Offline authorization will be discontinued for R11 and earlier - This is serious

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
anDre
Posts: 61
Joined: 17 Apr 2019

Post 01 Jul 2023

crimsonwarlock wrote:
01 Jul 2023
However, here no blurry fonts in 11 suite
Yes, i don't have it in Reason 11 either, like i wrote. :?

To be honest i don't see any point in discussing this further with you as you obviously aren't reading my posts properly or you twisting them, maybe intentionally, i don't know but this leads to nothing and is no help at all.
crimsonwarlock wrote:
01 Jul 2023
Bugs tend to hit more than one user, so how many users have confirmed your problem?
I don't know how many have confirmed it as a problem or bug, not even i've opened a support ticket for it. I saw a few people have the same blurry fonts but you know some are not bothered by the problem or do not perceive it as such, when i first mentioned the sample editor bug here, it was the same. Funnily enough, when i was at the Superbooth, the bug could be seen on one of the RS laptops they were showing Object on.

Since the moderator has already warned us against posting more off-topic posts here, we should leave it at that.
To me it's probably a bug and for you it is configuration issue or whatever.

User avatar
crimsonwarlock
Posts: 2467
Joined: 06 Nov 2021
Location: ##########

Post 01 Jul 2023

anDre wrote:
01 Jul 2023
To be honest i don't see any point in discussing this further with you as you obviously aren't reading my posts properly or you twisting them, maybe intentionally, i don't know but this leads to nothing and is no help at all.
Seriously? You say there is a bug, and said that I can't confirm it here. You react to my inclusion of R11, but conveniently don't react to me stating that I have no blurry fonts with R12 at 100% zoom. I also confirmed for you that I don't have this problem even though I'm running an Nvidia GeForce card.
anDre wrote:
01 Jul 2023
...not even i've opened a support ticket for it.
So, you think it's a bug, but you won't submit a ticket for it :shock:

You are right, no need to discuss this further because, well... yeah :thumbup:
-------
Reached the breaking-point. CrimsonWarlock has left the forum.

anDre
Posts: 61
Joined: 17 Apr 2019

Post 01 Jul 2023

crimsonwarlock wrote:
01 Jul 2023
Seriously? You say there is a bug, and said that I can't confirm it here. You react to my inclusion of R11, but conveniently don't react to me stating that I have no blurry fonts with R12 at 100% zoom. I also confirmed for you that I don't have this problem even though I'm running an Nvidia GeForce card.
It's good for you that you don't have blurry fonts and good to know that your Nvidia card are not causing the problem.
Of course i don't react to that, that goes without saying, i'm only reacting to what i think you may have misunderstood.

Because you can't confirm it, it can't be a bug? Is this what you mean? :?
crimsonwarlock wrote:
01 Jul 2023
So, you think it's a bug, but you won't submit a ticket for it :shock:
Yes, not yet. Unbelievable i know. :-)

User avatar
crimsonwarlock
Posts: 2467
Joined: 06 Nov 2021
Location: ##########

Post 01 Jul 2023

anDre wrote:
01 Jul 2023
Because you can't confirm it, it can't be a bug? Is this what you mean? :?
Any idea how bugs are solved? Firstly, to solve a bug, it needs to be reproducible. Secondly, confirming a bug is NOT present on specific setups helps to narrow down the scope for a possible cause and subsequently a solution. And yes, the fewer users can confirm it, the higher the chance that it is a configuration issue. Mind you, a config issue can still mean it's a bug, but one that only hits very specific configs. Narrowing down helps.

Now, go submit that ticket :puf_wink:
-------
Reached the breaking-point. CrimsonWarlock has left the forum.

User avatar
challism
Moderator
Posts: 4687
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Fanboy Shill, Boomertown

Post 01 Jul 2023

DaveyG wrote:
01 Jul 2023
challism wrote:
01 Jul 2023
w̶h̶y̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶b̶e̶l̶i̶e̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶E̶a̶r̶t̶h̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶f̶l̶a̶t̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶w̶e̶ ̶n̶e̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶w̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶o̶n̶
I'd never really thought about these two blatantly obvious truths at the same time. I mean, if the earth is flat then the moon must also be flat, which means it is facing us. So trying to land there is never going to work, you'll just keep banging your head on it. :crazy:
You could also never get to the moon because you would crash into the dome. Duh!
DaveyG wrote:
01 Jul 2023
... all the significant bugs have now been sorted and the important roadmap stuff is also done. It took them far too long and releasing it in that state was unforgivable but they are pretty much where they need to be in terms of bug squashing. :thumbup:
Agreed
DaveyG wrote:
01 Jul 2023
Anyway, roll on R13, hopefully with something that lights my fire, baby.
I made this mashup for you Davey. You are inspirational.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

User avatar
plaamook
Posts: 2594
Joined: 22 Jan 2015
Location: Bajo del mar...

