[Poll] So, are you getting Reason 11 Standard, Suite or not upgrading?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.

Are you upgrading to Reason 11 Standard or Suite?

11 Standard
33%
11 Suite
27%
I'm not upgrading
40%

Total votes: 218
MrFigg
Competition Winner

26 Aug 2019

Lempface wrote:
26 Aug 2019
SalvadorDeluxe wrote:
26 Aug 2019

Scratch that... Mattias already said that the Suite is "as is". Dang.
I find this a bit silly. I'm absolutely floored with this offer, let me spell it out for ya!

Scenic Hybrid Instrument $??.??
Complex-1 Modular Synth $99.99
Umpf Club Drums + Umpf Retro Beats $139.99
Reason Electric Bass $99.99
Reason Drum Kits $99.99
Processed Pianos $99.99
Layers Wave Edition + Layers $149.99
Parsec Spectral Synthesizer $119.99
Radical Keys $99.99
Polar Dual Pitch Shifter $69.99
Rotor Rotary Speaker $49.99
PolyStep Sequencer $69.99
Quad Note Generator $69.99
Drum Sequencer $69.99

Total value > $1239.87
Priced at: $120.00

I only have Drum Sequencer, so for me, this is just an absolute no-brainer of delightfulness and I wouldn't be even slightly disappointed if they didn't add to it, as you proclaimed.. "dang!" eeeeeek
Glad for you man. Really I am. And I'd be glad for me too if I was in a similar position. I guess the people that spent, as you said, a total of €1239.87 on those devices already are not so glad. I know you can't please all the people all of the time but...hmmm
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

ShelLuser

26 Aug 2019

boingy wrote:
26 Aug 2019
ShelLuser wrote:
26 Aug 2019

I upgraded to 10 just last weekend, and also bought myself some extra goodies, so I'm not really anxious to upgrade again.
The good news is that the grace period started on Aug 1st so you will get R11 for free when it launches.
That only applies to new purchases as far as I know, not upgrades.

I stand corrected :puf_bigsmile:

Oh dear, this is going to be an exciting month!
Last edited by ShelLuser on 26 Aug 2019, edited 1 time in total.
--- :reason:

Lempface

26 Aug 2019

MrFigg wrote:
26 Aug 2019
Lempface wrote:
26 Aug 2019

I find this a bit silly. I'm absolutely floored with this offer, let me spell it out for ya!

Scenic Hybrid Instrument $??.??
Complex-1 Modular Synth $99.99
Umpf Club Drums + Umpf Retro Beats $139.99
Reason Electric Bass $99.99
Reason Drum Kits $99.99
Processed Pianos $99.99
Layers Wave Edition + Layers $149.99
Parsec Spectral Synthesizer $119.99
Radical Keys $99.99
Polar Dual Pitch Shifter $69.99
Rotor Rotary Speaker $49.99
PolyStep Sequencer $69.99
Quad Note Generator $69.99
Drum Sequencer $69.99

Total value > $1239.87
Priced at: $120.00

I only have Drum Sequencer, so for me, this is just an absolute no-brainer of delightfulness and I wouldn't be even slightly disappointed if they didn't add to it, as you proclaimed.. "dang!" eeeeeek
Glad for you man. Really I am. And I'd be glad for me too if I was in a similar position. I guess the people that spent, as you said, a total of €1239.87 on those devices already are not so glad. I know you can't please all the people all of the time but...hmmm
I get it, but those folks have also gotten to use those devices much earlier than I will get to. I'm a bit in the same boat but for a bigger chunk of change. Got a new Honda Accord Touring in April and the summer sale APR is more than 2 points less than what I got, so I'll end up paying a couple thousand more in interest than if I would have waited a few months.. It happens.
Reason 11 Suite | Bitwig Studio 3 | Native Instruments Komplete 13 Ultimate Collector's | Komplete Kontrol M32 | Maschine Mikro MK2 | Maschine Jam

Ahornberg

26 Aug 2019

Although I own a lot of REs, upgrading to Suite will save me more than $300.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

