Nektar Panorama Remote Maps Thread

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
User avatar
Carly(Poohbear)
Posts: 2760
Joined: 25 Jan 2015
Location: UK

Post 11 Oct 2020

MrFigg wrote:
11 Oct 2020
Here's something weird that sometimes happens on my T4. I drag an instrument in and the keyboard maps to it. Then I drag a new instrument on top of the old instrument to replace the first one and it doesn't map at all. Maybe that's normal?
No that is not normal, both my P's and T's change the mapping to the correct instrument...

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 7075
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 11 Oct 2020

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
11 Oct 2020
MrFigg wrote:
11 Oct 2020
Here's something weird that sometimes happens on my T4. I drag an instrument in and the keyboard maps to it. Then I drag a new instrument on top of the old instrument to replace the first one and it doesn't map at all. Maybe that's normal?
No that is not normal, both my P's and T's change the mapping to the correct instrument...
Hmmm. I’ll need to experiment further.
丰2ॐ

User avatar
wendylou
Posts: 298
Joined: 15 Jan 2015
Location: Saint Joseph, MO

Post 27 Oct 2020

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
05 Dec 2017
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
29 Nov 2017
If any of you want to follow this video I will make the mapping Omnisphere 2 for you...

I don't think this one can be mapped, I created a mapping to work with the grab functionality. You are limited to about 500 controls.
However You have to enable the control manually in Omnisphere then you can grab it, Hmmm.

Found this note.
All Host Automation assignments are stored with the Multi, saved with the host project file, and can also be saved with a MIDI Learn Template.

NOTE: You can enable up to 256 Host Automation parameters. If you need more than 256 assignments, consider using MIDI Learn together with Host Automation.

Technical Considerations

There are 256 parameter slots in Omnisphere that can be automated, numbered from 0 to 256. These slots correspond to the list of parameters that can be automated in the host or on your control surface. For example, slot 0 is the first parameter in the host or on the control surface, the next one is number 1, etc. You can assign any parameter in Omnisphere to one of these slots using "Enable Host Automation". The parameter will be assigned to the next available slot and may then be automated from the host or control surface. Automation ID numbers correspond to the ordered list of parameters that can be automated in the host or on a control surface.

Parameter automation is capable of two-way communication. If your host and control surface support it, your control surface can display the names of the parameters controlled by each knob or fader, and each control can automatically update to show the current value of a parameter. For example, Mackie Control displays and automatically updates parameter names in real time. Motorized faders can move to show the current values of parameters, which is very useful when opening songs that contain plug-ins controlled by the surface.

Some hosts have a limit on the number of parameters that are available to be Host Automated. For example, some only permit the first 128 parameters of a plug-in to be automated. In others, the limit is 1024 parameters. By comparison, Omnisphere has nearly 20,000 parameters!

If you're working in a host that limits the number of automation parameters, you can also use the MIDI Learn feature of Omnisphere to automate Omnisphere's parameters. The combination of Host Automation and MIDI Learn gives you powerful real-time control of virtually every parameter of Omnisphere.
I purchased Omnisphere 2.6 recently and have had issues with grab functionality when using the Panorama Remote Map on Dropbox as discussed here. The only way I got grab to work is by reverting to Nektar's official P6 Remote map.

I did get and load the Nektar Template for Omnisphere, but I'm a little fuzzy on whether or not that is for Omnisphere's manual keyboard mapping system, or if it has any bearing on the Remote Grab functionality? It seems as if there are mutiple ways to skin the cat here. i.e. Remote grab, Load Template (provided by Nektar for Omnisphere), and custom Remote Map.

If I use the Remote Grab operation and do not use Carly's Remote Map with Omnisphere entries. then the grabbed parameters have no labels on Panorama P6, only values. And if I use Carly's Remote Map with Omnisphere entries, it shows the knobs and sliders via Pages, but has no programming per se, and it also does not allow Remote Grab to work. Another quirk I discovered is that when I am able to Remote Grab with Nektar's default Remote Map, Omnisphere control won't happen until you leave that Omnisphere screen tab and then return to the same screen, then I can control it.

