Reason 11.3.9 Release Notes

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Billy+

15 Mar 2021

joeyluck wrote:
15 Mar 2021
For anybody interested, I counted the features, fixes and improvements of Reason 11.0 - 11.3.9

It is over 30 features and over 90 fixes and general improvements. A total of over 120 things added or addressed.
And it's still not fixed or includes the features that we're all screaming for :lol:

List them all with patch number so we can see.....

bxbrkrz

15 Mar 2021

"We"
757365206C6F67696320746F207365656B20616E73776572732075736520726561736F6E20746F2066696E6420776973646F6D20676574206F7574206F6620796F757220636F6D666F7274207A6F6E65206F7220796F757220696E737069726174696F6E2077696C6C206372797374616C6C697A6520666F7265766572

Billy+

15 Mar 2021

Reason 11.3.9 Release Notes
Feature: Shift+doubleclick on note in Edit mode selects that note + all following notes until end of clip
Reason now falls back to Authorizer for updating licences, if Companion has been uninstalled, even for active Reason+ subscribers
Trailing and leading whitespaces are automatically trimmed from Reason login username field
Go To product page removed from Help menu for built in devices
Improved performance for Rack Extension panels and glass / dirt overlay graphics
Fixed a memory leak when loading samples
Fixed a bug that made Calc wheel displaying incorrect status
Fixed a bug that made it impossible to use keyboard to move notes above or below existing notes of same length in piano roll
Fixed bug that caused crash when bouncing mono clip to MP3
Fixed a bug in Remote where controls scales incorrectly between control surfaces and Reason. Stepped controls mapped to knobs/faders and stepped outputs mapped to smooth displays were incorrectly scaled
Fixed a bug with malfunctioning external inputs on iZotope Neutron 3 (and possibly other plugins) in Reason Suite/Intro/Lite
Fixed a bug that caused Redrum to crash if user did Delete Sample in the Assigned Samples list in the Song Samples page in the browser
Fixed a bug that caused a crash when opening Sample Edit window for some users on macOS Big Sur
Fixed a bug with song samples browser refresh in Kong
Fixed bug that caused easy midi not to work on Windows
Fixed a bug with Auto-routing of send / return sockets in Rack Extensions
Improved error message for communication error alert
Improved error message when downloading Rack Extension license fails
Added retry option when Rack Extension license download fails

Reason 11.3.8 Release Notes
Fixed a bug where Windows users with French language setting got a crash upon opening Preferences
(Only available on Reason Standard and Reason Suite)

Reason 11.3.7 Release Notes
General improvements and fixes
(Only available on Reason Standard and Reason Suite)

Reason 11.3.6 Release Notes
Fixed a bug where Reason would not receive audio input on some versions of macOS in certain situations.
Fixed a bug where it was not possible to Run pattern devices inside a Combinator in Reason Rack Plugin.

Reason 11.3.5 Release Notes
Improved stability when running multiple Reason Rack Plugin instances
Fixed a bug that sometimes caused parameter automation to fail when running the AU Reason Rack Plugin in Live

Reason 11.3.4 Release Notes
Updated version of Beat Map (included in Reason & Reason Suite)
Two brand new maps, Arctic and Tharsis

A number of new device patches and Combinator style patches, using the new maps

Three quick buttons for setting Reset Step to 16, 32 or 64. These are especially useful when the maps play long, complex rhythms. Restrain the beat by selecting 16, and play a variation or fill by briefly selecting 64

Default value for Reset Step changed to 32

Fixed a bug where ratchets on the last step of a beat could be inadvertently skipped

Fixed a bug where Beat Map could sometimes go out of sync while playing back in Block Mode
Fixed a problem where the Send to Track button on Players would not work in Block Mode

Fixed issues when using Undo with some VST plugins in Reason

Fixed an issue that sometimes caused device parameters to reset to zero in the AAX version of Reason Rack Plugin Effect (when opening a document or changing instrument slot in Pro Tools)

Fixed a problem that could cause a crash when removing an instance of Reason Rack Plugin in Maschine

Changed heading text from Propellerhead to Reason Studios in the Create device menu

Reason 11.3.3 Release Notes
Skip button at plugin scanning now skips only one plugin instead of all remaining plugins
New “Enable All” button in Manage Plugins to re-enable all failed plugins for scan on restart
Fixed a bug where plugin scanning would fail if Windows username contained non-ASCII characters

