Free-VST "Chowdsp Chow Tape Model" Combinator

This forum is for sharing patches created with the updated Combinator, as well as backdrops and any backdrop assets.
Forum rules
This forum is for sharing patches created with the updated Combinator, as well as backdrops and any backdrop assets. If you would like to share a patch here as an attachment, you must zip it first. Otherwise you can host your patches elsewhere and share the links here.
moofi

28 Jan 2022

Free-VST "Chowdsp Chow Tape Model" Combinator

Missing functionality due to controller number limitations:

- Oversampling (default set to 4x)
- Hysteresis Mode (default set to RK2)
- Mix Group (at least guess not necessary in Reason)

Combinator:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... _Model.zip

VST Link: https://chowdsp.com/products.html

EDIT: Set the default Oversampling to 4x for lesser CPU impact (was at 16x).

EDIT2: Just so you know the initial position of the Hi Cut knob in the filter section is set to maximum cut instead of "no cut". Easy fix in case you feel the need is to alter the position of the knob and resave the combinator so it opens in a neutral initial filter state.
Chow Tape Model.jpg
Chow Tape Model.jpg (609.64 KiB) Viewed 1972 times
Last edited by moofi on 31 Jan 2022, edited 1 time in total.

StephenHutchinson

28 Jan 2022

Thanks for sharing this.
:reason: Reason User Since Version 1.0
:refill: Reason Sound Design & Content Creation
Sound Dimension https://www.sounddimension.io

ReFiils: Ambientia Cinematic Soundscapes | String Theory (Friktion) | Algoritmo (Algoritm)

moofi

28 Jan 2022

Pleasure :-)

Despondo
Competition Winner

31 Jan 2022

Nicely done! Thanks for sharing!

moofi

31 Jan 2022

You´re welcome :-)

Btw I noticed I set the Hi Cut filter to maximum cut instead of no cut. Just for those potentially wondering why it sounds so airless when the filtersection is being activated :-)
I would like to refrain from reuploading everything to the discordserver for just this one setting everyone can easily fix by resaving the corrected initial state unless someone feels it matters much :-) Gonna mention it in the initial post aswell.

Despondo
Competition Winner

03 Feb 2022

moofi wrote:
31 Jan 2022
I would like to refrain from reuploading everything to the discordserver for just this one setting...
Why not just attach the file to your post?

moofi

03 Feb 2022

If I would upload a new version here, I would have to upload it to discord anyway because that´s where I group them online storagewise, so it would basically be double the work ;-)
It´s currently enough work the way it is creating quite a lot of combinators. In this case it´s merely a minor thing and everybody can easily resave the combinator if found necessary.
Despondo wrote:
03 Feb 2022
moofi wrote:
31 Jan 2022
I would like to refrain from reuploading everything to the discordserver for just this one setting...
Why not just attach the file to your post?

Despondo
Competition Winner

03 Feb 2022

moofi wrote:
03 Feb 2022
If I would upload a new version here, I would have to upload it to discord anyway because that´s where I group them online storagewise, so it would basically be double the work ;-)
It´s currently enough work the way it is creating quite a lot of combinators. In this case it´s merely a minor thing and everybody can easily resave the combinator if found necessary.
Understood. Cheers!

moofi

03 Feb 2022

Possibly I can update eventually anyway, just not feeling it for now :-D

• Information