Saturation Knob MkII

This forum is for sharing patches created with the updated Combinator, as well as backdrops and any backdrop assets.
Forum rules
This forum is for sharing patches created with the updated Combinator, as well as backdrops and any backdrop assets. If you would like to share a patch here as an attachment, you must zip it first. Otherwise you can host your patches elsewhere and share the links here.
Ottostrom

10 Oct 2021

Requires Softubes free Saturation Knob RE
Shop Link

I'm back with another combinator!
I got inspired by a thread about the Saturation Knob and automatic volume compensation. Someone posted a combinator which tried to compensate for the increased volume as you turn the saturation knob, but that one just didn't cut it for me so I decided to make my own. In addition to the volume compensation I also decided to add a pre-EQ which lets you shape the signal a bit before it hits the saturation. Often when I want to distort / saturate a signal I notice which frequencies are dominating the effect first after I've dialed it up, so I think it saves some time to have this shaping possibility in the same unit. I've also added a pre saturation gain knob and a master volume fader so there are plenty of options for amplitude control :)

Download Link

I feel like I've finally found a super non-destructive way of working in Photoshop and these backdrops are getting less and less painful to make :D

manisnotabird

13 Oct 2021

Might be cool to make the EQ be an emphasis/de-emphasis style deal, where there's a pre- and post- saturation EQ (i.e. if the pre-EQ is cutting the lows, the post-EQ will be boosting them, and vice versa).

Ottostrom

13 Oct 2021

manisnotabird wrote:
13 Oct 2021
Might be cool to make the EQ be an emphasis/de-emphasis style deal, where there's a pre- and post- saturation EQ (i.e. if the pre-EQ is cutting the lows, the post-EQ will be boosting them, and vice versa).
Yeah that is actually what I was gonna do as my next combinator! :)
But I think I'm gonna use another device than Saturation Knob for the effect.

This guy who is a relatively new youtuber did a great video about saturation which got me inspired to build some custom stuff:

Loque

13 Oct 2021

Ottostrom wrote:
13 Oct 2021
manisnotabird wrote:
13 Oct 2021
Yeah that is actually what I was gonna do as my next combinator! :)
But I think I'm gonna use another device than Saturation Knob for the effect.

This guy who is a relatively new youtuber did a great video about saturation which got me inspired to build some custom stuff:

Excellent video :thumbs_up: .
Reason12, Win10

• Information