Nektar Panorama Remote Maps Thread

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Reasonable man

18 Jan 2020

Hi Poobear can i just clarify...or anyone that can answer

I have no doubt that is is a silly question but where the panomora maps are stored on computer there are two files ... 'Panorama remote map and 'Panorama mixer mode remote map'. Do you just change out the 'Panorama remote map' and leave the 'Panorama mixer mode map' alone?
Thanks

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

18 Jan 2020

Reasonable man wrote:
18 Jan 2020
Hi Poobear can i just clarify...or anyone that can answer

I have no doubt that is is a silly question but where the panomora maps are stored on computer there are two files ... 'Panorama remote map and 'Panorama mixer mode remote map'. Do you just change out the 'Panorama remote map' and leave the 'Panorama mixer mode map' alone?
Thanks
Correct, just change out the 'Panorama remote map' ...

The mixer mode map is used when the P series is put into mixer mode, there has not been any changes to the SSL that would effect that mode...
Last edited by Carly(Poohbear) on 18 Jan 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Reasonable man

18 Jan 2020

Excellent thanks

EnochLight

02 Feb 2020

So this just started to happen. Anyone ever have trouble with their motorized fader like this? Any suggestions for a fix (my P4 is long past its warranty)?

Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

geronimo

02 Feb 2020

Same thing with my P6: so much so that I no longer use this motorized fader.

EnochLight

02 Feb 2020

geronimo wrote:
02 Feb 2020
I picked up some canned air and electronics contact cleaner. Blew out the fader slot with air really good, then hit it with contact cleaner. Mechanically moved the fader up and down two dozen times, then took a microfiber cloth (such as the kind that came with the Panorama to clean the screen) and used a thin piece of plastic to mechanically wipe the excess cleaner off of the fader track.

Let it set for a good half hour so the cleaner would evaporate, and now it's moving a lot better (though it still gets stuck at the top as opposed to the bottom, it eventually moves past the sticky spot):

Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EnochLight

02 Feb 2020

Damn - is it me or have the motorized faders always moved really grinding this bad in one direction? It's a lot smoother going down than up!

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

03 Feb 2020

EnochLight wrote:
02 Feb 2020
Damn - is it me or have the motorized faders always moved really grinding this bad in one direction? It's a lot smoother going down than up!

In all my years of owning my P series I only had the motorised fader plugged in for the first couple of months, took too long to boot with it having to calibrating every time and I just did not use it.
Last edited by Carly(Poohbear) on 26 Feb 2020, edited 1 time in total.

EnochLight

09 Feb 2020

* UPDATE *

After viewing the supplied videos, Justin @ Nektar determined my motorized fader hardware is clearly bad. They're sending me out a new motorized fader that I can switch out with the old one. Stand-up service for a fantastic company! :thumbs_up:

geronimo

09 Feb 2020

EnochLight wrote:
02 Feb 2020
geronimo wrote:
02 Feb 2020
I picked up some canned air and electronics contact cleaner. Blew out the fader slot with air really good, then hit it with contact cleaner. Mechanically moved the fader up and down two dozen times, then took a microfiber cloth (such as the kind that came with the Panorama to clean the screen) and used a thin piece of plastic to mechanically wipe the excess cleaner off of the fader track.
So shouldn't I do this?

EnochLight

09 Feb 2020

geronimo wrote:
09 Feb 2020
EnochLight wrote:
02 Feb 2020

So shouldn't I do this?
Your call. It certainly helped mine a bit, but still not enough to keep it from sticking, and the fader still grinds when going in one direction. It cost me less than $10 in canned air and contact cleaner to try.

Hoping the new fader restores it back to new, though.

futureworld

25 Feb 2020

Hey Pooh Bear,

Thank you so much! You're awesome! I have an issue - I'm looking to have Serum fully controllable. The current mappings are very limited. On Nektarine they have the full mappings in a good order. My P1 isnt syncing with Nektarine properly, I can't control the plugin with in, I just got P1 yesterday and emailed customer support. But I'd like the mapping to be there without Nektarine (cust. service told me mapping file needs to be updated to achieve this), am suspicious Nektarine adds to latency and don't want that.

I want to add that to the preset mapping file that you made which I used , thanks for that again! Since it's already mapped on Nektarine is there an easier way, or can you give me any help to add it to the mapping? I'll learn the basic coding if I have to but I'm not coding guy so might take me a long time haha, already been at this issue 12 plus hours and watched several of your videos! Thanks for those too and I greatly appreciate and await your response,

Kyle Wagner

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

26 Feb 2020

futureworld wrote:
25 Feb 2020
Hey Pooh Bear,

Thank you so much! You're awesome! I have an issue - I'm looking to have Serum fully controllable. The current mappings are very limited. On Nektarine they have the full mappings in a good order. My P1 isnt syncing with Nektarine properly, I can't control the plugin with in, I just got P1 yesterday and emailed customer support. But I'd like the mapping to be there without Nektarine (cust. service told me mapping file needs to be updated to achieve this), am suspicious Nektarine adds to latency and don't want that.

