To celebrate the release of the Virtual Bassist Rack Extensions: Royal (all-purpose pop and rock bass), Mellow (soulful modern double bass), and Rowdy (rough and driven picked rock bass), UJAM and ReasonTalk are proud to announce the Virtual Bassist competition! Compose a song spotlighting these new members of the Virtual band and demonstrate your ability to push these instruments to the max for a chance to win them and more! Ten lucky winners total!
1st prize: Virtual Bassist Bundle + Beatmaker Bundle + a story feature
2nd – 5th: Virtual Bassist Bundle OR Beatmaker Bundle
6th – 10th: The choice of any one Virtual Bassist or Beatmaker RE
The rules are simple: showcase one or more of the UJAM Virtual Bassist Rack Extensions in your original song.
Use them in ways in which you feel might be intended and/or get creative! Use them in player mode utilizing the countless included rhythms or take full control in instrument mode…or both! It’s up to you!
- 10 winners with no cash alternative.
- Only one entry per participant.
- Your song must be at least 2 minutes long.
- You must submit the isolated bass track along with the song.
- Song challenge begins Tuesday, April 16, 2019.
- Song challenge ends Monday, May 6 @ 11:59 pm Stockholm/Bremen time.
- After the closing date, you are not allowed to resubmit/replace your entry. Any resubmissions or alterations will result in disqualification.
- All entrants, when requested, must be prepared to provide evidence that the rules have been adhered to. This includes providing a copy of the Reason song file to verify.
- Judges’ decision is final.
- Any and all REs from the Virtual Bassist series: Royal, Rowdy, and Mellow for all bass sounds.
- Download the trial versions of these devices here: Royal, Mellow and Rowdy.
- Any recorded live instruments and vocals, aside from bass.
- Any other non-bass sounds and samples, including synths, sample-based instruments, sampled vocals, drums, etc.
- Effects: Any native Reason device, Rack Extension, or VST.
- Utility: Any native Reason device, Rack Extension, or VST.
- Players: All Player devices are allowed.
- Any bass that is not part of the Virtual Bassist series.
- Copyrighted material.
- Remixes or cover songs.
- Email links to your full song and isolated bass track along with your Propellerhead username to email@example.com.
- Also, please post links to your song and isolated bass tracks in this thread (i.e. one link for the full song, one link for the bass track). To export only the bass in an audio file, use “Bounce Mixer Channels” in the File Menu. You can leave effects on. Post both links in the thread, in the same post.
- Please include in the description of your song what you are using from the Virtual Bassist series.
- We will update the first post to include each song entry (this confirms that your song was accepted).
- After submitting your song you should not alter it anymore. Once submitted, please don’t change the privacy setting of your song (private/public) as this would invalidate your link.
Since the intro price offer ends before the competition is completed, all participants, should they not win, will have an opportunity to purchase the Virtual Bassists at a special extended intro price offer.
Let the bass battle begin!