Reason 11.3.2 Release Notes
Reason Rack Plugin for AAX is now available as "Effect" as well, under various effect submenus. With RRP Effect, the empty rack shows the most used effect devices, for quick access.
Added Remote files for Novation Launchkey mk3 series.
Browsing for Default Song Template in the Preferences will now open a regular OS file browser.
It's now possible to create a Player in a new rack by dragging and dropping it onto a rack divider.
Fixed a bug where aftertouch wasn't recognized from Arturia Keystep
Fixed a bug where PDC didn't adjust properly when exporting at a different sample rate.
Fixed a bug where the Sample Editor couldn't be used with some Rack Extensions.
Fixed a bug where Reason Rack Plugin could crash when using non-QWERTY keyboard layouts.
Fixed a bug where download of Optional Content could fail under MacOS Catalina.
Fixed a bug in RRP AU, where all MIDI CC from the MIDI Out Device defaulted to zero upon loading a document. This could cause silence since Volume, Expression and others were set to zero.
Fixed a bug with pattern devices in RRP, where automation of pattern selection would skip certain patterns.
Fixed a bug where the Save and Export dialogs didn't behave correctly.
Fixed a bug where recording could result in extremely short note lengths (due to double instances of keyboards in the preferences).
Fixed a bug where using Search in the MacOS file dialog would hang the dialog.
Improved compatibility with Vienna Symphonic Library, Waves and other plugins.
Fixed a bug where using Pitch Bend, Mod Wheel, etc would fill up the Undo History in Logic.
Fixed a bug where updating Rack Extension licenses could stall Reason Rack Plugin.
Fixed shutdown problems with RRP.
Fixed so that Reason does not crash if a VST crashes during scanning

Reason 11.3 Release Notes
Reason Rack Plugin is now available to Pro Tools users as an AAX plugin
Installing VST3, AU and AAX plugins are now optional in the Reason installer (Please note: in any auto-update after Reason 11.3, Reason will respect which plugin formats you have installed)
Fixed a bug where Authorizer would not shut down correctly after updating licenses on Mac
Fixed a bug where dragging a Player on top of the rack divider would not create the Player
Fixed a bug where the text input fields on the save and export dialogs would be unresponsive on Mac
Fixed a bug where MIDI notes would become incredibly short when recording from multiple MIDI channels on the same track
Fixed a bug where recording Pitch Bend and Mod Wheel could create pure, unadulterated chaos in the Undo history
Fixed a bug where Reason Rack Plugin would start in a non-English language when it was not intended
Fixed an issue that could cause Reason Rack Plugin to crash when quitting a project in certain conditions and hosts
Improved compatibility with Waves plugins
Improved compatibility with some plugins, specifically those using eLicenser for copy protection on Mac

Reason 11.2.1 Release Notes
Fixed a bug where “Create…” menu items were unavailable
Fixed some cases where a Player would not auto-create an instrument
Fixes to the VST crash protection on Windows for increased plugin compatibility
Fixed a bug where the latest Authorizer would not be installed when updating Reason on Windows
Fixed a bug where joining cross faded clips would render parts of the audio with insert effects
Fixed a bug where device images in the browser could become corrupt with many plugins installed
Fixed a bug where browsing patches could temporarily remove browse focus in Reason Rack Plugin
Fixed a bug where Reason Rack Plugin could play 64 samples too early
Fixed a bug where the Wash algorithm in Audiomatic could self-oscillate indefinitely
Fixed a bug where the delay length of DDL-1 was not updated on sample rate changes
Improved auto-routing when replacing MIDI Out Device with an instrument
Improved error messages for file handling exceptions
Added MP3 export

Reason 11.2 Release Notes
New Player device included in Reason and Reason Suite: Beat Map Algorhythmic Drummer
New MIDI Out Device in Reason Rack Plugin, you can now send MIDI notes and MIDI CC to your host
New MIDI Out Device replacing the External MIDI Instrument in Reason standalone
Drag MIDI notes to track from Redrum, Dr OctoRex and Matrix from Reason Rack Plugin
New version of Authorizer with several improvements, including fixing an incompatibility with other software using CodeMeter
Fixed an issue where automating parameters in the AU version of Reason Rack Plugin did not work as expected
Fixed an issue with plugins using iLok when using Reason under macOS Catalina
Fixed an issue that made certain VST plugins crash (including SoundToys, Mastering the Mix and Cherry Audio)