I want to add that to the preset mapping file that you made which I used , thanks for that again! Since it's already mapped on Nektarine is there an easier way, or can you give me any help to add it to the mapping? I'll learn the basic coding if I have to but I'm not coding guy so might take me a long time haha, already been at this issue 12 plus hours and watched several of your videos! Thanks for those too and I greatly appreciate and await your response,

Kyle Wagner
First of the Nektarine mappings are encoded and not plain text :( so there is no easy way to convert them over..

However I did this help us helping you video, if you follow it I will be able to make a mapping for you and you won't have to learn about the code..

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

05 Apr 2020

FYI Dropped box updated notes here..

Code: Select all

https://www.facebook.com/notes/nektar-users/nektar-mappings-for-reason-users/2328963463806635/

djs

08 Apr 2020

If we use these Remotemaps, is there a need for the Nektarine software?

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

08 Apr 2020

djs wrote:
08 Apr 2020
Nektarine will allow you to map your own customised map..

djs

08 Apr 2020

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
08 Apr 2020
djs wrote:
08 Apr 2020
Nektarine will allow you to map your own customised map..
Gotcha. Thanks!

MrFigg
Competition Winner

11 Oct 2020

Here's something weird that sometimes happens on my T4. I drag an instrument in and the keyboard maps to it. Then I drag a new instrument on top of the old instrument to replace the first one and it doesn't map at all. Maybe that's normal?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

11 Oct 2020

MrFigg wrote:
11 Oct 2020
Here's something weird that sometimes happens on my T4. I drag an instrument in and the keyboard maps to it. Then I drag a new instrument on top of the old instrument to replace the first one and it doesn't map at all. Maybe that's normal?
No that is not normal, both my P's and T's change the mapping to the correct instrument...

MrFigg
Competition Winner

11 Oct 2020

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
11 Oct 2020
MrFigg wrote:
11 Oct 2020
No that is not normal, both my P's and T's change the mapping to the correct instrument...
Hmmm. I’ll need to experiment further.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

wendylou

27 Oct 2020

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
05 Dec 2017
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
29 Nov 2017
If any of you want to follow this video I will make the mapping Omnisphere 2 for you...

I don't think this one can be mapped, I created a mapping to work with the grab functionality. You are limited to about 500 controls.
However You have to enable the control manually in Omnisphere then you can grab it, Hmmm.

Found this note.
All Host Automation assignments are stored with the Multi, saved with the host project file, and can also be saved with a MIDI Learn Template.

NOTE: You can enable up to 256 Host Automation parameters. If you need more than 256 assignments, consider using MIDI Learn together with Host Automation.

Technical Considerations

There are 256 parameter slots in Omnisphere that can be automated, numbered from 0 to 256. These slots correspond to the list of parameters that can be automated in the host or on your control surface. For example, slot 0 is the first parameter in the host or on the control surface, the next one is number 1, etc. You can assign any parameter in Omnisphere to one of these slots using "Enable Host Automation". The parameter will be assigned to the next available slot and may then be automated from the host or control surface. Automation ID numbers correspond to the ordered list of parameters that can be automated in the host or on a control surface.

Parameter automation is capable of two-way communication. If your host and control surface support it, your control surface can display the names of the parameters controlled by each knob or fader, and each control can automatically update to show the current value of a parameter. For example, Mackie Control displays and automatically updates parameter names in real time. Motorized faders can move to show the current values of parameters, which is very useful when opening songs that contain plug-ins controlled by the surface.

Some hosts have a limit on the number of parameters that are available to be Host Automated. For example, some only permit the first 128 parameters of a plug-in to be automated. In others, the limit is 1024 parameters. By comparison, Omnisphere has nearly 20,000 parameters!

If you're working in a host that limits the number of automation parameters, you can also use the MIDI Learn feature of Omnisphere to automate Omnisphere's parameters. The combination of Host Automation and MIDI Learn gives you powerful real-time control of virtually every parameter of Omnisphere.
I purchased Omnisphere 2.6 recently and have had issues with grab functionality when using the Panorama Remote Map on Dropbox as discussed here. The only way I got grab to work is by reverting to Nektar's official P6 Remote map.

I did get and load the Nektar Template for Omnisphere, but I'm a little fuzzy on whether or not that is for Omnisphere's manual keyboard mapping system, or if it has any bearing on the Remote Grab functionality? It seems as if there are mutiple ways to skin the cat here. i.e. Remote grab, Load Template (provided by Nektar for Omnisphere), and custom Remote Map.

