Winners Announced: Oenkenstein Audio's Rumble Klank Competition - Last day Oct 31

Great fun, great prizes! Good luck!
challism

13 Oct 2021

UPDATE/EDIT
After a few days the panel has made their judgement:
1st prize: Quarmat.
2nd prize: Steedus.
3rd prize: Danilo Villanova.

(original post begins)
Now Rumble Klank Singing Bowls Generator has been released, Oenkenstein Audio in collaboration with Reasontalk wants you to get your creativity going with a challenge:

The Rumble Klank musical piece/song competition.
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... ble-klank/
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (42.51 KiB) Viewed 8633 times
Klank is a singing bowls generator, but can also be used as an instrument or as an oscillator for a synthesizer.

Some hints:
• The generator comes with long duration samples. Adjust the Release to get more ‘plucky’ sounds.
• Tune two or more bowls to the same pitch. It gives a massive sound and is a good starting point for building your own instrument.
• The drones can be used as pads without a sudden attack and its audio output can be a starting point for modular synthesis.

Wish you all good luck and fun,

/Ed Gool
Oenkenstein Audio

The rules:

General:
• Entries must be emailed to reasontalkcontest@gmail.com (WITH "KLANK" IN THE SUBJECT LINE)
Please include: 1) a link to your track, 2) your ReasonTalk username and 3) ‘Klank song competition’ in the subject/header of the email.
• Entries must be submitted by 23:59:59 PST on October 31 (before 12:00AM / 00:00 PST November 1).
• Only one entry per participant.
• No remixes or cover songs. Your work must be original.
• Do not use copyrighted samples or material that hasn’t been cleared.
• Be aware that we will ask you to provide the Reason project file to check for compliance to these rules. If you bounce to track, leave the original lane/device intact!
• Oenkenstein Audio reserves the right to showcase all submissions on the media page of the Oenkenstein Audio website.

Instruments:
• All sounds must originate from Rumble Klank Singing Bowls Generator, other than drum / percussion samples (Kong, Redrum, NN-19/XT, Dr. Octorex and Mimic) and recorded vocal or instrument tracks.

Effects:
• Any of Reason's stock M-class effects (the yellow devices).
• Any of Reason's stock effects (the red half rack devices).
• Reason's Scream Distortion, RV7000 Reverb, The Echo, the two Softube Amps and Audiomatic Retro Transformer.

Utilities and Players:
• No restrictions.

Prizes:
• 1st place: Free license for all 5 Rack Extensions made by Oenkenstein Audio.
• 2nd place: Free license for Rumble Klank Singing Bowls Generator and two other Oenkenstein Audio Rack Extensions of your choice.
• 3rd place: Free license for Rumble Klank Singing Bowls Generator.

Judges:
Oenkenstein Audio and ReasonTalk Team.

Link to the products page:
www.oenkenstein.nl/products.asp

Countdown timer: https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/v ... nt=cursive
RumbleKlankSongCompetition.png
RumbleKlankSongCompetition.png (559.47 KiB) Viewed 8686 times
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

14 Oct 2021

I would like to recommend to the dev to change his intro price to a few days after the results of this competition.

Currently "Introduction price until october, 31, 2021." same date this comp closes.

challism

14 Oct 2021

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
14 Oct 2021
I would like to recommend to the dev to change his intro price to a few days after the results of this competition.

Currently "Introduction price until october, 31, 2021." same date this comp closes.
Good idea

Oenkenstein
RE Developer

14 Oct 2021

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
14 Oct 2021

I have extended the introduction price of Klank to November, 10, 2021. However, it will take a few days before the updated product page will appear in the Reasonstudios shop with the new date.

Thanks for the suggestion. Thumbs up!

Steedus
Competition Winner

14 Oct 2021

I just bought it! Haha. If I have time I’ll try an entry, thanks.

bossa
Competition Winner

15 Oct 2021

Hello, a question regarding the competition rules: will it be allowed to record the own voice and play it back with the Mimic Sample Player?

Oenkenstein
RE Developer

15 Oct 2021

bossa wrote:
15 Oct 2021
Hello, a question regarding the competition rules: will it be allowed to record the own voice and play it back with the Mimic Sample Player?
Yes.
You are allowed to record your own voice and use Mimic. Yes, please :-)

challism

30 Oct 2021

Only 1 day 17 hours remaining (at the time of this posting).
Get your piece entered before time runs out.
klank.JPG
klank.JPG (59.2 KiB) Viewed 8448 times

wowhow
Competition Winner

31 Oct 2021

Hi, thank you for the competition!
I love how singing bowls sound. These samples are really so amazing.
The different type of bowls, glasses, and even rubbing sounds. Wow.
For my track, I tried a new age track where I just played C major keys randomly but with a constant pulse.