Reason 11.1 Release Notes
Reason Rack Plugin is now available in AUv2 format
Reason 11.1 and Reason Rack Plugin are now notarized and ready for macOS Catalina
Added keyboard input to Reason Rack Plugin, you can now use Tab, Delete, Enter, cmd/ctrl+z and the arrow keys.
Added Bypass support to Reason Rack Plugin (VST3)
Fixed a bug where delay compensation did not work properly on mono tracks
Fixed a bug where multiple Authorizer instances could open simultaneously
Fixed a bug where opening a project with Reason Rack Plugin and missing Rack Extensions would cause a Bad Format error
Fixed a bug where the VST window could steal keyboard focus from the on screen keyboard in Reason
Fixed a bug where Kong's compressor could sound different when exporting
Fixed a bug where curved automation did not work on certain automation clips on Windows
Fixed a crash that could happen when exporting overlapping crossfade clips
Fixed a bug where invisible notes could be accidentally clicked in multi-lane editing
Fixed a bug where some Players would skip the first note in Reason Rack Plugin

Reason 11.0.2 Lite Release Notes
This update only applies to Reason 11 Lite
Remote support for the following M-Audio controllers:
Oxygen v4 Series
Code Series
Keystation mk3 Series
Added Remote mapping for new Reason devices for selected controllers

Reason 11.0.1 Release Notes
Reason Rack Plugin Effect now correctly reports latency to the host
Fixed a bug where Reason Rack Plugin could crash if you had authorized your computer but also saved your password for auto-login
Fixed a bug where Reason's interface could sometimes completely freeze when using several rack devices with advanced displays

Reason 11 Release Notes
Reason now includes Reason Rack Plugin, a plugin version of the Reason Rack
Added new device: Sweeper Modulation Effect
Added new device: Quartet Chorus Ensemble
Added new device: Master Bus Compressor
Added new device: Channel Dynamics
Added new device: Channel EQ
Curve automation lines between two automation points
Crossfade between two overlapping audio clips
Improved zoom, including individual track height, improved Zoom to Selection (Z) and increased zoom height
Mute MIDI notes using the Mute Tool or pressing M
New Pencil Tool mode to draw notes at current snap value
Absolute Snap, a new snap setting where events always snap to the grid
Improved key visualization in Edit Mode, showing both the notes played via MIDI and the notes selected
Shortcut for moving notes up or down an octave,
cmd+shift+up/down (Mac) or ctrl+shift+up/down (Win)
Draw an automation point on the existing automation line by holding Shift
Improved application start-up time
New application icon and company name
Removed ReWire
Fixed an issue where Reason's graphics could be slow on certain color profiles on macOS
Fixed a bug where a Player could be left in the rack after deleting a Mix Channel
Fixed a bug where parameter values were not correct when using Behringer BCR2000
Various bug fixes and improvements

Billy+

15 Mar 2021

I'm definitely seeing a lot more features and fixes in Version 11 than previous versions and judging from the version numbers and the time frame of the next major release I'm thinking we won't be getting anything else from this point.

So we are still waiting for fully implemented vst midi support
Along with vst3 support
A better solution to licensing

And so far all that's been hinted at is hi resolution graphics......

Jagwah

16 Mar 2021

Billy+ wrote:
15 Mar 2021
...And so far all that's been hinted at is hi resolution graphics......

Billy+

16 Mar 2021

joeyluck wrote:
16 Mar 2021
Most of the time, nothing is shared or hinted at about the next version though...
And it's beginning to become very frustrating ;)

EnochLight

16 Mar 2021

Billy+ wrote:
15 Mar 2021
judging from the version numbers and the time frame of the next major release I'm thinking we won't be getting anything else from this point.
You mean from 11.3.9 to 12? I am 100% totally OK with that, assuming they focus their efforts on the new stuff expected in 12. :clap: :thumbs_up:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Billy+

16 Mar 2021

11.3.9 is the last branch in this cycle, now we must wait till June / July

Marc64

16 Mar 2021

It would be cool if they hinted with a few something that keeps us just WANTING!!!! :)

Irruchi

16 Mar 2021

I wonder if they implement vst3 if they could get the console1/fader to work... Then again... Little hope due to the way the mixer channels function.