Post 02 Jul 2023

There may be a better thread for this but….
I’m trialing Objekt and I no longer need to log in every time I open Reason to do it.
So, yeah…things are changing. For better and maybe for worse. But changing.
Hold the line lads.
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

RobBarnett
Posts: 124
Joined: 15 Jul 2015
Location: Wirral, UK

Post 10 Jul 2023

I have sold my R12 licence but had to install Codemeter to authorize then de-authotrize both my computer and ignition key, before the licence transfer tick box appeared (then de-install Codemeter). If RS are trying to deprecate the use of Codemeter, this needs to be sorted and instructions on Licence Transfer need updating.

User avatar
ljekio
Posts: 963
Joined: 21 Jan 2015

Post 10 Jul 2023

anDre wrote:
01 Jul 2023

It's good for you that you don't have blurry fonts and good to know that your Nvidia card are not causing the problem.
Of course i don't react to that, that goes without saying, i'm only reacting to what i think you may have misunderstood.

I have blurry fonts in 12 too.
Without Nvidia, only at intel integral video

User avatar
Loque
Moderator
Posts: 11246
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 10 Jul 2023

ljekio wrote:
10 Jul 2023
anDre wrote:
01 Jul 2023

It's good for you that you don't have blurry fonts and good to know that your Nvidia card are not causing the problem.
Of course i don't react to that, that goes without saying, i'm only reacting to what i think you may have misunderstood.

I have blurry fonts in 12 too.
Without Nvidia, only at intel integral video
I had this problem only with OS scaling different then 100%.

If you have a repro scenario, file a ticket at RS Homepage.
Reason12, Win10

User avatar
dmitrijsorokin
Posts: 54
Joined: 07 Dec 2021

Post 11 Jul 2023

I also have blurry and gray fonts, like I'm having vision problems at 100% scale.
11-12.png
This is independent of the hardware, as since the release of version 12, I upgraded the computer, and also tried it on a laptop.
This manifests itself on any hardware and does not depend on the video card and driver version: AMD, Intel, Nvdia.
It also does not depend on the version of Windows, because I have updated and reinstalled Windows more than once.

On the left - half of Reason 11, on the right - half Reason 12.
It must be viewed in the original resolution 1920 * 1080 (open the image in a separate window).

Image
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
EverybodyNeedsA303
Posts: 9
Joined: 26 Jun 2023

Post 11 Jul 2023

dmitrijsorokin wrote:
11 Jul 2023
I also have blurry and gray fonts, like I'm having vision problems at 100% scale.

11-12.png

This is independent of the hardware, as since the release of version 12, I upgraded the computer, and also tried it on a laptop.
This manifests itself on any hardware and does not depend on the video card and driver version: AMD, Intel, Nvdia.
It also does not depend on the version of Windows, because I have updated and reinstalled Windows more than once.

On the left - half of Reason 11, on the right - half Reason 12.
It must be viewed in the original resolution 1920 * 1080 (open the image in a separate window).

Image
They seem to mostly use Macs at Reason Studios and Reason 12 was all about making it look good on the Retina screens. I imagine testing 100% zoom standard DPI was far down on their list of priorities, especially on Windows devices which never seem to have supported HiDPI as well as Macs at a software level anyway.

Good luck getting RS to fix this bug.

mind2069
Posts: 150
Joined: 21 Jan 2015

Post 11 Jul 2023

dmitrijsorokin wrote:
11 Jul 2023
I also have blurry and gray fonts, like I'm having vision problems at 100% scale.

11-12.png

This is independent of the hardware, as since the release of version 12, I upgraded the computer, and also tried it on a laptop.
This manifests itself on any hardware and does not depend on the video card and driver version: AMD, Intel, Nvdia.
It also does not depend on the version of Windows, because I have updated and reinstalled Windows more than once.

On the left - half of Reason 11, on the right - half Reason 12.
It must be viewed in the original resolution 1920 * 1080 (open the image in a separate window).

