Nektar Panorama Remote Maps Thread

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
wendylou

Post 28 Oct 2019

I perused the latest 21+ MB Panorama.remotemap file for the P series and have to say the sheer effort that went into this community version is extraordinary! Kudos to Poohbear and all contributors. Simply amazing and – depending on the device – unbelievable amount of coding. A tremendous effort! Very much blown away by some of the complex device code with the numerous pages. Amazing work!

I'm on macOS Catalina and so my old 32-bit TextWrangler that shows line numbers no longer works. So I opened the file in TextEdit, and although you can search for a line number, it does not display them. It also does not show tabs in plain text, only RTF. And if convert to RTF to enble to tab bar display, it doesn't show hidden tabs in the text. I tried some free 3rd party text editors but a few choked on the 21 MB file. Even opening the file in Apple Numbers I got a warning that there were too many rows and so it stopped showing the data after it reached its limit. As the Nektar article states that they use Xcode on macOS, I'm installing that. Kinda overkill and a large installation but it will do the job better than other text editors I have; paid text editors notwithstanding.

Not sure I will become a contributor but I will try.
:PUF_balance: http://www.galxygirl.com -- :reason: user since 2002

diminished

Post 28 Oct 2019

wendylou wrote:
28 Oct 2019
As the Nektar article states that they use Xcode on macOS, I'm installing that.
I just looked for macOS alternatives for Notepad++ and the editor that keeps popping up is CotEditor. Just wanted to throw that in here.
:reason: Most recent track: The Test (feat. MrFigg) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

wendylou

Post 28 Oct 2019

diminished wrote:
28 Oct 2019
wendylou wrote:
28 Oct 2019
As the Nektar article states that they use Xcode on macOS, I'm installing that.
I just looked for macOS alternatives for Notepad++ and the editor that keeps popping up is CotEditor. Just wanted to throw that in here.
Thanks. Yes, I tried that, looks nice, but it seemed to choke on the 21+ MB text file. It just kept loading more and more, slowly. It never reached the end of the file. It think someone commented about that in the App store. Anywho, I did install Xcode from the app store and its a great editor for free. Very configurable with syntax colors and tabs vs spaces. Now I just need to apply myself! I'm pretty awestruck by Poohbear's stuff. Some of those multiple "page" definitions within a device, i.e. beyond 20+ page group clusters in some cases, is just amazing work. The level of control mapped out is amazing. I'm going to see if I can do a simpler RE like UJAM Drummers.
:PUF_balance: http://www.galxygirl.com -- :reason: user since 2002

• Information