Jagwah

16 Mar 2021

I wonder how much of the Hi Res upgrade implementation is due to it being an RRP upgrade.

hiro-f

17 Mar 2021

Mattias said on his blog.
"next big Reason upgrade for release later this year"

certifiedbeatz

18 Mar 2021

I have not use the Daw yet since updating .used the rack which works well.. one thing it fixed i had an exception error everytime I loaded the DAW since this update that is fixed than you..

dandandaaan

19 Mar 2021

Warning: hot take ahead.

I'm speaking purely as an outside observer as I've now moved over to Logic completely (and love it), but it does make me more than a little upset to see "Trailing and leading whitespaces are automatically trimmed from Reason login username field" as the third most exciting feature of an update.
singer/songwriter with electronic tendencies

http://pointsmusic.bandcamp.com/
https://soundcloud.com/points_music

Logic / Ableton Live / Reason Rack / Nord Stage 2 / Moog Grandmother / Eurorack / Guitars, drums, toys

fieldframe
RE Developer

19 Mar 2021

Was there a thread about some kind of hint at a Combinator 2 here earlier, or did I just imagine that? It doesn't look like it was merged into anything.

R303

19 Mar 2021

Company name is also good.
But I take it easy now. Logic has also completely different financial possibilities.
fieldframe wrote:
19 Mar 2021
Was there a thread about some kind of hint at a Combinator 2 here earlier, or did I just imagine that? It doesn't look like it was merged into anything.
Yeah, Ryan had written, then topic was done.

Jagwah

20 Mar 2021

fieldframe wrote:
19 Mar 2021
R303 wrote:
19 Mar 2021
No someone else wrote it, then at Prop's request it was deleted. Then I made a thread asking about it and that was moved to The Kitchen and locked.

Ryan hinted at it in the latest video but that's not to be spoken of apparently :twisted:
Last edited by Jagwah on 20 Mar 2021, edited 1 time in total.

Creativemind

20 Mar 2021

deeplink wrote:
10 Mar 2021
So close to Reason 11.4.0 I can almost taste it
Before the end of April d'you think? that's my guess.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

joeyluck

20 Mar 2021

Jagwah wrote:
20 Mar 2021
fieldframe wrote:
19 Mar 2021
R303 wrote:
19 Mar 2021
No someone else wrote it, then at Prop's request it was deleted. Then I made a thread asking about it and that was moved to The Kitchen and locked.

Ryan hinted at it in the latest video but that's not to be spoken of apparently :twisted:
No, the OP requested it be deleted.

Jagwah

20 Mar 2021

joeyluck wrote:
20 Mar 2021
Jagwah wrote:
20 Mar 2021

This is in the locked thread in The Kitchen. Two mods are saying different things here and it appears one of them is actually... dare I say it.... making up a story for some reason?
Challism.jpg
Challism.jpg (60.99 KiB) Viewed 5235 times

joeyluck

20 Mar 2021

Jagwah wrote:
20 Mar 2021
joeyluck wrote:
20 Mar 2021

This is in the locked thread in The Kitchen. Two mods are saying different things here and it appears one of them is actually... dare I say it.... making up a story for some reason?

Challism.jpg
He was just messing with you. Phillip was the OP.

Jagwah

20 Mar 2021

joeyluck wrote:
20 Mar 2021
Jagwah wrote:
20 Mar 2021

Challism.jpg
He was just messing with you. Phillip was the OP.
There really was no need to lock and move my thread imo but it's OK, thanks for explaining.

Onkel Paul

22 Mar 2021

Actually, I am not really looking foreward to any future enhancements. It is unlikely that Reason Studios may come up with something I would be willing to spend money. Bug Fixes is a different thing, but these should be free anyhow.

REASON was more a toy that I bought when I was not aware what I really would need for my music besides of "a DAW".
This selection was maybe not the best years ago, but today its clear REASON "the DAW" is no fit for me. And that is related to the sequencer.
While the Rack still has its appeal, the DAW is by far to weak.

I have switched to Studio One and that was like entering a different world. I knew REASON was lacking important features, but how wide this gap was - I had no Idea.
So there is no way that REASON will even come close, no matter what new features they might bring. And investing in a new Rack Device via a program update? There must be a good reason to do that, and I can hardly imagine a scenario where that will be the case.

I have the Suite and the RRP. The Rack is fine within Studio One. If I need any more Instruments (and looking at my VST library I shouldn't) this will be no REs.
I am not looking back with regrets and have no bad feelings*, but this is where our ways will part. I have found a new love.

* This is partialy due to the fact that being a REASON owner entiled me for a nice discount with presonus

• Information