VST Quick Launch Dock

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
BeReasonable

22 Dec 2022

Reason needs a quick launch dock for VSTs. Especially when mixing / mastering - you have to jump between some many different things and the vst windows get in the way, then you need them again to tweak a parameter and you either have to find in the rack or hit the right button in thesmall minimized window.

So instead we should get a customizable dock - per song- either on the left, right or bottom (would be nice to use space next to transport). You could drag your eqs, limiters, compressors, metering gear or whatever into it, then they'd always been in the same place when you had to find them. You could hop in and out with ease.

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

22 Dec 2022

:thumbs_up:

Great Idea!

joeyluck

22 Dec 2022

I wish we could minimize VST windows again. I used to manage VST windows in the macOS dock. But the ability to minimize VST windows was removed because of some bugs that could cause Reason to crash :(

Have you tried using the sequencer? That can potentially be an easier way to organize and recall VST plugin windows. You can just double click on the small device icon in the sequencer to open its window.

huggermugger

22 Dec 2022

joeyluck wrote:
22 Dec 2022
I wish we could minimize VST windows again. I used to manage VST windows in the macOS dock. But the ability to minimize VST windows was removed because of some bugs that could cause Reason to crash :(
Minimize VST Windows? Do you mean this? Has something changed in the new update?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2022-12-22 at 7.19.59 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-12-22 at 7.19.59 AM.png (44.73 KiB) Viewed 609 times

joeyluck

22 Dec 2022

huggermugger wrote:
22 Dec 2022
joeyluck wrote:
22 Dec 2022
Minimize VST Windows? Do you mean this? Has something changed in the new update?
I'm talking about the window, not the proxy device. Early on you could minimize the VST window to the macOS dock. Then you could recall any VST you had opened from the dock. It was great for my workflow. That ability was removed because of bugs that could cause Reason to crash (at least on macOS). That change was made a while back.

huggermugger

22 Dec 2022

joeyluck wrote:
22 Dec 2022

I'm talking about the window, not the proxy device. Early on you could minimize the VST window to the macOS dock. Then you could recall any VST you had opened from the dock. It was great for my workflow. That ability was removed because of bugs that could cause Reason to crash (at least on macOS). That change was made a while back.
A feature I completely overlooked. I guess I won't miss it much lol.

• Information