Image
Same here, I complained about this right away a while ago upon installing Reason 12 with comparison images and people seemed fine with the blurriness. Reason 12 on 1920 *1080 at 100% is painful to look at, I can't do it, it's like my eyes are always trying to focus, as soon as I load up Reason 11, it's like wow, everything is clear. Some stuff like shadows on the mute / solo buttons are quite awful and looks like a newbie using the shadow effect (like in photoshop) designed the thing.

I hope when I buy a 4k 3840*2160 monitor that the blurriness will be resolved

User avatar
EverybodyNeedsA303
Posts: 9
Joined: 26 Jun 2023

Post 11 Jul 2023

mind2069 wrote:
11 Jul 2023
dmitrijsorokin wrote:
11 Jul 2023
I also have blurry and gray fonts, like I'm having vision problems at 100% scale.

11-12.png

This is independent of the hardware, as since the release of version 12, I upgraded the computer, and also tried it on a laptop.
This manifests itself on any hardware and does not depend on the video card and driver version: AMD, Intel, Nvdia.
It also does not depend on the version of Windows, because I have updated and reinstalled Windows more than once.

On the left - half of Reason 11, on the right - half Reason 12.
It must be viewed in the original resolution 1920 * 1080 (open the image in a separate window).

Image
Same here, I complained about this right away a while ago upon installing Reason 12 with comparison images and people seemed fine with the blurriness. Reason 12 on 1920 *1080 at 100% is painful to look at, I can't do it, it's like my eyes are always trying to focus, as soon as I load up Reason 11, it's like wow, everything is clear. Some stuff like shadows on the mute / solo buttons are quite awful and looks like a newbie using the shadow effect (like in photoshop) designed the thing.

I hope when I buy a 4k 3840*2160 monitor that the blurriness will be resolved
Reason 12 looks rubbish on low DPI on Windows. It looks OK on low resolution Mac but not as good as Reason 11 does on the same machine. It's best if you only run Reason 12 on HiDPI.
Last edited by EverybodyNeedsA303 on 11 Jul 2023, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
plaamook
Posts: 2594
Joined: 22 Jan 2015
Location: Bajo del mar...

Post 11 Jul 2023

Reason 12 80% looks like shit on my 2012 Mac and has done since day one. W a few improvements but not many. Like there are still so many visual inconsistencies that I won’t bother listing them. I just figure one day I’ll be able to afford a new comp and they’ll all disappear.
Or not.
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

jklok
Posts: 34
Joined: 30 Oct 2021

Post 04 Aug 2023

I couldn't help but notice the change on the Reasonstudios site that there is no longer a disclaimer about termination of authorization on September 25th for older versions with codemeter? Hoping that the company has changed its mind to support users of older versions in the future here? It would make me and many other users very happy, I believe. As a 12.5 user, I can say that it works perfectly in this respect on the M1, without any crashes. And just an awesome and powerful workstation in my humble opinion. If I can register my modules with codemeter in the future, I will probably buy more rack extensions when they go on sale. This is something I usually save up for throughout the year due to an overall limited budget. Hoping for the best here. Kind regards.

User avatar
jam-s
Posts: 3092
Joined: 17 Apr 2015
Location: Aachen, Germany

Post 05 Aug 2023

Well, the original help entries still exist and have not changed (much), so I think they'll just do as announced and just shifted the focus of the website as the upgrade sale is over now.

User avatar
dmitrijsorokin
Posts: 54
Joined: 07 Dec 2021

Post 06 Aug 2023

I noticed they removed the Recycle 2.0 installer - the page is no longer available for me to download (2.1 and 2.2 only available).

It's sad that they are removing the legacy Propellerhead Software.

User avatar
bxbrkrz
Posts: 3879
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 06 Aug 2023

dmitrijsorokin wrote:
06 Aug 2023
I noticed they removed the Recycle 2.0 installer - the page is no longer available for me to download (2.1 and 2.2 only available).

It's sad that they are removing the legacy Propellerhead Software.
Is it because it's built in R13? Obi-Wan can only hope.
757365206C6F67696320746F207365656B20616E73776572732075736520726561736F6E20746F2066696E6420776973646F6D20676574206F7574206F6620796F757220636F6D666F7274207A6F6E65206F7220796F757220696E737069726174696F6E2077696C6C206372797374616C6C697A6520666F7265766572

jklok
Posts: 34
Joined: 30 Oct 2021

Post 18 Aug 2023

I understand if the company needs to improve its finances as other posters say it is currently making losses. That worries long-time users like myself in the hopes there are ways to bring costs down so part of the user base doesn't feel rushed.

