RRP window resize bug on native M1 hosts

This forum is for discussing the Reason Rack Plugin, the version of the Reason rack that runs as a VST3, AU, AAX in other DAWs.
sQeetz

24 Mar 2022

Hi!
Since I first got the 2020 Macbook with M1 chip Reason Rack Plugin had this bug.
The RRP works fine if you use your DAW in Rosetta mode. I want to use the native versions of Logic/Renoise/Waveform because almost all the plugins I have are native and the ones which are not work fine using the Rosetta bridge... except the Reason Rack.
The window size keeps jumping back & forth:

https://youtu.be/srfampHGcj0

Now on Monterey 12.3, Reason 12.2.5 and it's still happening.
With every update I hope that it's fixed, my biggest hope was that with a native AS version this would go away, but it was officially announced that it's being pushed back to maybe next year.
I'm very disappointed.

deeplink
Competition Winner

24 Mar 2022

Have you joined the beta?

If not, please do so and report any bugs/issues that you have - the more reports and details get filed, the easier it is for RS to address it :)
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

Billy+

24 Mar 2022

Yeah it's definitely disappointing that M1 support has been pushed but it kinda makes sense to make sure vst3 is working and the current bugs are fixed especially for RRP users who have moved into alternative DAW's with more sequencer features.

Have you reported the bug?

If you are able to replicate it then file a report with the steps.

sQeetz

24 Mar 2022

deeplink wrote:
24 Mar 2022
Have you joined the beta?

If not, please do so and report any bugs/issues that you have - the more reports and details get filed, the easier it is for RS to address it :)
Yes I am in the beta :) Didn't report it yet because I always thought to myself: well, someone must have seen it by now... and if not the native version is around the corner anyway... :redface:
Anywho... Just reported it.
Billy+ wrote:
24 Mar 2022
If you are able to replicate it then file a report with the steps.
That's an easy one. Load RRP - it starts doing the thing immediately... :lol:

thedude

24 Mar 2022

btw - i reported this bug when 12 was just released as a beta, as did a couple other guys, so i know it's on their radar.

sQeetz

24 Mar 2022

thedude wrote:
24 Mar 2022
btw - i reported this bug when 12 was just released as a beta, as did a couple other guys, so i know it's on their radar.
I'm kinda relieved and at the same time pi**ed off... I'm not the only one having it. Good. I'm not crazy then, and it's not my machine nor any weird configuration I might have - so I'm not alone. BUT - they've known for a long time and didn't do anything about it for months (years?)
I bet a fix is not to be expected until native AS builds arrive. And that could be a looong time away. :thumbdown:

sQeetz

24 Mar 2022

Reason Rack Plugin: unusable to me. Now more than ever since there are just a handful of plugins not native out of my 140 plugin catalog and I'm not using the Rosetta version of any host just to be able to use RRP... not anymore

shropshirelad

15 Jun 2022

Enough of my stuff now works natively - in fact, plenty of things no longer work well under rosetta, so I'm going full-time native in Cubase. So it's good bye to RRP for now - I'd even been eyeing up a Reason+ sub, but that'll have to wait. A shame, since I've really been enjoying using RRP recently. I wonder how long we'll have to wait for good news on this front?

Re8et
Competition Winner

20 Jun 2022

It doesn't even open on me...

Using M1 garage band and Logic Pro
tried either R11 and R12,

• Information