Announcing the UJAM / ReasonTalk Virtual Bassist Competition!

Great fun, great prizes! Good luck!
Desmondblack
Competition Winner

22 Apr 2019

crazy stuff, every time I come on this forum I am so impressed by the quality of music here! :? :o bit intimidated to get going on my track now!
Imaginary191 wrote:
22 Apr 2019
Hello. My first post here. I'm visiting this forum regularly since I bought Reason half a year ago. Helped me a lot with various questions.

Here is my entry. I used 2 instances of Virtual Bassist Mellow. Other instruments: Beatmaker DOPE, LABS Strings, LABS Cello, LABS E Piano, AAS Strum Session 2, Radical Piano, Thor, Europa, Grain, Rostnomo. Kong.

Bass only:
Can't produce in the bedroom - people are sleeping there!

Desmondblack
Competition Winner

22 Apr 2019

Loque wrote:
21 Apr 2019
Here is my entry. I tried to play the bass a bit and it's a bit more rocky poppy, so please do not slap me for my first tries.

I used "Melow" for the main bass part, "Royal" for a topping and Rowdy for the guitar-like part. The e-guitar like stuff comes form a pretty bad programmed Europa patch and some amps. The vocal i had laying around here.

you got this on "LoqueDown"... cool track!

aeox
Competition Winner

22 Apr 2019

Desmondblack
Competition Winner

22 Apr 2019

what am I going to do now? you killed it! wow!
aeox wrote:
22 Apr 2019

joeyluck

22 Apr 2019

Desmondblack wrote:
22 Apr 2019
crazy stuff, every time I come on this forum I am so impressed by the quality of music here! :? :o bit intimidated to get going on my track now!
Lots of chances to win and fun to have along the way :puf_smile:

mcatalao
Competition Winner

22 Apr 2019

MrFigg wrote:
21 Apr 2019
mcatalao wrote:
18 Apr 2019
Hi!

Here're my participation on the contest.

(...)
Hope you like it!
MC
I really like this :). Excellent :).
Thanks!
Glad you like it.

rare_shadow
Competition Winner

23 Apr 2019

Thanks for the competition, UJAM!
The sound of the virtual bassist REs is excellent and I also really like the UI design. It's clean and stylish.

I'm using the mellow bass in phrygian scale. The rest of the track are all samples taken from the Reason libraries. No synths, no other REs, no VSTs.

Bass track:

Great entries, folks!

Edit:
I had so much fun with mellow bass that I wrote another song with it. Of course this one is not participating in the competition.

Last edited by rare_shadow on 03 May 2019, edited 1 time in total.

AS7RO

27 Apr 2019

Using Royal, I went for a very boomy bass, as I wanted it to fill up the room though may have over done it a bit :mrgreen:
Why are you reading this?

Desmondblack
Competition Winner

27 Apr 2019

Allright, here we go! Please find my entries below. Three bass tracks in total, using the "A jazzy thing" patch from the "Mellow", the "Bass of Regret" of the Rowdy and the "Melody Bass" from the Rowdy. I had fun with it, think it has a nice groove, looking forward to hearing your thoughts!
Tx
DZM

gavh
Competition Winner

03 May 2019

I registered an account just to post this. It's my first time publishing any sort of music so go easy!

I set myself a challenge to only use the UJAM Royal instrument plus stock effects. No extra instruments or samples. I took some samples from Royal and fed them into Grain to create the percussion sounds, and used Polar, The Echo and Scream to get some different sounds. Hope you like it!

Track:

Bass parts only (which is everything except the Grain parts):

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

03 May 2019

Can you clarify this rule

"What you must use in your song:
Any AND all REs from the Virtual Bassist series: Royal, Rowdy, and Mellow for all bass sounds."

Was not sure if that should have have been an OR as the AND to me means you have to use all 3 devices in your track.

Swedish Dude
Competition Winner

03 May 2019

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
03 May 2019

Any AND all REs from the Virtual Bassist series: Royal, Rowdy, and Mellow for all bass sounds."