Despite being able to do some Remote Grabs. I'm confused as to the role of Nektar's Template that get's loaded, and also why I can't use Remote Grabs when using the latest Remote Map from here? It's enough to make me want to forget controlling Omnisphere with Panorama P6. :(
:PUF_balance: http://www.galxygirl.com -- :reason: user since 2002

User avatar
Carly(Poohbear)
Posts: 2760
Joined: 25 Jan 2015
Location: UK

Post 27 Oct 2020

wendylou wrote:
27 Oct 2020
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
05 Dec 2017


I don't think this one can be mapped, I created a mapping to work with the grab functionality. You are limited to about 500 controls.
However You have to enable the control manually in Omnisphere then you can grab it, Hmmm.

I purchased Omnisphere 2.6 recently and have had issues with grab functionality when using the Panorama Remote Map on Dropbox as discussed here. The only way I got grab to work is by reverting to Nektar's official P6 Remote map.

I did get and load the Nektar Template for Omnisphere, but I'm a little fuzzy on whether or not that is for Omnisphere's manual keyboard mapping system, or if it has any bearing on the Remote Grab functionality? It seems as if there are mutiple ways to skin the cat here. i.e. Remote grab, Load Template (provided by Nektar for Omnisphere), and custom Remote Map.

If I use the Remote Grab operation and do not use Carly's Remote Map with Omnisphere entries. then the grabbed parameters have no labels on Panorama P6, only values. And if I use Carly's Remote Map with Omnisphere entries, it shows the knobs and sliders via Pages, but has no programming per se, and it also does not allow Remote Grab to work. Another quirk I discovered is that when I am able to Remote Grab with Nektar's default Remote Map, Omnisphere control won't happen until you leave that Omnisphere screen tab and then return to the same screen, then I can control it.

Despite being able to do some Remote Grabs. I'm confused as to the role of Nektar's Template that get's loaded, and also why I can't use Remote Grabs when using the latest Remote Map from here? It's enough to make me want to forget controlling Omnisphere with Panorama P6. :(
My grabs do work however as stated you have to manually enable the control in Omnisphere, right click a control and select "Enable Host Automation" then you can grab it, you can save that as a template.

I was not in impressed with Omnisphere so hence I did not bother to fully map it.

I have just had a bit more closer look and originally I said I don't think that Omnisphere could be fully mapped which is true due to having over 20000 parameters (according the documentation) however I would say we could setup a mapping for the main stuff. This will have to work the same way that the Lush101 mapping works as in you have to load a templete inside of the instrument then the mappings will work.

Also note Nektar have not released a mapping for Omnisphere 2 just for Omnisphere 1

User avatar
wendylou
Posts: 298
Joined: 15 Jan 2015
Location: Saint Joseph, MO

Post 27 Oct 2020

Thank you for the explanations. I loaded up your Remote Map and was able to grab and control Omnisphere. It seems I have to "Enable Host Automation" every time on each control in Omnisphere 2.6 before I can grab and assign on the P6 using Shift. Nevertheless, it works. Thanks!
:PUF_balance: http://www.galxygirl.com -- :reason: user since 2002

User avatar
Carly(Poohbear)
Posts: 2760
Joined: 25 Jan 2015
Location: UK

Post 27 Oct 2020

wendylou wrote:
27 Oct 2020
Thank you for the explanations. I loaded up your Remote Map and was able to grab and control Omnisphere. It seems I have to "Enable Host Automation" every time on each control in Omnisphere 2.6 before I can grab and assign on the P6 using Shift. Nevertheless, it works. Thanks!
Correct however you can save that (under the big Utility button) so next time you can load the template and then just grab the controls.
Capture.JPG
So the real way forward would be to create that template in Omnisphere then create a remote map to those settings...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TheBlackBox
Posts: 2
Joined: 31 Oct 2020

Post 07 Nov 2020

Hello, is it also possible to request custom maps?

I have made an Excel file as Carly requests in his help-us-to-help-you-video, but with an extra column stating the hardware control I would like to use to control the remotable in question and the manner of switching between the pages, which is a mix of the Nektar mapping with that of PoohBear.