If I use the Remote Grab operation and do not use Carly's Remote Map with Omnisphere entries. then the grabbed parameters have no labels on Panorama P6, only values. And if I use Carly's Remote Map with Omnisphere entries, it shows the knobs and sliders via Pages, but has no programming per se, and it also does not allow Remote Grab to work. Another quirk I discovered is that when I am able to Remote Grab with Nektar's default Remote Map, Omnisphere control won't happen until you leave that Omnisphere screen tab and then return to the same screen, then I can control it.

Despite being able to do some Remote Grabs. I'm confused as to the role of Nektar's Template that get's loaded, and also why I can't use Remote Grabs when using the latest Remote Map from here? It's enough to make me want to forget controlling Omnisphere with Panorama P6. :(
:puf_smile: http://www.galxygirl.com -- :reason: user since 2002

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

27 Oct 2020

wendylou wrote:
27 Oct 2020
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
05 Dec 2017

I don't think this one can be mapped, I created a mapping to work with the grab functionality. You are limited to about 500 controls.
However You have to enable the control manually in Omnisphere then you can grab it, Hmmm.

I purchased Omnisphere 2.6 recently and have had issues with grab functionality when using the Panorama Remote Map on Dropbox as discussed here. The only way I got grab to work is by reverting to Nektar's official P6 Remote map.

I did get and load the Nektar Template for Omnisphere, but I'm a little fuzzy on whether or not that is for Omnisphere's manual keyboard mapping system, or if it has any bearing on the Remote Grab functionality? It seems as if there are mutiple ways to skin the cat here. i.e. Remote grab, Load Template (provided by Nektar for Omnisphere), and custom Remote Map.

If I use the Remote Grab operation and do not use Carly's Remote Map with Omnisphere entries. then the grabbed parameters have no labels on Panorama P6, only values. And if I use Carly's Remote Map with Omnisphere entries, it shows the knobs and sliders via Pages, but has no programming per se, and it also does not allow Remote Grab to work. Another quirk I discovered is that when I am able to Remote Grab with Nektar's default Remote Map, Omnisphere control won't happen until you leave that Omnisphere screen tab and then return to the same screen, then I can control it.

Despite being able to do some Remote Grabs. I'm confused as to the role of Nektar's Template that get's loaded, and also why I can't use Remote Grabs when using the latest Remote Map from here? It's enough to make me want to forget controlling Omnisphere with Panorama P6. :(
My grabs do work however as stated you have to manually enable the control in Omnisphere, right click a control and select "Enable Host Automation" then you can grab it, you can save that as a template.

I was not in impressed with Omnisphere so hence I did not bother to fully map it.

I have just had a bit more closer look and originally I said I don't think that Omnisphere could be fully mapped which is true due to having over 20000 parameters (according the documentation) however I would say we could setup a mapping for the main stuff. This will have to work the same way that the Lush101 mapping works as in you have to load a templete inside of the instrument then the mappings will work.

Also note Nektar have not released a mapping for Omnisphere 2 just for Omnisphere 1

wendylou

27 Oct 2020

Thank you for the explanations. I loaded up your Remote Map and was able to grab and control Omnisphere. It seems I have to "Enable Host Automation" every time on each control in Omnisphere 2.6 before I can grab and assign on the P6 using Shift. Nevertheless, it works. Thanks!
:puf_smile: http://www.galxygirl.com -- :reason: user since 2002

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

27 Oct 2020

wendylou wrote:
27 Oct 2020
Thank you for the explanations. I loaded up your Remote Map and was able to grab and control Omnisphere. It seems I have to "Enable Host Automation" every time on each control in Omnisphere 2.6 before I can grab and assign on the P6 using Shift. Nevertheless, it works. Thanks!
Correct however you can save that (under the big Utility button) so next time you can load the template and then just grab the controls.
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (41.98 KiB) Viewed 22448 times
So the real way forward would be to create that template in Omnisphere then create a remote map to those settings...

TheBlackBox

07 Nov 2020

Hello, is it also possible to request custom maps?

I have made an Excel file as Carly requests in his help-us-to-help-you-video, but with an extra column stating the hardware control I would like to use to control the remotable in question and the manner of switching between the pages, which is a mix of the Nektar mapping with that of PoohBear.

The reason for this is the way I (or maybe everybody?) synthesize using FM synths, namely per operator with the accomanying envelope controls (if that makes sense)

If custom maps are not provided by you guys (which I would perfectly understand regarding the amount of work), would it at least be possible to make such a mapping at all? Because then I am going to try myself, but if it won't work at all it is a waste of time, obviously.

Thanks very much in advance for any info/mappings?!

Best regards,
TheBlackBox
Attachments
ES400 Mapping.xlsx
(9.94 KiB) Downloaded 296 times

• Information