i have problems with complex-1's note quantizer

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Chizmata

08 Jul 2022

in the setup below, the quantizer range is set to 12. id assume that the curve values would be quantized to discrete note values inside ONE octave and then sent the oscillator pitch. if id set it to 24, they would be quantized over 2 octaves, or if i set it to seven, the max curve value would trigger a fifth.

but thats not happening at all. in the set example, the oscillator pitch moves across 3 octaves while it should only be one. aside from the wrong scaling, i've had other issues: i've tried examples where the oscillator played different note values from those i set in the scale or not even properly tuned notes at all (but instead slightly offset) .

am i using this totally wrong or is something wrong with the synth? the manual doesnt help here. thx for your input!

note quantizer.jpg
note quantizer.jpg (267.45 KiB) Viewed 1263 times

SebAudio

09 Jul 2022

« Offset » change the « start note » of the range (which is fixed at the value set by the knob). Since you have a connection between « curve » and « offset » , the « start note » changes according the current « curve » value and that gives several octaves of pitches (because « start note » is high when « curve » value is high)
Break the connection with « offset » and you’d have the result you want

Chizmata

10 Jul 2022

SebAudio wrote:
09 Jul 2022
« Offset » change the « start note » of the range (which is fixed at the value set by the knob). Since you have a connection between « curve » and « offset » , the « start note » changes according the current « curve » value and that gives several octaves of pitches (because « start note » is high when « curve » value is high)
Break the connection with « offset » and you’d have the result you want
EDIT: turns out you were right, i thought way too complicated. figured it out now, thanks!

• Information