The reason for this is the way I (or maybe everybody?) synthesize using FM synths, namely per operator with the accomanying envelope controls (if that makes sense)

If custom maps are not provided by you guys (which I would perfectly understand regarding the amount of work), would it at least be possible to make such a mapping at all? Because then I am going to try myself, but if it won't work at all it is a waste of time, obviously.

Thanks very much in advance for any info/mappings?!

Best regards,
TheBlackBox
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Carly(Poohbear)
Posts: 2760
Joined: 25 Jan 2015
Location: UK

Post 10 Nov 2020

TheBlackBox wrote:
07 Nov 2020
Hello, is it also possible to request custom maps?

I have made an Excel file as Carly requests in his help-us-to-help-you-video, but with an extra column stating the hardware control I would like to use to control the remotable in question and the manner of switching between the pages, which is a mix of the Nektar mapping with that of PoohBear.

The reason for this is the way I (or maybe everybody?) synthesize using FM synths, namely per operator with the accomanying envelope controls (if that makes sense)

If custom maps are not provided by you guys (which I would perfectly understand regarding the amount of work), would it at least be possible to make such a mapping at all? Because then I am going to try myself, but if it won't work at all it is a waste of time, obviously.

Thanks very much in advance for any info/mappings?!

Best regards,
TheBlackBox
Added, dropbox is has been updated for the T and P series.

Thanks for the excel file.

polysix
Posts: 65
Joined: 09 Sep 2015

Post 11 Nov 2020

Hello poohbear..

I am looking for a synapse audio obsession rack extension support for my p4. That would be a dream to be able to operate directly from the p4. Do you happen to have that in the works?

Thanks a lot for your maps :)

TheBlackBox
Posts: 2
Joined: 31 Oct 2020

Post 12 Nov 2020

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
10 Nov 2020
TheBlackBox wrote:
07 Nov 2020
Hello, is it also possible to request custom maps?

I have made an Excel file as Carly requests in his help-us-to-help-you-video, but with an extra column stating the hardware control I would like to use to control the remotable in question and the manner of switching between the pages, which is a mix of the Nektar mapping with that of PoohBear.

The reason for this is the way I (or maybe everybody?) synthesize using FM synths, namely per operator with the accomanying envelope controls (if that makes sense)

If custom maps are not provided by you guys (which I would perfectly understand regarding the amount of work), would it at least be possible to make such a mapping at all? Because then I am going to try myself, but if it won't work at all it is a waste of time, obviously.

Thanks very much in advance for any info/mappings?!

Best regards,
TheBlackBox
Added, dropbox is has been updated for the T and P series.

Thanks for the excel file.
You're the best, thanks a LOT!! :mrgreen:

User avatar
Carly(Poohbear)
Posts: 2760
Joined: 25 Jan 2015
Location: UK

Post 13 Nov 2020

polysix wrote:
11 Nov 2020
Hello poohbear..

I am looking for a synapse audio obsession rack extension support for my p4. That would be a dream to be able to operate directly from the p4. Do you happen to have that in the works?

Thanks a lot for your maps :)
I don't own that RE, if you create a Excel spreadsheet per the video I will do a mapping.


polysix
Posts: 65
Joined: 09 Sep 2015

Post 19 Nov 2020

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
13 Nov 2020
polysix wrote:
11 Nov 2020
Hello poohbear..

I am looking for a synapse audio obsession rack extension support for my p4. That would be a dream to be able to operate directly from the p4. Do you happen to have that in the works?

Thanks a lot for your maps :)
I don't own that RE, if you create a Excel spreadsheet per the video I will do a mapping.

Thanks a lot for your help. I'm at end of November in holiday if I understand the excel I will do it 😊

polysix
Posts: 65
Joined: 09 Sep 2015

Post 09 Dec 2020

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
13 Nov 2020
polysix wrote:
11 Nov 2020
Hello poohbear..

I am looking for a synapse audio obsession rack extension support for my p4. That would be a dream to be able to operate directly from the p4. Do you happen to have that in the works?

Thanks a lot for your maps :)
I don't own that RE, if you create a Excel spreadsheet per the video I will do a mapping.

Hello Poohbear,

Thank you for your offer to help me. I also started creating the Excel. Unfortunately, I believe that an important support is missing in obsession. You can switch between the OSC with a switch and this switch is unfortunately not supported remotely. I am writing the days of Synapse Audio to see if they can incorporate that.