26 Aug 2019

Lempface wrote:
26 Aug 2019

I get it, but those folks have also gotten to use those devices much earlier than I will get to. I'm a bit in the same boat but for a bigger chunk of change. Got a new Honda Accord Touring in April and the summer sale APR is more than 2 points less than what I got, so I'll end up paying a couple thousand more in interest than if I would have waited a few months.. It happens.
If I had an RE for every time I heard that argument :). There's people who bought those two new players and the piano a matter of months ago but, well yeah, I guess they got a couple of months of them more than you. Hmmm.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Lempface

26 Aug 2019

MrFigg wrote:
26 Aug 2019
Lempface wrote:
26 Aug 2019

If I had an RE for every time I heard that argument :). There's people who bought those two new players and the piano a matter of months ago but, well yeah, I guess they got a couple of months of them more than you. Hmmm.
The argument that things should never go on sale or be added to bundles because it might offend people that paid full price is pretty bogus too. It's business, it happens.

EDIT: You also cherry picked a device that was released recently but ignored the many devices that have been available for, in some cases, years...
Reason 11 Suite | Bitwig Studio 3 | Native Instruments Komplete 13 Ultimate Collector's | Komplete Kontrol M32 | Maschine Mikro MK2 | Maschine Jam

MrFigg
Competition Winner

26 Aug 2019

Lempface wrote:
26 Aug 2019
MrFigg wrote:
26 Aug 2019

The argument that things should never go on sale or be added to bundles because it might offend people that paid full price is pretty bogus too. It's business, it happens.

EDIT: You also cherry picked a device that was released recently but ignored the many devices that have been available for, in some cases, years...
Ok :). Enjoy.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Loque

26 Aug 2019

Lempface wrote:
26 Aug 2019
MrFigg wrote:
26 Aug 2019

You guys noticed what happened on Plugin-Alliance? The sad guy who paid full prices for all devices probably hung himself on next tree after subscription announcement and personal offers...
Reason12, Win10

MrFigg
Competition Winner

26 Aug 2019

Loque wrote:
26 Aug 2019
Lempface wrote:
26 Aug 2019

You guys noticed what happened on Plugin-Alliance? The sad guy who paid full prices for all devices probably hung himself on next tree after subscription announcement and personal offers...
I know Loque. I just couldn’t be bothered engaging. I’ve heard both sides so many times before since the PUF. It was easier to leave it at an ok and a smiley face. Everybody happy.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Lempface

26 Aug 2019

MrFigg wrote:
26 Aug 2019
Loque wrote:
26 Aug 2019

I know Loque. I just couldn’t be bothered engaging. I’ve heard both sides so many times before since the PUF. It was easier to leave it at an ok and a smiley face. Everybody happy.
Just interested in your side is all. To me, it's a vote with your wallet thing. Could companies earn some goodwill by offering something to customers that paid full price? Sure, but they obviously aren't required to. If you're that irked, vote with your wallet?

MrFigg
Competition Winner

26 Aug 2019

Lempface wrote:
26 Aug 2019
MrFigg wrote:
26 Aug 2019

Just interested in your side is all. To me, it's a vote with your wallet thing. Could companies earn some goodwill by offering something to customers that paid full price? Sure, but they obviously aren't required to. If you're that irked, vote with your wallet?
I’m not irked. I accepted it as it is and moved on a long time ago. There’s nothing in this upgrade I’m interested in but I am glad for those people who do get something out of it. I’ve got all the REs I want. So as I said, I’m happy and I’m glad you are too :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

ksniod

26 Aug 2019

If buying Suite, i'm wondering if the included synths and effects are just REs packed with Reason or are bound to it.

What i mean is : if i upgrade to Reason 11 Suite and then, in a couple of years, upgrade only to Reason 12 "standard", will i lose the REs i got with 11 Suite or will there be just like my other REs in my PH account (and then still usable with Rack VST in other daws) ?

Lempface

26 Aug 2019

ksniod wrote:
26 Aug 2019
If buying Suite, i'm wondering if the included synths and effects are just REs packed with Reason or are bound to it.

