to backup in place and this was also a reason I wanted to see a screenshot, it has caught me out many a time as I work with different version etc. so you are not alone on that one :)
Now that you say that it rings a bell :)

polysix

12 Dec 2020

Hello Carly,

thanks a lot for your help !!! :)

here is the link to the zip opsession info file ...

obession info file (zip)
https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApsQ2IuYQrCUuiqy7BU ... U?e=L0OgNx

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

12 Dec 2020

polysix wrote:
12 Dec 2020
Hello Carly,

obession info file (zip)
That link wants me to enter a password.
You can just attach the zipped file to a message here..

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (60.56 KiB) Viewed 22654 times

polysix

12 Dec 2020

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
12 Dec 2020
polysix wrote:
12 Dec 2020
Hello Carly,

obession info file (zip)

Capture.JPG
Ohhh...o.k Thank you verry much :idea:
Attachments
Obsession Remote Info.zip
(1004 Bytes) Downloaded 376 times

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

12 Dec 2020

polysix wrote:
12 Dec 2020
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
12 Dec 2020

Capture.JPG
Are you sure it's not this remote? "Parts Mode"

polysix

13 Dec 2020

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
12 Dec 2020
polysix wrote:
12 Dec 2020

Carly... your are so right :) yes it is! In the remote overview in reason there is no arrow to parts mode (only Parts A/B Mix) that make me confuse. The Obsession is so a great sounding synth. A lot of warmneth and "real" anlaog feeling.

I take a look if I can manage an excel file :D

Carly, i have a other question. If i use your nektar maps i can not use the sequencer in the redrum wich Netar tech brings with her script... do i something wrong???

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

13 Dec 2020

polysix wrote:
13 Dec 2020
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
12 Dec 2020

Carly... your are so right :) yes it is! In the remote overview in reason there is no arrow to parts mode (only Parts A/B Mix) that make me confuse. The Obsession is so a great sounding synth. A lot of warmneth and "real" anlaog feeling.

Carly, i have a other question. If i use your nektar maps i can not use the sequencer in the redrum wich Netar tech brings with her script... do i something wrong???
I'll take a look later at the ReDrum however it should be the same mapping so it should be working, maybe they made an update due to a firmware change, that's the only thought coming to mind...

FYI the arrow's don't have to be next the control which you now know :)
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (123.63 KiB) Viewed 23559 times

polysix

14 Dec 2020

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
13 Dec 2020
polysix wrote:
13 Dec 2020

I'll take a look later at the ReDrum however it should be the same mapping so it should be working, maybe they made an update due to a firmware change, that's the only thought coming to mind...

FYI the arrow's don't have to be next the control which you now know :)

Capture.JPG
I'm looking too. I hope I do not make a mistake from my side.

polysix

15 Dec 2020

Hi Carly,

today i take a look but the redrum sequncer does not work on my Nektar. I download the last remotemap from your Dropbox and all works well. But the Redrum looks diffrent on my Nektar p4 Display it looks like a older Version befor the integration from Nektar comes.
The internal sequncer is missing to record like a Tr808 with the buttons on the P4.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

15 Dec 2020

polysix wrote:
15 Dec 2020
Hi Carly,

today i take a look but the redrum sequncer does not work on my Nektar. I download the last remotemap from your Dropbox and all works well. But the Redrum looks diffrent on my Nektar p4 Display it looks like a older Version befor the integration from Nektar comes.
The internal sequncer is missing to record like a Tr808 with the buttons on the P4.
Hi,

I have uploaded a new P1 (and P4/P6) mapping files, should be good now, the mappings for the ReDrum was totally different. Looks like at some point they have changed it, the last lot of merging (which was done back in July 2019) I only looked for new mappings they had which I did not, the last merge before that was a full merge and I remember it took a week to sort out as there are 1000's of mappings and 100's of conflicts that had to be sorted manually, I also remember adding a source so it would be quicker in the future but I have not made use of that LOL. When I find time I will have a closer look to see if any other mappings have changed etc.

Thanks for pointing this out and your help as you saved me a lot of leg work..

Regards

• Information