I hope the Google translation manages to translate it understandably :-)

IamFredrik
Posts: 10
Joined: 09 Dec 2020
Location: Sweden

Post 09 Dec 2020

I have installed my P1, updated the firmware and installed the reason mappings. Everything works fine, but when I download the map from dropbox and try to use it I get no mapping for Europa and all the new RE's I got with Reason 11 suite.

I downloaded the PanoramaP1.remotemap and copied to "C:\ProgramData\Propellerhead Software\Remote\Maps\Nektar".

My firmware version is 01.14.03

Any ideas how I would go about troubleshooting this?

User avatar
Carly(Poohbear)
Posts: 2760
Joined: 25 Jan 2015
Location: UK

Post 09 Dec 2020

polysix wrote:
09 Dec 2020
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
13 Nov 2020


I don't own that RE, if you create a Excel spreadsheet per the video I will do a mapping.

Hello Poohbear,

Thank you for your offer to help me. I also started creating the Excel. Unfortunately, I believe that an important support is missing in obsession. You can switch between the OSC with a switch and this switch is unfortunately not supported remotely. I am writing the days of Synapse Audio to see if they can incorporate that.

I hope the Google translation manages to translate it understandably :-)
Zip up the info file and upload it here, I 'll have a quick look at it....

User avatar
Carly(Poohbear)
Posts: 2760
Joined: 25 Jan 2015
Location: UK

Post 09 Dec 2020

IamFredrik wrote:
09 Dec 2020
I have installed my P1, updated the firmware and installed the reason mappings. Everything works fine, but when I download the map from dropbox and try to use it I get no mapping for Europa and all the new RE's I got with Reason 11 suite.

I downloaded the PanoramaP1.remotemap and copied to "C:\ProgramData\Propellerhead Software\Remote\Maps\Nektar".

My firmware version is 01.14.03

Any ideas how I would go about troubleshooting this?
When you go into the Control Surface I take it the P1 has green ticks for it? (are other instruments working?)
Both Nektar and the mappings you downloaded include Europa (note I can't remember what from the suite has been mapped as I don't use those instruments that much) so that is a weird one.

IamFredrik
Posts: 10
Joined: 09 Dec 2020
Location: Sweden

Post 09 Dec 2020

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
09 Dec 2020
IamFredrik wrote:
09 Dec 2020
I have installed my P1, updated the firmware and installed the reason mappings. Everything works fine, but when I download the map from dropbox and try to use it I get no mapping for Europa and all the new RE's I got with Reason 11 suite.

I downloaded the PanoramaP1.remotemap and copied to "C:\ProgramData\Propellerhead Software\Remote\Maps\Nektar".

My firmware version is 01.14.03

Any ideas how I would go about troubleshooting this?
When you go into the Control Surface I take it the P1 has green ticks for it? (are other instruments working?)
Both Nektar and the mappings you downloaded include Europa (note I can't remember what from the suite has been mapped as I don't use those instruments that much) so that is a weird one.
Thank you for your reply.

Yes, it has a green tick. I opened the remotemap file and and Europa is mapped. It seems like it doesn't load the file.

User avatar
Carly(Poohbear)
Posts: 2760
Joined: 25 Jan 2015
Location: UK

Post 10 Dec 2020

These are the last few things that were mapped do any of them work?
Note for the Effects and players to show you have to click on the midi focus tab thingee..

Scope Propellerhead Software se.propellerheads.QuadNoteGenerator
Scope Propellerhead Software se.propellerheads.Quartet
Scope Propellerhead Software se.propellerheads.MasterCompressor
Scope Propellerhead Software se.propellerheads.ChannelDynamics
Scope Propellerhead Software se.propellerheads.ChannelEQ
Scope Propellerhead Software se.propellerheads.Sweeper
Scope UVI vst.UVIW.UVIWorkstationVSTx64
Scope UVI vst.Flcn.FalconVSTx64
Scope Propellerhead Software se.propellerheads.BeatMap
Scope Synapse Audio vst.DNE3.DUNE 3
Scope Andrew Russell net.andrewrussell.DualCV
Scope Ekssperimental Sounds se.ekssperimentalsounds.ES400
Capture.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

IamFredrik
Posts: 10
Joined: 09 Dec 2020
Location: Sweden

Post 11 Dec 2020

None of them works. I just get the no mapping screen. Older RE's works like thor and subtractor. I've double checked the file and I can see mappings for the RE's, but no go.