Was not sure if that should have have been an OR as the AND to me means you have to use all 3 devices in your track.
You only have to use one.
The rules are simple: showcase one or more of the UJAM Virtual Bassist Rack Extensions in your original song.

mcatalao
Competition Winner

03 May 2019

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
03 May 2019
(...)

That has got me in trouble more than a couple of times in real life... :D :lol:

joeyluck

03 May 2019

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
03 May 2019

Sorry for the wording. That's under what you may use.

The main rule is: "showcase one or more of the UJAM Virtual Bassist Rack Extensions in your original song."

Swedish Dude
Competition Winner

03 May 2019

Bass used - Virtual Bassist MELLOW with preset Harmless Walking.

Guitar part at one minute in is Virtual Bassist ROWDY with low cut.

I started this project with the bass. I found a nice rhythmic bass I liked from Mellow and went on to add other instruments from there. In the middle of this project I tried Arcade out so all the vocals are from there.

Great job everybody so far :)

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

03 May 2019

Poohbear is in the house bringing happyness and joy...

If nothing else I hope this puts a smile on your face....

I've put the band back together.... :lol:

Title: Summertime iJam uJam We Jam

Bass Only

Used the Royal and Rowdy...

Having fun :D

The PoohBear...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tips & Tutorial's viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7503909
PoohBears Reason Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqCNsA ... p4cQF4j-8A
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Soundcloud Page ....... Nektar Mappings
Last edited by Carly(Poohbear) on 03 May 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

03 May 2019

mcatalao wrote:
03 May 2019
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
03 May 2019
(...)

That has got me in trouble more than a couple of times in real life... :D :lol:
It's the programer inside of me what does it, I should have know better as the sentence did not start with a IF staement.... LOL

Boombastix
Competition Winner

03 May 2019

Hello, I used ROYAL and cooked up a mid tempo soulful R&B-ish groove. Extensive use of Style Phrase variations and the Force and Damp to make the bass come alive, but there are single notes played in there as well. I hope you can hear the private links on Soundcloud.
SONG:

BASS:
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

VariableX

04 May 2019

All your songs are awesome!

Can anyone tell me what this means please?

" Once submitted, please don’t change the privacy setting of your song (private/public) as this would invalidate your link."

i have no idea!

joeyluck

04 May 2019

fretshot7 wrote:
04 May 2019

" Once submitted, please don’t change the privacy setting of your song (private/public) as this would invalidate your link."

i have no idea!
Hey fretshot7!

This is in regards to sharing your song and isolated bass track for streaming... When you post on soundcloud/youtube, etc. as either public or private and then change those privacy settings after submitting, the link will change as well and then the judges will no longer be able to hear your song with the link you initially submitted.

VariableX

04 May 2019

joeyluck wrote:
04 May 2019
fretshot7 wrote:
04 May 2019

i have no idea!
Hey fretshot7!

This is in regards to sharing your song and isolated bass track for streaming... When you post on soundcloud/youtube, etc. as either public or private and then change those privacy settings after submitting, the link will change as well and then the judges will no longer be able to hear your song with the link you initially submitted.
Hey thanks! I was thinking there must be some setting in Reason or something. Thats cleared it up cheers 😀

VariableX

04 May 2019

Here is my entry.
No idea of the genre, electronic music i guess 😀

Used Rowdy – Recking Bass, twiddled the knobs a little 😊 Played it straight then adjusted the midi i created to my liking.

Song:

Bass:

Grumbleweed
Competition Winner

05 May 2019

So Grumbleweed came out of hibernation and made this using the Rowdy bass, some VSTs, an Ibanez and a Line 6 guitars and a Loopmaster female techno vocal that got twisted into a male rock vocal!!!
Made nice and short so not to outstay their welcome :lol:

Hope someone likes it and good luck to all involved, and thanks to the guys doing this competition as it is good to have something to get the juices flowing again.

Grum.

Edit:
I don't know what Soundcloud has done to the bass only track - there appears to be some strange artefacts in places - the source track sounds fine and dandy so please ignore any odd sounds - it wasn't me :o :oops:

Deerstetmusic

05 May 2019

Here we go, my entry to this contest. . Still, after having heard the other ones, i might have better saved my time :o :o :lol: :lol:

Melody Double using Beach Toys

Bass using East Coast

• Information