strange ambient ReFill or patches

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
voiceprint1

18 Nov 2022

Is there a ReFill or set of patches that is close to Boards of Canada or like the patches you can make with Arturia's Microfreak synth that is compatible with Reason?

I am on the fence on buying the Microfreak, just wondering if there is an alternative that is as interesting sounding.

Thanks

littlejam

19 Nov 2022

hello,

if you own ReCycle and are clever
you could create rex loops from boards of canada songs
and load them into reason

i am listening to boards of canada now

thanks for the recommendation

cheers,

j
littlejamaicastudios
i7 2.8ghz / 24GB ddr3 / Quadro 4000 x 2 / ProFire 610
reason 10 / reaper / acidpro /akai mpk mini / korg padkontrol / axiom 25 / radium 49
'i get by with a lot of help from my friends'

vandynch

24 Nov 2022

any of SKP sound design patches are great for that BOC/IDM sound, particuarly granular manoeuvres. and tthey are on sale atm!

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/prod ... anoeuvres/

Arpeg
Competition Winner

24 Nov 2022

Luftrum : https://www.luftrum.com/synthpresets/

Click on the Reason and discontinued tabs or perhaps a software synth you own, all good.

voiceprint1

24 Feb 2023

thanks for the luftrum link tons of good sounds for thor, will check out the SKP

Iapetus 9

26 Feb 2023

Every BoC fan should have Phonec 2, by Psychic Modulation. Their FX are way good too. Also, cheaper than a Microfreak.
38L > 51D every time.

mimidancer

11 Mar 2023

voiceprint1 wrote:
18 Nov 2022
Is there a ReFill or set of patches that is close to Boards of Canada or like the patches you can make with Arturia's Microfreak synth that is compatible with Reason?

I am on the fence on buying the Microfreak, just wondering if there is an alternative that is as interesting sounding.

Thanks
I have a microfreak and use it with reason. I also have a bank of LFOs to modulate the microfreak from inside of reason. the midi implementation in the microfreak is great. I can post the combinator i use if you want. here is a picture of it
12.jpg
12.jpg (173.64 KiB) Viewed 994 times

• Information