Steedus
Competition Winner

31 Oct 2021

I wanted to do so much more, but I was just too busy the last 2 weeks .. oh well, hope this is ok. Thanks for the interesting instrument. :thumbup:

EDIT: I have a few hours left, so will make some tweaks ... posting back soon

Danilo Villanova
Competition Winner

31 Oct 2021

Here's my entry. Done in Reason 11 Intro, all stock devices.

challism

31 Oct 2021

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (43.38 KiB) Viewed 8340 times

Quarmat
Competition Winner

31 Oct 2021

Hello there!

here's my entry for the competition. I tried to tune everything perfect and then I decided it was much better in its "natural" sound. I hope you can enjoy the track.

Have a nice day and thank you for hosting the competition!

Steedus
Competition Winner

31 Oct 2021

Here's my entry with some tweaks. Made a spooky track for halloween.

bossa
Competition Winner

01 Nov 2021

You can listen to my contribution here. This is a classic minimal music piece:

Last edited by bossa on 02 Nov 2021, edited 1 time in total.

challism

01 Nov 2021

Thanks for the contributions. The contest is now closed. Please be patient while the judges deliberate. We should have an announcement in the next few days. Stay tuned! In the meantime... go make some music. :)

Oenkenstein
RE Developer

04 Nov 2021

Yes, the competition is closed. Thank you so much contenders for the entries. They are very diverse. Ranging from (spooky) soundscapes, Steve Reich to pop songs.

Two owners of the singing bowls and also a member of Reasontalk joined the team of judges. When judging, factors such as creativity, originality, the use of the Rack Extension and composition were taken into account.

After a few days the panel has made their judgement:
1st prize: Quarmat.
2nd prize: Steedus.
3rd prize: Danilo Villanova.

We had a blast listening to the various tracks and it was interesting to see how verdicts changed when they were played more often.

I will PM the winners to ask for their Reasonstudios username and distribute the free licences according to the prizes they have won. Second prize winner Steedus is allowed to choose 3 Oenkenstein Rack Extensions, as Klank was already bought.

Many thanks goes to Challis from Reasontalk who proposed the contest and conducted the whole process.

Thumbs up and keep up the good work and make fine music!

Re8et
Competition Winner

04 Nov 2021

It may counts nothing but to my taste ...

1: Bossa
2: Wohow
3: Quarmat

nice sounding bells.

bossa
Competition Winner

04 Nov 2021

Thank you very much Re8et! I was very pleased!
Re8et wrote:
04 Nov 2021
It may counts nothing but to my taste ...

1: Bossa
2: Wohow
3: Quarmat

nice sounding bells.

Quarmat
Competition Winner

04 Nov 2021

Thank you for appreciating my track. It was a pleasure taking part to this competition. I enjoyed composing with Klang. I also appreciated all the tracks in this thread: the ethnic-hypnosis of Bossa's the mesmerizing texture of Wowhow's the dark atmosphere of Steedus' and especially the mystical tune of Danilo's track. You are great composers and I am honored to be part of this bunch.

I would like to thank Oenkenstein Audio and Challism for hosting this competition. Great fun, awesome tunes.

Have a nice day!

challism

04 Nov 2021

This was a tough one to judge. There were some really interesting and solid contributions. A heartfelt "thank you" goes out to all those who entered; without you, there wouldn't have been a contest. Congratulations are due to all of you!

Steedus
Competition Winner

04 Nov 2021

Thanks for the opportunity! It was fun to do a competition again, I haven't tried one in a while. Fun (but a little stressful) to have a strict deadline haha. Nice to hear how the other entrants used the instrument.

Thanks Oenkenstein Audio, Challism and all who entered.

Danilo Villanova
Competition Winner

05 Nov 2021

Thank you for the opportunity!! Very happy to be in the podium. Thanks to all who contributed. It’s an awesome instrument that I hope to use in the future :)

Danilo Villanova
Competition Winner

05 Nov 2021

Quarmat wrote:
04 Nov 2021
Thank you for appreciating my track. It was a pleasure taking part to this competition. I enjoyed composing with Klang. I also appreciated all the tracks in this thread: the ethnic-hypnosis of Bossa's the mesmerizing texture of Wowhow's the dark atmosphere of Steedus' and especially the mystical tune of Danilo's track. You are great composers and I am honored to be part of this bunch.

I would like to thank Oenkenstein Audio and Challism for hosting this competition. Great fun, awesome tunes.

Have a nice day!
Hey, Quarmat. Congratulations on making first place! And thanks for your nice comments. Your track is awesome! What did you use for the cajon sounds?

Quarmat
Competition Winner

05 Nov 2021

Danilo Villanova wrote:
05 Nov 2021

Hey, Quarmat. Congratulations on making first place! And thanks for your nice comments. Your track is awesome! What did you use for the cajon sounds?
Thanks, I enjoyed your track! For the kajon I used an OctoRex with three loops that can be found in the Reason Factory Library:
  • Kahon_01a_100.rx2
  • Kahon_01b_100.rx2
  • Kahon_01c_100.rx2

• Information