Sustain pedal problem with RRP

This forum is for discussing the Reason Rack Plugin, the version of the Reason rack that runs as a VST3, AU, AAX in other DAWs.
gusring

17 Feb 2021

Hi guys!

I'm experiencing an issue when using RRP in Logic or Mainstage... when I push my sustain pedal it reacts randomly. Sometimes it turns on, sometimes not, sometimes it gets stuck in on mode. It doesn't matter what patch I'm using in RRP. If I use the midi instruments in Logic or any other plugin instruments (for example Spitfire Audio LABS) they work fine with the sustain pedal. The sustain pedal also works normally if I use Reason as a standalone program. I have also tried other sustain pedals and tried switching the polarity, but it doesn't change anything.

Would be eternally grateful for some help, as I can't find an answer to this anywhere and it's slowly driving me nuts...

//gus

gusring

18 Feb 2021

Just found the solution! Oh what a relief. If anyone else experience the same problem; the issue was the buffer size in Logic. The lowest buffer size for Reason is 64 and I had it lower than that in Logic (at 32). Once I changed the buffer size in Logic to 64 the problem disappeared.

Loque

18 Feb 2021

Sounds like a bug, but i am not sure if in Reason or Logic. Both should work independently of the buffer size.
Reason12, Win10

• Information