User avatar
Carly(Poohbear)
Posts: 2760
Joined: 25 Jan 2015
Location: UK

Post 11 Dec 2020

IamFredrik wrote:
11 Dec 2020
None of them works. I just get the no mapping screen. Older RE's works like thor and subtractor. I've double checked the file and I can see mappings for the RE's, but no go.
Can you do a print-screen of C:\ProgramData\Propellerhead Software\Remote\Maps\Nektar


Do you have any Nektar stuff here "C:\Program Files\Propellerhead\Reason Suite 11\Remote\DefaultMaps"

IamFredrik
Posts: 10
Joined: 09 Dec 2020
Location: Sweden

Post 11 Dec 2020

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
11 Dec 2020
IamFredrik wrote:
11 Dec 2020
None of them works. I just get the no mapping screen. Older RE's works like thor and subtractor. I've double checked the file and I can see mappings for the RE's, but no go.
Can you do a print-screen of C:\ProgramData\Propellerhead Software\Remote\Maps\Nektar


Do you have any Nektar stuff here "C:\Program Files\Propellerhead\Reason Suite 11\Remote\DefaultMaps"
First of all, thank you for all your help!

I was about to take a screenshot of my C:\ProgramData\Propellerhead Software\Remote\Maps\Nektar directory when I saw I had saved my orginal remotemap in a folder called backup in that directory. I deleted it and now it works!

Again, thank you for your help!

User avatar
Carly(Poohbear)
Posts: 2760
Joined: 25 Jan 2015
Location: UK

Post 11 Dec 2020

IamFredrik wrote:
11 Dec 2020
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
11 Dec 2020


Can you do a print-screen of C:\ProgramData\Propellerhead Software\Remote\Maps\Nektar


Do you have any Nektar stuff here "C:\Program Files\Propellerhead\Reason Suite 11\Remote\DefaultMaps"
First of all, thank you for all your help!

I was about to take a screenshot of my C:\ProgramData\Propellerhead Software\Remote\Maps\Nektar directory when I saw I had saved my orginal remotemap in a folder called backup in that directory. I deleted it and now it works!

Again, thank you for your help!
Excellent, glad you are working, there is a note to say not to backup in place and this was also a reason I wanted to see a screenshot, it has caught me out many a time as I work with different version etc. so you are not alone on that one :)

IamFredrik
Posts: 10
Joined: 09 Dec 2020
Location: Sweden

Post 11 Dec 2020

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
11 Dec 2020
IamFredrik wrote:
11 Dec 2020


First of all, thank you for all your help!

I was about to take a screenshot of my C:\ProgramData\Propellerhead Software\Remote\Maps\Nektar directory when I saw I had saved my orginal remotemap in a folder called backup in that directory. I deleted it and now it works!

Again, thank you for your help!
Excellent, glad you are working, there is a note to say not to backup in place and this was also a reason I wanted to see a screenshot, it has caught me out many a time as I work with different version etc. so you are not alone on that one :)
Now that you say that it rings a bell :)

polysix
Posts: 65
Joined: 09 Sep 2015

Post 12 Dec 2020

Hello Carly,

thanks a lot for your help !!! :)

here is the link to the zip opsession info file ...

obession info file (zip)
https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApsQ2IuYQrCUuiqy7BU ... U?e=L0OgNx

User avatar
Carly(Poohbear)
Posts: 2760
Joined: 25 Jan 2015
Location: UK

Post 12 Dec 2020

polysix wrote:
12 Dec 2020
Hello Carly,

thanks a lot for your help !!! :)

here is the link to the zip opsession info file ...

obession info file (zip)
https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApsQ2IuYQrCUuiqy7BU ... U?e=L0OgNx
That link wants me to enter a password.
You can just attach the zipped file to a message here..

Capture.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: avasopht, CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests