Propellerhead Software Names Niklas Agevik as CEO

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
VariableX
Posts: 552
Joined: 02 Apr 2018

Post 25 May 2019

hurricane wrote:
24 May 2019
Apple bought Emagic and Logic is better than ever, with the original emagic team still working on it. It's the best all-around DAW, and definitely the DAW with the best value, in my opinion.
Camel Audio lives on. Alchemy 2 is a powerhouse synth. Camel Phat and Camel Space have been refreshed. More stuff coming from them soon.
Redmatica is a different story, although Autosampler is in MainStage and works amazingly well for sampling your synths.

And if you love Reason so much you'd get a Mac.
Unless you don't love Reason that much.
Which, if you don't, you might as well jump on that Cubase deal now.

https://new.steinberg.net/cubase/celebrate/
So there is no need for apple to buy Reason. They have the DAW space covered, Windows on the other hand might like to compete? If you love Reason you would sell your Mac and get a windows based computer 😀

yes i bit 😂

User avatar
hurricane
Posts: 1720
Joined: 14 Oct 2017

Post 25 May 2019

fretshot7 wrote:
25 May 2019
If you love Reason you would sell your Mac and get a windows based computer 😀

yes i bit 😂
I wouldn't get a windows pc to use "Microsoft Reason".

YUCK.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Reason 12

Ostermilk
Posts: 1520
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 25 May 2019

I'm surprised as tp why the CEO never came from one the contributors here. There's plenty of 'em to choose from... :lol:

User avatar
EnochLight
Moderator
Posts: 7293
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Useless Moderator

Post 25 May 2019

hurricane wrote:
24 May 2019
Apple bought Emagic and Logic is better than ever, with the original emagic team still working on it. It's the best all-around DAW, and definitely the DAW with the best value, in my opinion.
But... Why would Apple buy 2 DAW’s?
Win 10 | Reason 12 |  Studio 1 4.6 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | Reactor 1TB SSD | RME Babyface Pro | Panorama P-4 | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, TR-8 7x7 Expansion, MX1, JX8P, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

User avatar
hurricane
Posts: 1720
Joined: 14 Oct 2017

Post 25 May 2019

EnochLight wrote:
25 May 2019
But... Why would Apple buy 2 DAW’s?
Well, I don't think this would ever happen, but I could argue that Apple buying the Props would be the least worst option. Apple would let Reason still be Reason. I don't think I would trust anyone else.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Reason 12

ShawnG
Posts: 118
Joined: 31 Aug 2015

Post 25 May 2019

No. Just no.

Come back to me when Apple release Logic and Alchemy as cross platform products. We don’t need any more software to require the worlds most expensive dongle.

User avatar
bxbrkrz
Posts: 2636
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 25 May 2019

Giant Mega Corporations war:

Apple owns Logic.

Yamaha owns Cubase.

Korg should own PH. EDIT: Or by Behringer.

Capitalism 101.
757365206c6f67696320746f207365656b20616e73776572732075736520726561736f6e20746f2066696e6420776973646f6d

User avatar
esselfortium
Posts: 1448
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 25 May 2019

Apple buying Reason would be like when Adobe bought and killed off Freehand because it was competing with InDesign. Do not want.

Undistraction

Post 25 May 2019

The only thing for sure is that they will flip it soon. Much easier now with their own CEO.

User avatar
EnochLight
Moderator
Posts: 7293
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Useless Moderator

Post 25 May 2019

Undistraction wrote:
25 May 2019
The only thing for sure is that they will flip it soon. Much easier now with their own CEO.
Flip what soon?
Win 10 | Reason 12 |  Studio 1 4.6 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | Reactor 1TB SSD | RME Babyface Pro | Panorama P-4 | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, TR-8 7x7 Expansion, MX1, JX8P, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

User avatar
Magnus
Posts: 139
Joined: 03 Jul 2018

Post 28 May 2019

EnochLight wrote:
25 May 2019
Undistraction wrote:
25 May 2019
The only thing for sure is that they will flip it soon. Much easier now with their own CEO.
Flip what soon?
It's an Americanism: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flipping

Perhaps that is Verdane Capital's plan; the company can be converted into a higher value asset within a short space of time and then sold on.

User avatar
Loque
Moderator
Posts: 9388
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 28 May 2019

Magnus wrote:
28 May 2019
EnochLight wrote:
25 May 2019


Flip what soon?
It's an Americanism: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flipping

Perhaps that is Verdane Capital's plan; the company can be converted into a higher value asset within a short space of time and then sold on.
Yea, maybe PH is worth as much as Whazzaaab :-D Or is it already more worth?
Reason12, Win10

User avatar
mcatalao
Posts: 1546
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 28 May 2019

fretshot7 wrote:
25 May 2019
hurricane wrote:
24 May 2019
Apple bought Emagic and Logic is better than ever, with the original emagic team still working on it. It's the best all-around DAW, and definitely the DAW with the best value, in my opinion.
Camel Audio lives on. Alchemy 2 is a powerhouse synth. Camel Phat and Camel Space have been refreshed. More stuff coming from them soon.
Redmatica is a different story, although Autosampler is in MainStage and works amazingly well for sampling your synths.