My argument is that if Reason Studios suddenly out of nowhere removes Codemeter support this way, it could happen that registered users are forced out, leaving many with a product that without server access could easily become obsolete at any moment, unless , they update again to the latest version to rent the software in order to be able to use it at all in the future.

I know $20 a month isn't much for an average first world household who can easily afford multiple online subscriptions. But when you're the hungry bedroom producer/part-time digital nomad, the rental fees required to use various programs add up quickly, draining money from any savings account that could be set aside for future purchases.

At the moment I have to say that I am unsure of the direction in which the company is currently moving. I've always been a fan of the inclusive approach and support that helps users produce better music with their app. But now it looks like there will be a more exclusive approach.

It's sad for the creative spirit that seems to pop up from everywhere, whether it's made on a cracked system or not. It seems good music is everywhere, rich and poor alike. I've met many people who would only use a cracked version, thinking it's because their rebellious side would be inspired by it?

I know the developers are interested in avoiding copyright issues. But when managing the finances of a larger company, it is marginal to strike a good balance between maintaining popularity with users and a secure approach.

But now it feels like there's an Uncle Scrooge somewhere making long-term gains a problem.

This puts many people who enjoy owning their gear at risk. I suspect many new users are now using Reason as a plugin, making Codemeter complicated to use. But personally I am a big fan of the whole workstation as it has been simple and intuitive to use.

I don't mind the company moving on, but the cut in support for old users who have been registered for ages makes me suspect there may be an issue in the future.

It looks like the company is being forced in an untested direction.

Looking at Black Magic's recent rise and the sale of Avid, I see an opportunity in the hardware model. This is where Reason Studios should look to the Fairlight system, which is already the fastest editing platform out there. As a former MFX user, I can recommend going towards the fluid timeline that it is known for.

It would be a dream if a system like Reason followed the same approach in the long run. With dedicated quality hardware that becomes an integral part of the user experience. This is where I would invest my savings, in something of an updated version of what the sadly defunct Korg Mikrokontrol once was.

User avatar
Jackjackdaw
Posts: 1400
Joined: 12 Jan 2019

Post 18 Aug 2023

I don’t think anyone is going to be looking at Fairlight for a model of a sustainable future. :D

jklok
Posts: 34
Joined: 30 Oct 2021

Post 18 Aug 2023

Take a ROLAND JD-Xi design, incorporate the Fairlight design , make it as good quality as a Roland synth, incorporate an SSL SiX at a price tag below $1000. Include the software for free. sell plugins.


Image
Image
Image

User avatar
selig
RE Developer
Posts: 11881
Joined: 15 Jan 2015
Location: The NorthWoods, CT, USA

Post 18 Aug 2023

Jackjackdaw wrote:
18 Aug 2023
I don’t think anyone is going to be looking at Fairlight for a model of a sustainable future. :D
Still, not bad for a company founded in the 1970s to still be an active part of a popular application. ;)
Selig Audio, LLC

User avatar
EnochLight
Moderator
Posts: 8439
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Imladris

Post 18 Aug 2023

jklok wrote:
18 Aug 2023
incorporate the Fairlight design...
Jackjackdaw wrote:
18 Aug 2023
I don’t think anyone is going to be looking at Fairlight for a model of a sustainable future. :D
:lol: :lol: :clap:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

VT698
Posts: 6
Joined: 14 Jan 2022

Post 18 Aug 2023

Only just seen this, and I'm not entirely clear what the implications are for me. I'm sorry for my lack of understanding, but could someone advise, please?

I don't connect my PC to the internet, except for updates and downloads, and I normally run Reason (and everything else) offline. I have found numerous times in the past that constant connection to the net eventually has repercussions with the PC getting choked up and slow - and then clearing stuff tends to often cause issues in itself. I am happy to occasionally connect to the internet - as long as I don't have to be continuously connected while I am using Reason. So - am I affected by the changes mentioned in the original post?

Many thanks for any advice!

jklok
Posts: 34
Joined: 30 Oct 2021

Post 18 Aug 2023

The Fairlight is alive and well, and it's a serious alternative to the editing concept of Pro Tools and Cubase. It's a very quick system to use and was purchased by Blackmagic and integrated into the DaVinci software that everyone is switching to these days, due to free downloads and no rental fees. Hardware is still supported and evolving into a package that is gaining popularity beyond all expectations for editorial post-production. It's too expensive at the moment, but that will change, I'm sure. I would consider this design above anything else if that's the future you're looking at here. Good luck


  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 8 guests