Toggle rack front/rear button for stand alone

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
gbuck

04 Jan 2023

I know Reason RP has a flip rack button, but it would be really nice for the standalone version. I have been experimenting a lot with the cabling lately.
And one on the Sequencer so I can see the back side of a wave file (just kidding)!

gbuck

04 Jan 2023

Sorry, I thought this was submitted to Feature Requests.

freshkidblaze

04 Jan 2023

gbuck wrote:
04 Jan 2023
I know Reason RP has a flip rack button, but it would be really nice for the standalone version. I have been experimenting a lot with the cabling lately.
And one on the Sequencer so I can see the back side of a wave file (just kidding)!
I agree, I use the rack plugin a lot and when I'm in standalone I keep looking for it .

joeyluck

05 Jan 2023

Just press the Tab key. It works in the DAW and RRP.

I think the button was placed there in the RRP as in invitation to new Reason users who might not know about the back of the rack, as well as those who wouldn't know the shortcut key.

DaveyG

05 Jan 2023

joeyluck wrote:
05 Jan 2023
Just press the Tab key. It works in the DAW and RRP.

I think the button was placed there in the RRP as in invitation to new Reason users who might not know about the back of the rack, as well as those who wouldn't know the shortcut key.
I think it is also that some DAWs don't automatically pass on all key presses to VSTs so a button makes sense. I'd have no problem with one being added to the standalone though.

huggermugger

05 Jan 2023

gbuck wrote:
04 Jan 2023
The TAB key. It's been there since Reason was released in 2000.

crimsonwarlock

05 Jan 2023

Even better is to use a Streamdeck (expensive) or Touch Portal (very cheap, needs a tablet) to do this kind of actions.

Here's my Touch Portal setup:

-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

DaveyG

05 Jan 2023

Rather than just telling people to use the TAB key, perhaps consider why anyone would object to also having a button for it. After all, I don't recall anyone complaining about the button being on the RRP.

MuttReason

05 Jan 2023

Tab is simple, but FYI when using RRP in Ableton Live it's easy to switch from Live Session view to Arrangement view by mistake. Live has hard mapped Tab key to Session/Arrangement view toggle. I make this mistake all the time whenever the RRP plugin window is open but not in focus. I'm training myself to use the RRP Flip Rack button instead.

• Information