And if you love Reason so much you'd get a Mac.
Unless you don't love Reason that much.
Which, if you don't, you might as well jump on that Cubase deal now.

https://new.steinberg.net/cubase/celebrate/
So there is no need for apple to buy Reason. They have the DAW space covered, Windows on the other hand might like to compete? If you love Reason you would sell your Mac and get a windows based computer 😀

yes i bit 😂
I've Seen Apples Vs Oranges... Mac vs PC, but never Reason Mac vs Reason PC...

Oh well...

reggie1979
Posts: 1181
Joined: 11 Apr 2019

Post 28 May 2019

Sounds more analog on a Mac.

User avatar
mcatalao
Posts: 1546
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 30 May 2019

reggie1979 wrote:
28 May 2019
Sounds more analog on a Mac.
I only have a big lol for that.

User avatar
Loque
Moderator
Posts: 9388
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 30 May 2019

mcatalao wrote:
30 May 2019
reggie1979 wrote:
28 May 2019
Sounds more analog on a Mac.
I only have a big lol for that.
So sweet :D :thumbs_up:
Reason12, Win10

User avatar
mcatalao
Posts: 1546
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 30 May 2019

Loque wrote:
30 May 2019
So sweet :D :thumbs_up:
This has some context actually... In 2 situations i had people hearing my stuff and saying "oh, i notice you used a mac on your productions."
- Uh, no i didn't...

Telling the rest of the story would break Reasontalk's servers... :lol:

User avatar
Loque
Moderator
Posts: 9388
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 30 May 2019

mcatalao wrote:
30 May 2019
Loque wrote:
30 May 2019
So sweet :D :thumbs_up:
This has some context actually... In 2 situations i had people hearing my stuff and saying "oh, i notice you used a mac on your productions."
- Uh, no i didn't...

Telling the rest of the story would break Reasontalk's servers... :lol:
Still sweet...50/50 chance to hit the target. But you are true, nothing beats the warm, full, analog sound of a Mac...
Reason12, Win10

User avatar
hurricane
Posts: 1720
Joined: 14 Oct 2017

Post 30 May 2019

Everyone knows Windows is digital, linear and very sterile, that's why it's the #1 choice of accountants all over the world.
Macs have - what we call in the biz "non-linearity" - that's why they ooze warmth and harmonic depth, DUH.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Reason 12

User avatar
Jackjackdaw
Posts: 1017
Joined: 12 Jan 2019

Post 30 May 2019

I used to have a Mac mini, I thought it took a long time to boot up because it had hdd not an ssd, but it must have been because the valves needed to warm up.

User avatar
diminished
Posts: 1877
Joined: 15 Dec 2018

Post 30 May 2019

hey guys i wanna become a pro producer and I haven't had any global success so far which sucks because my mom told me I'm very talented. So it must be the computer I'm using, will this gaming rig (I mostly play fortnite on 4k) be enough to run FL Studio and 40 instances of serum to make one supersaw chord progression?? Also at what LUFS do you guys mix and how many sausage fatteners do you stack to make it sound pro??? I'm also considering buying a volca nub ass because analog warmth
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

Undistraction

Post 31 May 2019

diminished wrote:
30 May 2019
hey guys i wanna become a pro producer and I haven't had any global success so far which sucks because my mom told me I'm very talented. So it must be the computer I'm using, will this gaming rig (I mostly play fortnite on 4k) be enough to run FL Studio and 40 instances of serum to make one supersaw chord progression?? Also at what LUFS do you guys mix and how many sausage fatteners do you stack to make it sound pro??? I'm also considering buying a volca nub ass because analog warmth
I checked your SoundCloud. I think the problem is your mouse or maybe the USB cable. Try swapping them out and if that doesn't work, maybe buy a new mousemat. One with some flames on it.

User avatar
mcatalao
Posts: 1546
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 31 May 2019

hurricane wrote:
30 May 2019
Everyone knows Windows is digital, linear and very sterile, that's why it's the #1 choice of accountants all over the world.
Macs have - what we call in the biz "non-linearity" - that's why they ooze warmth and harmonic depth, DUH.
Man, I really hope you're not serious because this is the dummest thing I've read after flat hearth...😂

User avatar
Magnus
Posts: 139
Joined: 03 Jul 2018

Post 31 May 2019

mcatalao wrote:
31 May 2019
hurricane wrote:
30 May 2019
Everyone knows Windows is digital, linear and very sterile, that's why it's the #1 choice of accountants all over the world.
Macs have - what we call in the biz "non-linearity" - that's why they ooze warmth and harmonic depth, DUH.
Man, I really hope you're not serious because this is the dummest thing I've read after flat hearth...😂
It's clearly satire! :)

User avatar
Loque
Moderator
Posts: 9388
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 31 May 2019

Jackjackdaw wrote:
30 May 2019
I used to have a Mac mini, I thought it took a long time to boot up because it had hdd not an ssd, but it must have been because the valves needed to warm up.
Dude! :shock: :lol: That one was GREAT! :D :lol: :D
Reason12, Win10

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 12 guests