What i mean is : if i upgrade to Reason 11 Suite and then, in a couple of years, upgrade only to Reason 12 "standard", will i lose the REs i got with 11 Suite or will there be just like my other REs in my PH account (and then still usable with Rack VST in other daws) ?
I thought about this too. I really think the only thing they can do is not allow you to upgrade suite to regular but keep the upgrade price the same. So if its $150 to go from standard ver X to ver Y then it should be $150 to go from suite ver X to ver Y. Any other implementation would be problematic.

fieldframe
RE Developer

26 Aug 2019

ksniod wrote:
26 Aug 2019

I’d like to see some clarification on this too. Is Suite basically a one-time RE bundle, and I can just upgrade to Reason 12 Standard if I don’t care for the new REs in Reason 12 Suite?

ksniod

26 Aug 2019

ah and, if they're bound to Reason Suite, would it be transferable if selling Reason or would i still own them in PH account ?

nbot

26 Aug 2019

Anybody knows if there’s any upgrade path to Reason Intro from Reason 10 Lite?

boingy

26 Aug 2019

nbot wrote:
26 Aug 2019
I wouldn't have thought so as Reason Lite is essentially free to anyone with an iPhone/iPad (via Reason Compact).

Zac

26 Aug 2019

nbot wrote:
26 Aug 2019
I'd like to know too!

diminished
Competition Winner

26 Aug 2019

And.. what are the limitations of R11Intro in the context of using it as a VST?
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

boingy

26 Aug 2019

diminished wrote:
26 Aug 2019
Jus been looking at that. Almost nothing. It's missing some of the core instruments and effects but most of the other restrictions relate to track count and stuff plus (the now dead) rewire.

If you just want a VST plugin rack that runs REs Intro will do it. Of course, anyone with Reason "full" cannot downgrade to Intro. You could buy it on another account but then you'd lose the (non-transferable) REs.

diminished
Competition Winner

26 Aug 2019

boingy wrote:
26 Aug 2019
diminished wrote:
26 Aug 2019
Jus been looking at that. Almost nothing. It's missing some of the core instruments and effects but most of the other restrictions relate to track count and stuff plus (the now dead) rewire.

If you just want a VST plugin rack that runs REs Intro will do it. Of course, anyone with Reason "full" cannot downgrade to Intro. You could buy it on another account but then you'd lose the (non-transferable) REs.
You cannot downgrade, but you can upgrade. I have both Full and Lite in my account...
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

nbot

26 Aug 2019

boingy wrote:
26 Aug 2019
nbot wrote:
26 Aug 2019
I wouldn't have thought so as Reason Lite is essentially free to anyone with an iPhone/iPad (via Reason Compact).
Cool, thanks!

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

26 Aug 2019

Loque wrote:
26 Aug 2019
For everyone who did not know Scenic:
Scenic Hybrid Instrument
New instrument: Scenic Hybrid Instrument is a cinematic dream machine of atmospheric sounds and powerful performance controls. Scenic is included in Reason Suite and will also be sold separately on its release on September 25.
Now there's a design that says "I'll finish this up next week".

As with ReHashed Pianos, apart from basically reworking Native Instruments designs, those LEDs kill it, because they're old SDK1 style LEDs, and they just don't fit the flat non-skeu design of the rest of it. They look like they're from a different device. :/
Last edited by JiggeryPokery on 26 Aug 2019, edited 2 times in total.

boingy

26 Aug 2019

nbot wrote:
26 Aug 2019
boingy wrote:
26 Aug 2019

Cool, thanks!
Just checked. According to the shop there is an upgrade from Lite and Intro to Full but not from Lite to Intro.

It seems slightly unfair that iPhone users can get a free version of Lite then save $60 on an upgrade to full compared with us poor Android users but, hey.

nbot

26 Aug 2019

boingy wrote:
26 Aug 2019
nbot wrote:
26 Aug 2019

Cool, thanks!
Just checked. According to the shop there is an upgrade from Lite and Intro to Full but not from Lite to Intro.

It seems slightly unfair that iPhone users can get a free version of Lite then save $60 on an upgrade to full compared with us poor Android users but, hey.
Yeah, makes sense. I’ll buy Intro 11 then

• Information