Quad Note Player RE worried question

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
VoW

14 Jan 2022

Hey folks!

The manual seems to fail me on this one. That, or you people are gonna tell me I should be able to read better...

So I really like this device, but everytime I use the CV (and gate) Outs on the glorious [tab] side of things, to send this nifty RE's signals to more than just one Synth, on CV Out 1 I get a sum of all the activated Sequencer lines in the Quad Note!

Which can get quite lively and often too much for what I want, as you can imagine.
Not good, when the bass player of the band tries to play lead and rhythm guitar as well and all at the same time, right?

I got the same prob and hoped you might have an idea for me how to change that?
Worst case scenario would be I'd have to fire up a second one, but for several reasons that's less than ideal solution and rackspace is so limited these days...

So if anybody can keep me from taking precious development time from the Lectric Panda by letting him answer to silly emails like this, I'd really appreciate that!
...[tab]

selig
RE Developer

14 Jan 2022

Not sure what to say, I can find no way to intentionally recreate your issue. No matter what I do I ONLY hear channel 1 notes when using Note/Gate CV out 1. Maybe you can share a screen shot showing your specific setup to see if we can find out exactly what is going on?
Selig Audio, LLC

rcbuse
RE Developer

14 Jan 2022

What I suspect you are doing is feeding CV Out 1 to the synth underneath Quad Note Gen, which is also being fed the midi notes in parallel.
You need to have Quad Note on top of something like an empty combinator, and then feed CV outs to instruments without players.

crimsonwarlock

15 Jan 2022

rcbuse wrote:
14 Jan 2022
You need to have Quad Note on top of something like an empty combinator, and then feed CV outs to instruments without players.
You can also put a UTL between the player and the first instrument below it, and set the note filter way out of range of the generated notes.
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

VoW

15 Jan 2022

rcbuse wrote:
14 Jan 2022
What I suspect you are doing is feeding CV Out 1 to the synth underneath Quad Note Gen, which is also being fed the midi notes in parallel.
Purrrrfect! This is exactly what I needed.
Oh, thank you so much!
Will now take a dive into the Quad note and PSQ reefs :thumbup:
...[tab]

• Information