[Utility] Random CV 8

This forum is for sharing patches created with the updated Combinator, as well as backdrops and any backdrop assets.
Forum rules
This forum is for sharing patches created with the updated Combinator, as well as backdrops and any backdrop assets. If you would like to share a patch here as an attachment, you must zip it first. Otherwise you can host your patches elsewhere and share the links here.
tomm

04 Apr 2022

Hi all!

This is my first creation for Combinator 2. It is one of the tools I use in my live sets.
It's an utility with 8 CV outputs that can be randomised by hitting "Randomize" button. It is based on awesome RND player by Lectric Panda.

random.png
random.png (30.8 KiB) Viewed 883 times

Requirements:
- Retouch Control Morpher or Aftermath Audio CV8X4 CV Generator.
- Lectric Panda RND Random Generator & Randomizer.

Instructions:
After loading device, CV outputs from Morpher or CV8X4 needs to be manually connected to desired CV inputs.

PS. There are two .cmb files zipped. One that use Retouch Control Morpher and one that use Aftermath Audio CV8X4.

Enjoy!

random_cv8.zip
(88.51 KiB) Downloaded 79 times

challism

09 Apr 2022

Interesting. Thanks for sharing.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Mataya

10 Apr 2022

I don't have randomizer player, but if this does what I think it could, I'll buy randomizer.

So, will I be able to connect 8 cv outs to 8 CV inputs on a synth for example and each time I press randomize on you combinator it will send random value to all 8 cv outs, dus "randomizing" synth's parameters that I've previously selected/connected?
Because if it does...I'm pushing that purchase button.

tx
M

tomm

10 Apr 2022

It does exactly this. It sends 8 random static CV values after pushing "Randomize" button. You can connect it to CV inputs of synth or another Combi and from there take it wherever you need :)

My idea was to have random button mappable to MIDI command as there is nothing in Reason that works this way.

The only downside is that this method does not store values with session.
I use Morpher for that. It can store knob positions but it needs to be done manually with alt+right click.

I wish RS implemented method of randomisation and snapshots system into Combinator as it is done for Racks in Ableton Live 11.

• Information